2017-2018 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all who got accepted, can you tell me when you guys got on waitlist and when you were interviewed?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else losing hope on the waitlist? Been on it since December.. and classes starts at UNE in a month and a half. I'd give anything to go here!!! :(

Reactions: 4 users
Just saw that someone was pulled off the waitlist today, per the UNECOM Facebook group.
This is the first I've heard of any movement. :)

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just saw that someone was pulled off the waitlist today, per the UNECOM Facebook group.
Oh wow!!! Fantastic that the movement has begun.. thank you for letting us know!!

Reactions: 1 users

I'm both elated and scared out of my mind, hah.

Reactions: 1 user
Any current students know if UNECOM does a drug test on orientation or beginning of school?

Has anyone already accepted their loans? Is there a deadline?

I am having difficulty assessing how much money I would need.

Has anyone already accepted their loans? Is there a deadline?

I am having difficulty assessing how much money I would need.
Here is what I would suggest, go ahead and take the max amount that you can. Then take some time to determine how much you will realistically need. If you figure that out within a certain time and you have taken too much, you can return the excess and it will be as if you never took that money.

Anyone else hear of any more waitlist movement?

Reactions: 2 users
Just Withdrew. Really hope it goes to one of you guys! Good luck!

Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone else tried to contact the admissions office to see if they could get some information about the WL movement here?? I tried emailing the admissions coordinator and he didnt really give me much info to work with.. just wondering if anyone else was luckier than me.. really wish they would let us know about our ranking or whether they expect movement at all..

One can go M.D. after matriculating at a DO school (we've seen this happen at my school), but not to another DO school.

So
M.D.-> M.D.? NO
DO -> DO? NO
DO -> M.D. yes
M.D.-> DO? Maybe on the planet Zool, but not here on Earth.
Completely random question but for someone going MD from DO do they need to repeat years completed at the DO program or they just transfer?

Members don't see this ad :)
There have been several acceptances over the last couple of days for those on the waitlist.

There have been several acceptances over the last couple of days for those on the waitlist.

There should be at least one more coming! I withdrew my spot from here to take another spot at a school closer to home! Hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 2 users

Do you know this from the fb group??? Hoping theres still some more acceptances coming next week...:)

Do you know this from the fb group??? Hoping theres still some more acceptances coming next week...:)

Yes. There have been at least 4 people that posted about being recently accepted and looking for housing.

just accepted off the waitlist this afternoon

Removing myself from the waitlist so one of you guys have an increased chance good luck!

Welp.. orientation is a week from today... not looking good for us WL folks :(

I'm feeling the same way but hey, there's still about 3 weeks left for some spots to open up :) Though obv a bit stressful, I know of people who have been accepted the week after classes started. Have a re-application ready just in case, and if we end up in that boat they do offer application feedback, which I thought was nice since I'm not sure many schools do that. They also told me that submitting a re-app after the new cycle has already been open for a few months won't negatively effect your chances for interview, so there's that. Fingers crossed, though!

I'm feeling the same way but hey, there's still about 3 weeks left for some spots to open up :) Though obv a bit stressful, I know of people who have been accepted the week after classes started. Have a re-application ready just in case, and if we end up in that boat they do offer application feedback, which I thought was nice since I'm not sure many schools do that. They also told me that submitting a re-app after the new cycle has already been open for a few months won't negatively effect your chances for interview, so there's that. Fingers crossed, though!
Have you tried calling the office to show them you’re still interested?

No but I'm probably bff's with Chris Tripp by now for as many times as I've emailed him with questions lol and since January I have intermittently sent a letter of interest, letter of intent, and update letter (the latter being just last week). I think between all this they get the gist that I really, really want to go here. Have you called?

No but I'm probably bff's with Chris Tripp by now for as many times as I've emailed him with questions lol and since January I have intermittently sent a letter of interest, letter of intent, and update letter (the latter being just last week). I think between all this they get the gist that I really, really want to go here. Have you called?
I sent an update letter and a letter of intent. UGH!!!

At least 2 were accepted today.

Well, it was fun waiting with all of you! Rejected today from waitlist saying class was full. Goodluck everyone on your next endeavors!

Well, it was fun waiting with all of you! Rejected today from waitlist saying class was full. Goodluck everyone on your next endeavors!
What time did you recieve this? I’m still on the waitlist as well and did not recieve anything yet

They accepted two people from waitlist on the second day of orientation.

Can anyone let me know if I would be wasting money applying here for the 18-19 cycle with my stats?
cGPA 3.7
sGPA 3.5
MCAT 499
OOS
URM: AA
Published research
Non-trad
Thousands of volunteer hours
2 DO LORs (1 from former UNECOM student)
I would give it a shot only if they don't have a minimum MCAT cutoff; I think a few DO schools have a 500 cutoff for II. I remember UNECOM liking higher MCAT scores. Other than that I'd say apply as a URM with great grades and an eh MCAT.

Can anyone let me know if I would be wasting money applying here for the 18-19 cycle with my stats?
cGPA 3.7
sGPA 3.5
MCAT 499
OOS
Published research
Non-trad

I had very similar stats to yours (including the same MCAT score) and I got an interview there last year! It's definitely worth applying and it's a great school!

cGPA 3.7
sGPA 3.5
MCAT 499
OOS
Published research
Non-trad

I think you definitely have a shot!
Are you from New England?
Apply regardless

I had very similar stats to yours (including the same MCAT score) and I got an interview there last year! It's definitely worth applying and it's a great school!
I applied to UNECOM last year, really wanted to attend, and didn't get an interview despite top 20 MD interviews. I'm still salty. Not literally of course, cause im not soaking in that biddeford sea spray.

I would give it a shot only if they don't have a minimum MCAT cutoff; I think a few DO schools have a 500 cutoff for II. I remember UNECOM liking higher MCAT scores. Other than that I'd say apply as a URM with great grades and an eh MCAT.
Thanks! Yeah that´s what I was nervous about, their average MCAT is pretty high as far as DO schools go.

Thank you!! Always good to hear from someone in a similar situation.

I didn't get my acceptance until late june last year. Some class members got them the day before class. Have hope!!!

Hello! I’m currently on the waitlist and was wondering if you have any advice? I see that you got accepted pretty late and wanted to know if you did anything to help your chances of getting in? Thank you!