2017-2018 University of Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still no score-complete 7/30, but seems like they are finally making their way to end of july apps? At this point I want an OOS interview just to know that there wasn't something toxic in my app that is driving everyone away ughh

Members don't see this ad.

+1! This is already an improvement since I wasn’t scored (or at least according to the portal) last cycle. :D

Edit: was complete 7/6 or so

I was complete early September!
They might've scored my app quickly because I have ~520 MCAT.

I was complete early September!
They might've scored my app quickly because I have ~520 MCAT.

I’ve given up trying to understand any admissions processes and just chalk everything up to a crap shoot hahaha, I’m happy to make any progress at all ^^ congrats on that score though!

Members don't see this ad :)
It changed from “decision had been made” yesterday to “the final admissions committee decision will be available on October 16th”

Did it change at all for you?

That's what mine says too! Crossing fingers for us :)

Reactions: 1 user
II! Complete 9/22. First one I've received so far. Could choose preferred dates from November - March and had to resist turning the interview into a Spring Break trip! :headphone:

Reactions: 3 users
II! Complete 9/22. First one I've received so far. Could choose preferred dates from November - March and had to resist turning the interview into a Spring Break trip! :headphone:

I would be so tempted to make my interview right before Ultra lol!

Reactions: 5 users
"Your applications and interview report will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Decisions are usually made within 4-6 weeks of the interview. You will be notified by cell phone, e-mail and/or standard mail." :(

"Your applications and interview report will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Decisions are usually made within 4-6 weeks of the interview. You will be notified by cell phone, e-mail and/or standard mail." :(

+1 :dead: pls love me miller

Still no score-complete 7/30, but seems like they are finally making their way to end of july apps? At this point I want an OOS interview just to know that there wasn't something toxic in my app that is driving everyone away ughh
+1

I submitted my secondary on August 14 and have been stuck as "Your Application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine." For both the MD and the MD/MPH programs. Is this normal? Getting a little antsy over here for some movement...

I submitted my secondary on August 14 and have been stuck as "Your Application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine." For both the MD and the MD/MPH programs. Is this normal? Getting a little antsy over here for some movement...
I have been there since 7/15. So who knows...

Reactions: 3 users
Any suggestions for a healthy number of times to check the portal each day? Asking for a friend

Reactions: 18 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked and my app was reviewed - complete 08/24

Ah you were one of the re-scheduled interview dates if I remember correctly? That may be why 9/18ers like me don't have our decisions yet, maybe they gave preference to review reports for people who were scheduled before but had to interview later due to the hurricane. And I don't think they mentioned 10/4 at our date either. Makes more sense now :)

I interviewed 9/18 and I've had the final decision status for about a week now. The dates on the Hub are dates they send out acceptances, not the dates the committee meets. At my interview they told us the first committee meeting was on the 4th, and it makes sense that the first acceptance date listed on the Hub is the 16th, which is the first date allowed by AAMC for schools to send out acceptances.

I interviewed 9/18 and I've had the final decision status for about a week now. The dates on the Hub are dates they send out acceptances, not the dates the committee meets. At my interview they told us the first committee meeting was on the 4th, and it makes sense that the first acceptance date listed on the Hub is the 16th, which is the first date allowed by AAMC for schools to send out acceptances.

I honestly do not recall the talk about the 4th but I interviewed on the 18th too, so I may have just been zoned out :p

Not sure what the hold up is, but I still don't have a final decision :confused: hope I don't get spilled over to the next acceptance date

You still have the final decision status? I had it and then it changed on 10/04

We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. The final Admissions Committee decision will be available on October 16th, 2017. Contact the admissions ofice at 305-243-3234upload_2017-10-10_13-59-19.png or [email protected] if you do not receive a telephone call, an e-mail or a letter within seven days.

I honestly do not recall the talk about the 4th but I interviewed on the 18th too, so I may have just been zoned out :p

Not sure what the hold up is, but I still don't have a final decision :confused: hope I don't get spilled over to the next acceptance date

Dr. Gervais mentioned it during her meeting with us a couple times! We had the first interview date of the cycle so I don't think you should get spilled over, it may just be a glitch in the portal or something, who knows! Hopefully we both hear good news next week :highfive:

You still have the final decision status? I had it and then it changed on 10/04

We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. The final Admissions Committee decision will be available on October 16th, 2017. Contact the admissions ofice at 305-243-3234View attachment 224263 or [email protected] if you do not receive a telephone call, an e-mail or a letter within seven days.

Yeah mine changed to this as well after a couple of days! Technically this still says a final decision has been made without using those words! Good luck!!

Anyone know whether Miller is receptive to in the area requests?

For those of you who have gotten IIs, how long did it take between getting scored and getting the interview?

Reactions: 1 users
II today for MD + MD/MPH. LizzyM 65. Scored 10/10(yesterday). Dates available were Mid December-Late January/February.

Reactions: 5 users
still haven't been scored since july 31 and sent an update too :(

Holy ****, what a fast turnaround. Congrats!! ^o^

Haha thanks. It's been my dream ever since I was in high-school to be at the U. Crazy I'm getting a chance all these years later.

dats lateeeeeeeeeee

Yeah lowkey. There was one date for December and a few for January(atleast 3). I'm sure people will cancel a bit after acceptances come out because while it's great school people like myself are running out of travel money haha.

so do we think the U does the silent rejection? Submitted for the MD program on 7/21 and still not scored...

so do we think the U does the silent rejection? Submitted for the MD program on 7/21 and still not scored...

I'm in the exact same boat except theres a lot of people who are scored with no interview still- I don't get it, I don't think we could be rejected without being scored that doesnt make sense

I'm in the exact same boat except theres a lot of people who are scored with no interview still- I don't get it, I don't think we could be rejected without being scored that doesnt make sense
same

I was rejected last cycle without getting scored, so no silent rejections from here!

I was rejected last cycle without getting scored, so no silent rejections from here!
Did your LizzyM improve a lot from last time? I see that you said you got scored this cycle. Maybe they wait to score lower stats people but if they wait too long (enough acceptances) they reject without scoring

Did your LizzyM improve a lot from last time? I see that you said you got scored this cycle. Maybe they wait to score lower stats people but if they wait too long (enough acceptances) they reject without scoring
My LizzyM actually didn’t change, lol. Chalking it up to better luck this time around :)

EDIT: Also, people have said that you can get scored without it being reflected in the portal, so maybe that’s what happened in my case :thinking:

Last edited:
Mcat 520 gpa 3.9+ still not scored complete very end of July...so silent rejection I guess?

Mcat 520 gpa 3.9+ still not scored complete very end of July...so silent rejection I guess?

Or your impatience is getting the best of you. Relax. With those stats, you'll be going to several interviews I am sure. ( unless you have crazy IAs and such)

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know what we should be expecting from the MPH day of the MD/MPH interviews? Would it be anything different than standard MD stuff like policy questions?

Anyone know what we should be expecting from the MPH day of the MD/MPH interviews? Would it be anything different than standard MD stuff like policy questions?

Just so ppl understand - there's only 1 interview. You're either part of the majority (interview 1st day at the main campus) or part of the minority (interview 2nd day at the regional campus).

I'm not sure how these interviews differ, but in my experience faculty were vary warm and welcoming at both campuses.

Just so ppl understand - there's only 1 interview. You're either part of the majority (interview 1st day at the main campus) or part of the minority (interview 2nd day at the regional campus).

I'm not sure how these interviews differ, but in my experience faculty were vary warm and welcoming at both campuses.

Oh wow I totally did not see that part on the email (must have glossed over it out of excitement!), thank you so much for the response! That is a huge relief actually.

What important information is on the hub app for the interview? None of the documents will open for me. Also anyone know the address of the regional campus?

Complete around 7/18 - 7/25, still not scored. Does that just mean they haven't seen my app yet and there is hope? This is one of my top and this silence is hurting. lol

So we can expect to hear tomorrow?

I believe so! It says on the Hub app that they notify accepted applicants at about 5PM. I’m not sure when wait listed applicants will be notified.

What important information is on the hub app for the interview? None of the documents will open for me. Also anyone know the address of the regional campus?

Acceptance dates throughout the year and addresses related to the interview was all I really looked at

I believe so! It says on the Hub app that they notify accepted applicants at about 5PM. I’m not sure when wait listed applicants will be notified.

According to the last couple years worth of threads, people who are accepted get called ~5pm and if you don't get called, you will likely receive an alt list email the morning after