2017-2018 University of Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys, I am an OOS accepted student, looking for where to live in Louisville. Any recommendations? Also am looking for roomate(s). Maybe someone could make the FB page?

Congrats on the acceptance! If you don't mind me asking, when did you get the email/call from admissions?

As far as places to live, I know the River Oak apt complex is a popular place amongst medical/dental students. Good areas to look are germantown and the Highland which are areas that are close to the medical campus and downtown but also restaurants, bars, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! I interviewed on December 5th and heard back on December 13th. I am going to look into those places, thank you!

accepted just now by email. OOS

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also accepted just now by email. Interviewed on Jan 4th. OOS. Congrats to everyone who just got accepted and good luck to the rest!

Also accepted just now by email. Interviewed on Jan 4th. OOS. Congrats to everyone who just got accepted and good luck to the rest!
Hey since you interviewed so recently, do you remember when they said scholarship info will start being dispersed?

Anybody know how long the interview season is? Submitted in early August, and nothing so far.

Congrats on the acceptance! If you don't mind me asking, when did you get the email/call from admissions?

As far as places to live, I know the River Oak apt complex is a popular place amongst medical/dental students. Good areas to look are germantown and the Highland which are areas that are close to the medical campus and downtown but also restaurants, bars, etc.

Last edited:

Congrats! I interviewed on the Jan 4th as well. I looked at your previous post, you wouldn't happen to be one of the GT brothers would you?

Members don't see this ad :)
9/3. Stated received 9/5.

Oh okay! Congrats! Mine was submitted in Mid-October because I didn’t take my MCAT until September, so I didn’t get my results until October! So now I’ll just continue with the waiting game

Got put in the "potential waitlist consideration" pool after interviewing at the main campus. However, I also applied to Trover campus in like November and have not heard anything back. Those of you that applied to Trover campus, anyone hear back or in the same boat as me?

I just received invite last week. Would anyone who already interviewed mind sharing the setup of the interview? Was it one on one, open application, etc?

I just received invite last week. Would anyone who already interviewed mind sharing the setup of the interview? Was it one on one, open application, etc?

2 interviews about 20-25 min each with a staff member. then 1 group activity thing you do with 3 or so other people.

Yeah the two interviews will be one on one with either a staff member or med student. They are open file but closed to academics, meaning they will see everything on your AMCAS and secondary app, just not your MCAT and GPA

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone that interviewed in January, heard anything other than "no decision has been made"?

me and at least one other person that recently commented on this thread interviewed on Jan 4th and were accepted on Jan 10th. I was told that the admissions committee meets every 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month. So the following dates that acceptances could be given out to those who interviewed would potentially be Feb 7th and Feb 21st.

me and at least one other person that recently commented on this thread interviewed on Jan 4th and were accepted on Jan 10th. I was told that the admissions committee meets every 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month. So the following dates that acceptances could be given out to those who interviewed would potentially be Feb 7th and Feb 21st.
cool, thanks for the info.

It was asked earlier in the thread but was not answered.
Does anyone know the screening cutoffs for secondaries?

Thanks!

It was asked earlier in the thread but was not answered.
Does anyone know the screening cutoffs for secondaries?

Thanks!

3.0 GPA (both cum and sci) and a 498 MCAT are the absolute minimum to get a secondary. I’m not sure what the cutoffs for an interview are however.

3.0 GPA (both cum and sci) and a 498 MCAT are the absolute minimum to get a secondary. I’m not sure what the cutoffs for an interview are however.
Thanks! I appreciate it.

Do you know if that just means they haven't even gone over our application yet?

Do you know if that just means they haven't even gone over our application yet?
It either means that they have not gone over your application or they saw your application but could not make a final decision, to my knowledge. Neither of those things are bad!

My portal still says that the adcom hasn’t made a decision on my app (pre-II). Anybody else?

