2017-2018 University of Pikeville - Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Out of curiosity, how many people have been accepted into the incoming class?

Members don't see this ad.

II yesterday for December 2nd!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mind sharing your stats? they only schedule interviews two weeks ahead?
Cgpa 3.5+ Sgpa 3.3+ Mcat over 500, I am not sure how far ahead they schedule. But from what I saw there were dates for this Saturday the 18th and then for the 1st and 2nd of December available.

I have been complete for a while now. Still waiting on an II?
Who, from the admission office, would you suggest me calling to update some information and talk to?

II invite today! Signed up for the December 1 date. To those that already interviewed, did you all fly or drive? It seems that getting flights are hard.

I have been complete for a while now. Still waiting on an II?
Who, from the admission office, would you suggest me calling to update some information and talk to?
I assume you know who to talk to now since you already called but for anyone else, contact Ronnie Collins the director of admissions with any questions. You can email or call him

Interviewing this Saturday. Excited to check out the program and the Coal Building

Members don't see this ad :)
Just declined my interview. Hopefully one of you gets it! :)

"Bringing medicine to the mountains" can anyone confirm that this is their mission/motto? I remember reading it somewhere on their website but now I can't find it at all.

Interviewing this Saturday. Excited to check out the program and the Coal Building
Coal Building's really nice and modern. I was impressed. As for the medicine in the mountains thing, that's right on their crest so yeah, it's their slogan I guess, not really their mission.

So who else interviewed today? What did you think?

Does this school send pre-interview rejections? I submitted my secondary on 9/18 and received a complete email on 10/24.

Does anyone know if the secondary is sent to all applicants or if they screen initial applications and only select a few for secondary?

Does anyone know if the secondary is sent to all applicants or if they screen initial applications and only select a few for secondary?
They do not send secondaries to all applicants. The faculty read everything you submit at each stage

Does this school send pre-interview rejections? I submitted my secondary on 9/18 and received a complete email on 10/24.
You can be rejected at any stage. Receiving a secondary does not guarantee an interview as the faculty read everything you submit and may chose to not offer an interview or a secondary application. If you are concerned because it has been a while since you have heard anything though, give Ronnie Collins (director of admissions) a call or send him an email.

Did anyone receive an email stating that the school received their primary application. I submitted and verified by 10/24. All other schools like VCOM or ACOM sent me an email stating they received my application.

Did you check the portal under communications? That’s where I got the confirmation—no email.

I got an interview but am declining it. Hope whoever gets it does amazing! Best of luck to you guys!

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on 12/1 and was accepted today, excited to be a doctor!!

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure if anyone on this page knows this but do you get both an iPad and laptop when you start or is it just an iPad? I need a new laptop so I wanted to ask before I went out and bought one.

Not sure if anyone on this page knows this but do you get both an iPad and laptop when you start or is it just an iPad? I need a new laptop so I wanted to ask before I went out and bought one.
Both, you get a dell laptop and an ipad

Any recent II invites? I talked to Ronnie last week and he said the committee was meeting soon. Does anyone know about that?

Any recent II invites? I talked to Ronnie last week and he said the committee was meeting soon. Does anyone know about that?

Submitted my secondary 9/18. Complete 10/24. I'm still waiting too! Hoping they send some more out soon. :)

If you are invited for an interview, does it also show on the portal under the communication tab? I haven't been able to receive KYCOM's emails for some reason, so I keep checking the communication tab on the portal..

If you are invited for an interview, does it also show on the portal under the communication tab? I haven't been able to receive KYCOM's emails for some reason, so I keep checking the communication tab on the portal..
Same here, I was not able to receive their email. Email the admission office and got the secondary invite link that send to me one month ago.

Same here, I was not able to receive their email. Email the admission office and got the secondary invite link that send to me one month ago.

Yep exact same thing here. Hopefully they update the portal because I don't wanna email/call Ronnie every time.

Any recent IIs? Hoping they are back from the holidays...