2017-2018 University of North Dakota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, can anyone explain the wait list? Are there two different wait lists for IS and OOS?

Members don't see this ad.

Also, can anyone explain the wait list? Are there two different wait lists for IS and OOS?
I believe there are 3. 1 for INMED applicants, 1 for WICHE applicants, and 1 for all others.

I believe there are 3. 1 for INMED applicants, 1 for WICHE applicants, and 1 for all others.
Do you know who makes up the 'all others' list? ND residents only? Or UND/MN residents?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know who makes up the 'all others' list? ND residents only? Or UND/MN residents?
It would be everyone who didn't apply as a WICHE or INMED student. So that would include both residents and nonresident of the state.

It would be everyone who didn't apply as a WICHE or INMED student. So that would include both residents and nonresident of the state.
When are we expected to hear from them?

When are we expected to hear from them?
I think a different poster said the decisions last year went out on Tuesday the 24th. So I would expect them soonish

I think a different poster said the decisions last year went out on Tuesday the 24th. So I would expect them soonish
I'm hoping that we will hear today, but during my campus visit/interview day, I was told by a current M1, that we will likely hear Wednesday.

Yeah guessing if we don’t hear by 530 today it’s not gonna happen. Hopefully, tomorrow then but two years ago they didn’t hear till Thursday.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah guessing if we don’t hear by 530 today it’s not gonna happen. Hopefully, tomorrow then but two years ago they didn’t hear till Thursday.
It should be today for sure. Wonder if it is by email or phone

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Reapplicant, IS, interviewed 12/16.

LizzyM 65ish, it’s kind of skewed as I have a M.S degree as well
Thanks for your honesty. My wife applied and I'm just trying to gauge her chances. It is so competitive now it's crazy how many good people don't get accepted and if you made it it makes it so much more meaningful

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted thru INMED! I'm very curious as to who else has been accepted, as well. I'm wishing you all the best of luck!

If we haven't received an email today yet should we give up hope? Anyone know when they announce alternate lists/rejections?

If we haven't received an email today yet should we give up hope? Anyone know when they announce alternate lists/rejections?
Don't give up hope yet. The first people to post today received their e-mails hours before me.

For the INMED seats, we were told decisions were already made on Saturday. It still took until today to hear back. Good luck!

Don't give up hope yet. The first people to post today received their e-mails hours before me.

For the INMED seats, we were told decisions were already made on Saturday. It still took until today to hear back. Good luck!

Congrats on the INMED acceptance!!!!! I was INMED, too. Didn't hear anything today, so I assume I ws rejected or waitlisted.

Has anyone who interviewed around 11/18/17 heard anything yet?

Congrats on the INMED acceptance!!!!! I was INMED, too. Didn't hear anything today, so I assume I ws rejected or waitlisted.
They may just be taking their time, as it looks like they have all of their acceptances to hand out. Good luck!

If we haven't heard, does that mean we are waiting on rejection or waitlist?

If we haven't heard, does that mean we are waiting on rejection or waitlist?
That's what I'm wondering too. Do they send all acceptances out on a certain day and then everyone else who is waitlisted or rejected other days?

That's what I'm wondering too. Do they send all acceptances out on a certain day and then everyone else who is waitlisted or rejected other days?
Any existing medical students of UND that can answer that?

I contacted the school today for where my packet was getting mailed and they said they weren’t mailing them until Friday, so they might not be done sending acceptances. I know last year they sent acceptances, waitlists, and rejections primarily on the same day (1/24/17). So they might not have made a decision on everyone yet or are sending stuff tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I know that some of last year's applicants didn't find out until as late as the 29th.

I still haven't heard anything...should I give up hope? I thought they kind of told everyone at the same time and I interviewed in November.

Did any WICHE people hear yesterday?

I know of two WICHE applicants that received an acceptance so far soo I wouldnt give up hope yet if you are also applying as a WICHE applicant. If you make the waitlist there is still a decent chance of matriculating due to the WWAMI program taking 30 applicants from each state. The waitlist cleared atleast up to 26 last year and could have been more ( my friend was moved off the waitlist from that position), due to many WICHE applicants electing to pursue their respective WWAMI program in state. Its anecdotal but hopefully gives you a little hope.

I know of two WICHE applicants that received an acceptance so far soo I wouldnt give up hope yet if you are also applying as a WICHE applicant. If you make the waitlist there is still a decent chance of matriculating due to the WWAMI program taking 30 applicants from each state. The waitlist cleared atleast up to 26 last year and could have been more ( my friend was moved off the waitlist from that position), due to many WICHE applicants electing to pursue their respective WWAMI program in state. Its anecdotal but hopefully gives you a little hope.

The only two wiche states this applies to is Montana and Wyoming.

Finally heard back today - waitlisted. Unlikely to get in this year but will be sure to try again next year. Good luck to everyone and congratulations to those who will be representing UND in the class of 2022!

I got put on the IS waitlist #6. I was on the waitlist last year and it only moved 5 spots so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone and thanks to everyone who made this process easier by posting on this thread!

Reactions: 2 users
I just heard back as an WICHE applicant. I am #2 on the alternate list for MN/WICHE. I am very hopeful of moving up off the alternate list, especially after the large movement last year, but for the time being I still have to wait. It sounds like they will update the status of the waitlist once a week via email. Goodluck to everyone else and keep hopeful.

Waitlisted for MN/WICHE, but I'm pretty low on the list unless it moves like it did last year. Good luck to everyone that is also waiting and congrats to everyone that has been accepted!

I just heard back as an WICHE applicant. I am #2 on the alternate list for MN/WICHE. I am very hopeful of moving up off the alternate list, especially after the large movement last year, but for the time being I still have to wait. It sounds like they will update the status of the waitlist once a week via email. Goodluck to everyone else and keep hopeful.
As number 2 on the list I’m confident you will gain an acceptance!

Long time lurker, first time poster (aka why I can’t just post a link)! Here is the title of the facebook group: UND School Of Medicine and Health Sciences Class of 2022 !!

Quick update for the WICHE applicants. I was sitting at #2 and just moved off the waitlist. Hopefully it will continue to move.

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrawing my application to attend WWAMI program. Started out at #12 on the WICHE waitlist and was moved up to #7 at this point in time. Good luck to all of the rest of you!

Does anyone have on-campus housing recommendations? I was assigned to Berkeley Apartments unexpectedly early. Anybody know anything about these apartments? I’m concerned about no air conditioning.

I wasn’t planning on finalizing my preferences on my apartment application until after I visited this week.