A8817F81-B1BB-43A7-B103-D2E96D1BF4F3.png
Hi guys, I am an OOS accepted student, looking for where to live in Louisville. Any recommendations? Also am looking for roomate(s). Maybe someone could make the FB page?

Hi All,

Just a heads up that we will be listing our townhouse that is located in the Highlands. We have lived here all through Med School and Intern year (now only selling to complete residency out-of-state). It is a quick 5 minute drive or bike ride to the hospitals/health science campus. Ask anyone, the Highlands are where you want to be for convience/safety/nightlife/coffee shops/etc! It is literally the most ideal location! We bought the townhouse from a med student 5 years ago and our neighbors are all med/dental/residents, as well. A lot of people choose to buy when they realize a mortgage is less than rent and to avoid going in more debt by throwing away money to a rental.

Townhouse is over 1400 sq ft, open concept, hardwood, updated kitchen, fireplace, balcony, 2 bed (both suites) + a loft, 2 full baths. We will be listing for 209k by owner. We won’t be do showings until after Match Day in March, but definitely message me if interested! Thanks!

**If someone can post this to your class FB page, I’d appreciate it!

Last edited:
Hi All,

Just a heads up that we will be listing our townhouse that is located in the Highlands. We have lived here all through Med School and Intern year (now only selling to complete residency out-of-state). It is a quick 5 minute drive or bike ride to the hospitals/health science campus. Ask anyone, the Highlands are where you want to be for convience/safety/nightlife/coffee shops/etc! It is literally the most ideal location! We bought the townhouse from a med student 5 years ago and our neighbors are all med/dental/residents, as well. A lot of people choose to buy when they realize a mortgage is less than rent and to avoid going in more debt by throwing away money to a rental.

Townhouse is over 1400 sq ft, open concept, hardwood, 2 bed (both suites)+ a loft, 2 full baths. We will be listing for 209k. We won’t be showing until after Match Day in March, but definitely message me if interested! Thanks!

Have not applied yet, but the Highlands is a great area to live!!

My portal still says that the adcom hasn’t made a decision on my app (pre-II). Anybody else?

I’m in the same boat! Guess that means either they’re saving us for the last interview date or we’re getting rejected here soon ‍♀️

I realize this is subjective, but how long did most of you have to wait before you got a decision ( i.e. accepted, rejected, or waitlisted) from the admissions committee?

I realize this is subjective, but how long did most of you have to wait before you got a decision ( i.e. accepted, rejected, or waitlisted) from the admissions committee?

It depends,some people hear back after the first comittee meeting meanwhile others, like me, it took 3 meetings(about 5-6 weeks). But since they are choosing waitlist candidates currently you should find out by the end of March. At least that’s my guess

Last edited:
It depends,some people hear back after the first comittee meeting others (like me) it took 3 meetings(about 5-6 weeks). But since they are choosing waitlist candidates currently you should find out by the end of March. At least that’s my guess

Thanks for the info, it sounds like I should have chosen the January 4th slot instead of the 11th. Oh well, it will be what it will be - hopefully, there will be some good news on Wednesday, and I won't have to wait for another two weeks haha. Thanks again!

Does anyone know when the last interview date is? Does anyone know how many people are typically placed on the waitlist from the waitlist pool?

Did you all get invited to the actual waitlist or waitlist consideration? Just wondering if they’ve started making the final waitlist

mine was the actual waitlist, but the email said rankings won't be determined until like April or something like that.

mine was the actual waitlist, but the email said rankings won't be determined until like April or something like that.

Congrats! So you went straight from no decision to final waitlist? Nice. I thought they pooled everyone into the consideration pile then decided on the final list. Are you IS or OOS

Congrats! So you went straight from no decision to final waitlist? Nice. I thought they pooled everyone into the consideration pile then decided on the final list. Are you IS or OOS

I read it over another three times just to make sure:writer: , but yeah that is what the email says: " you have been selected for the waitlist for the entering class of 2018". I am OOS.

Im curious as well. I interviewed 12/5 and I've been receiving the no decision has been made email ever since