2017-2018 University of Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's probably overwhelmingly OOS early on, but I doubt that they wouldn't invite a few IS applicants as well

Members don't see this ad.

Monday II approaches...I am just passing the time by doing my little jiggle right now #supportgroup
<------

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm nervous for tomorrow even though I'm IS and probably wouldn't get an II for another few months :eek:

Reactions: 1 users
They usually pair tweets to interview invites and so far their twitter hasn't mentioned anything :)

I made a twitter just to follow Umich lol. And, sorry for this notification MintChocolateChip :)

Reactions: 2 users
"15 interview invite out to applicants from 12 undergrads, 10 states" - twitter

they mean well but this is becoming some kind of hunger games poop right now

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh. I kind of wish I didn't know when they release invites. There's not even really a reason to be hyped up and yet...

Ugh. I kind of wish I didn't know when they release invites. There's not even really a reason to be hyped up and yet...

I'm nervous when I don't know.
I'm nervous when I do know.

I'm always freaking nervous, I guess.

So I take it no one of those 15 applicants use SDN

My close friend was one of those 15-- super proud of him!! :) He definitely deserves it.

With that being said though, the cycle is long! There are plenty of invites to go around! Wishing you all the best, and try to enjoy this crazy process!

My close friend was one of those 15-- super proud of him!! :) He definitely deserves it.

With that being said though, the cycle is long! There are plenty of invites to go around! Wishing you all the best, and try to enjoy this crazy process!

Do you know when he submitted his secondary? and congratulations to your friend!!! so exciting!

Do you know when he submitted his secondary? and congratulations to your friend!!! so exciting!

Yeee thanks!! Hoping you get some exciting news soon!

If it's helpful for others on this thread, my friend said he submitted on 7/5.
OOS applicant, LizzyM ~80

Do we have to have LoRs in to be considered for II? I have a committee letter system so will probably not be fully complete at any school until later this month.

Do we have to have LoRs in to be considered for II? I have a committee letter system so will probably not be fully complete at any school until later this month.

I actually think that U Mich considers you for an interview, even without LOR's in! That's something I remember reading while stalking previous years' threads.

II earlier today

Reactions: 5 users
7/13 but not all my letters were in until today after I had already received the II
Wow, congrats!! I'm assuming you're OOS then? I submitted the secondary on June 30th but am in-state :shrug:. They probably haven't even looked at mine yet

7/13 but not all my letters were in until today after I had already received the II

Not sure what to think of this. I was complete 7/2 and am OOS :thinking:. Would ya mind sharing your stats? ALSO, congrats on your interview!!

Wow... Interview invite was sitting in my promotions folder until later last night, so I figured I had been passed over. Was not expecting an interview from this school, let alone this early. Still feeling elated and honored. First interview for me! AHHHHHHH!

For reference, I am out of state and submitted in the first couple days of July.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if UMich requires recommendation letters to be uploaded before sending out IIs?

Does anyone know if UMich requires recommendation letters to be uploaded before sending out IIs?
There is no official confirmation of this, however, several sdners have reported interviews before their letters were in. :)

The secondary has been sitting in my email for a few days now because I am completely stumped for the second essay. Anyone mind sharing what they wrote about? Just in general terms, like your background or a hobby.

The secondary has been sitting in my email for a few days now because I am completely stumped for the second essay. Anyone mind sharing what they wrote about? Just in general terms, like your background or a hobby.

You should answer that question with the strongest characteristic in your app, and how you will bring that to their community. I wrote about clinical research I've done with the perspective of a public health practitioner, and how I could bring this sort of interdisciplinary teamwork type mindset to the university and work with its students and faculty as such. For example, for one publication I worked with a couple engineers, so I talked about how I would put an effort to do similar things at Michigan.

Seems like it to me... I think they released 16 the first monday, so around that many every week. I could be wrong, so someone correct me if I am

15 last week, so it must vary

It varies quite a bit depending on where we're at in the cycle. Some weeks will be as low as 1 or 2, others as high as 70. Last year they did things a little differently and waited to send out IIs until late July. The first two Mich Mondays had 50-70 people in them

It varies quite a bit depending on where we're at in the cycle. Some weeks will be as low as 1 or 2, others as high as 70. Last year they did things a little differently and waited to send out IIs until late July. The first two Mich Mondays had 50-70 people in them
good to know, thanks!

Attachments

• Michigan Interviews.PNG
    Michigan Interviews.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Reactions: 19 users
Did they already begin sending out interviews today?