2017-2018 University of South Carolina - Greenville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anybody that interviewed last month heard from them? They told us they would let us know by mid-January either way...

Was just coming here to ask the same thing. Interviewed at the beginning of Dec and nothing but silence so far. Ugh this waiting game is really starting to get to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Was just coming here to ask the same thing. Interviewed at the beginning of Dec and nothing but silence so far. Ugh this waiting game is really starting to get to me.
patience, Knope

Reactions: 3 users
If memory serves, they mentioned earlier this month that they are meeting this week, and we would find out by the end of this month.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call!!! USC GREENVILLE CLASS OF 2022! Interviewed 1/22

Reactions: 4 users
I got the call too (at 11:35 today) but not the email yet. Don't worry! They will email us soon. :)

Did anyone get information regarding their USC VIP ID for financial aid?

Members don't see this ad :)
Idk if this will help anybody now, as I'm kinda late to this SDN but complete 7/10, II 10/9, IA 11/7, Accepted 11/20. Still waiting on scholarships tho. Really great admissions committee. The entire environment of the interview process was really awesome and inviting. The students were really passionate, didn't seemed super stressed about classes, and overall seemed really collaborative. One interviewer did roast me, and I thought I bombed that interview, the other though was really sweet and we connected well.

513/3.8cGPA 4.0sGPA

Anyone happen to know when the admissions committee meets next? I just got the call that I got into Columbia, but Greenville is my top choice. Hopefully I'll hear soon!

From their website:

"Do all applicants receive a supplemental application?

No. The admissions committee reviews all applications prior to requesting applicants to complete a supplemental application. We will notify you within two weeks of receiving your verified AMCAS application with information regarding our supplemental application or your application status."

Does anybody know if this means that they pre-screen certain people out, or maybe that whoever gets a secondary will eventually get an interview?

Thanks

From their website:

"Do all applicants receive a supplemental application?

No. The admissions committee reviews all applications prior to requesting applicants to complete a supplemental application. We will notify you within two weeks of receiving your verified AMCAS application with information regarding our supplemental application or your application status."

Does anybody know if this means that they pre-screen certain people out, or maybe that whoever gets a secondary will eventually get an interview?

Thanks
well I received a secondary back in August and sent it back early September. I just got rejected pre ii last week. It is my understanding however that they screen prior to secondary but not everyone who gets a secondary gets an ii.

Last edited:
well I received a secondary back in August and sent it back early September. I just got rejected pre ii last week. It is my understanding however that they screen prior to secondary but not everyone who gets a secondary gets an ii.

Thank you!

Rejected just now. Can't say I didn't expect this; I have ties to the state and Greenville specifically but only minimal.

Rejected pre-II OOS. LM 68. Sent in one update/interest letter.

Waitlisted today, hoping for some movement!
Same. Emailed Lucy and I'm in the upper third. Hopefully things turn out. Did your waitlist email look really weird? Mine had a lot of equal signs and numbers randomly spread through the text.

Rejected today, but that's okay because I love the school where I will be attending. Best of luck to you all!

Same. Emailed Lucy and I'm in the upper third. Hopefully things turn out. Did your waitlist email look really weird? Mine had a lot of equal signs and numbers randomly spread through the text.
My email looked normal, no equal signs or anything. I’m in the middle third as well, good luck to everyone waiting!

Anyone have a good idea on how the wait list moves at Greenville, and does being IS vs OOS matter for better or worse?

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

I know their match rate this year (2018) was 100% and I'm pretty sure their STEP first-time pass rate is up there too. Any more people waitlisted? I was as well (middle third). Has anybody that interviewed not heard anything yet?

I know their match rate this year (2018) was 100% and I'm pretty sure their STEP first-time pass rate is up there too. Any more people waitlisted? I was as well (middle third). Has anybody that interviewed not heard anything yet?

I'm waitlisted IS bottom third. I'm from Greenville and would've absolutely loved to go here but it looks unlikely now..

I'm waitlisted IS bottom third. I'm from Greenville and would've absolutely loved to go here but it looks unlikely now..

Same. From Greenville and in the bottom third. This is my third year applying too. Very disappointing.

Same. From Greenville and in the bottom third. This is my third year applying too. Very disappointing.

I'm sorry to hear that. Best thing to do now is to stay patient, be hopeful and prepare for the worst

Has anyone on the wait list heard anything yet? Surely there will be some movement before April 30th.

Has anyone on the wait list heard anything yet? Surely there will be some movement before April 30th.
Honestly, with the direction it looks like Greenville is headed in terms of academics and new facilities, I will be surprised if there will be much movement at all. Their Facebook group for the class of 2022 (take this with a grain of salt) already has almost 70 members.

Honestly, with the direction it looks like Greenville is headed in terms of academics and new facilities, I will be surprised if there will be much movement at all. Their Facebook group for the class of 2022 (take this with a grain of salt) already has almost 70 members.

Some of these people are waiting to get off the waitlist at another school though..like me. So spots may open up. Keep faith guys

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone get a LOWER unsubsidized loan then what we were told (which was supposed to be 42,722)?
One thing I dislike about USC-G is that their financial aid office runs everything through Columbia. It can leave room for errors..

I haven't received anything official through my.sc.edu yet, but my last unofficial document (for housing) issued by USCSOMG had $42,722 on it as the unsubsidized amount.

So if we've been waitlisted is it safe to assume we if we haven't heard back by this point it's not gonna happen?

So if we've been waitlisted is it safe to assume we if we haven't heard back by this point it's not gonna happen?
Not at all. April 30th is a big day for picking a school without having to forfeit your deposits.There tends to be movement even into July, although every day becomes less likely. That being said, I'm in the top third of the IS waiting list, and I haven't heard anything, so it looks like there is not much movement this year.

Is there for sure a separate IS and OOS waitlist? And does getting pulled off the waitlist depend of if the person who decline was IS or

I just withdrew.(IS) Good luck to anyone on the waiting list.

Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile