2017-2018 University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
HAHA TIL SDN blocks out cuss words. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Having trouble with the portal though. It shows that every date from now until 2018 is unavailable.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II as well. Seems like they separate interviews for IS applicants and OOS applicants

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Still cannot book a date

Members don't see this ad :)
Having trouble with the portal though. It shows that every date from now until 2018 is unavailable.

when were you complete? It may be that all of those spots are filled. They were filled until about mid-December at this point last year

when were you complete? It may be that all of those spots are filled. They were filled until about mid-December at this point last year
it appears as if UNC was several weeks late this year; today was the first day anyone saw interviews here, and I think someone called and verified no interviews were sent last week

No. They just have no interviews listed.

Hey y'all, I got a call this afternoon to schedule my interview over the phone (since the portal is down). My stats are: GPA- 3.75 MCAT- 507, and I was complete 7/21. I also fit their mission very well.

Last edited:
Hey y'all, I got a call this afternoon to schedule my interview over the phone (since the portal is down). I'm interviewing next Monday (9/11)!!!! My stats are: GPA- 3.75 MCAT- 507, and I was complete 7/21. I also fit their mission very well.

Probably wouldnt announce a specific date but thats me.

Hey y'all, I got a call this afternoon to schedule my interview over the phone (since the portal is down). My stats are: GPA- 3.75 MCAT- 507, and I was complete 7/21. I also fit their mission very well.

they called you on labor day? also, what exactly is there mission specifically? when I read it, it seemed pretty generic..

they called you on labor day? also, what exactly is there mission specifically? when I read it, it seemed pretty generic..

Yes! The call was very pleasant and personable. UNC is big on producing primary care physicians (second best in the country last I checked), and they have a noticeable in state bias when you look at accepted student statistics. I wrote about my ties to the school and to primary care in my essays, and it seems like they took notice based on the phone conversation I had.

Reactions: 1 user
The Interview was wonderful, and very relaxed! Hoping to hear good things!

Reactions: 2 users
were you in state or OOS?

congrats! I wish you all the luck

**** me, I got an email from UNC CHARLOTTE because I took a summer class there. thought it was an interview from here :eek::D:p

That's great! How was the interview structured?

does anyone know if UNC has started handing out rejections yet ?

That's great! How was the interview structured?

Very laid back! Aside from the tour, you will spend most of your day in a conference room with food and drink. Students will be coming in and out all day to chat because of the incredible cookies we get. Trust me, that will make more sense later.

Your interviewers will come get you at the assigned time, and walk you back after the interview is over. Overall, very positive, very informative, and I felt honored to receive an invitation to interview!

does anyone know if UNC has started handing out rejections yet ?
according to their website, the final decisions regarding acceptance, wait list or rejection, are not sent out until april

Hey everyone, I'm a long time lurker on SDN and finally decided to cave and make an account :p

II here last week via email, OOS! So excited to see this beautiful campus :biglove:

Reactions: 2 users
according to their website, the final decisions regarding acceptance, wait list or rejection, are not sent out until april
UNC isn't rolling? Damn

UNC isn't rolling? Damn

I believe they are rolling. Just all decisions will be made by April. From their website:

"Our goal is to give your application thorough consideration, then let you know the outcome as quickly as possible.

After your interview, the Admissions Committee will meet to review and discuss your application. Applications are under continuous review, which allows for admissions to be made throughout the interview season until the class is filled.

All final decision notifications, including acceptance, wait list, and unsuccessful application, will be sent to applicants by early April."

This is kind of misleading- they release decisions as early as October, but they will guarantee a decision to everyone by April. They are rolling and people hear through the year