2017-2018 University of South Carolina - Greenville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS, upper third. Have not heard anything yet.
Same here. Anyone have any idea if they started pulling people off yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard of any movement either. However, a lot of my friends at MUSC have gotten in off the waitlist. I think it is possible for us to see movement in the next few days as people get off the waitlist there might withdraw from USCSOMG.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm withdrawing in favor of MUSC. Hopefully one of you deserving folks gets my spot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a chance they haven't begun moving people off the waitlist?

I wasn't sure if they waited a day or two beforehand.
Maybe so. I am honestly not sure what the turnover is. I would imagine that they are trying to be as quick as possible in notifying people so the class is always full. All I know is that I can’t stop checking my email every 10 minutes .

Reactions: 1 users
I’m surprised there hasn’t been any reported movement on this thread yet.

There were a bunch of people at Spring Preview back in March that were still holding multiple acceptances. Every one of them I talked to was leaning towards USCSOMG.

Members don't see this ad :)
the USC greenville facebook group has 107 members
so pretty much the class is almost full
i'm not sure how many greenville take in

Do you think they’ll start sending or rejections soon then? Once it’s clear they won’t get through most of the WL?

Some of the people in the Facebook group are current M1 students, so I’m not entirely sure how accurate it is.

Some of the people in the Facebook group are current M1 students, so I’m not entirely sure how accurate it is.

I'd estimate that the number of current students in the Facebook group is roughly equal to the number of accepted students who plan on attending but haven't joined the group yet. And judging by how quiet this thread has been, I think they're pretty much done

I'd estimate that the number of current students in the Facebook group is roughly equal to the number of accepted students who plan on attending but haven't joined the group yet. And judging by how quiet this thread has been, I think they're pretty much done
There were people last year getting pulled off the waitlist in the final week of May and the first week of June, and last year's thread seemed pretty quiet too. We just have to wait and see how it plays out. They're not done until they send out rejection emails!

Reactions: 2 users
Weren't you in the upper third of the instate WL? It's crazy there was that little movement.
Yeah. I was upper third, IS. The rejection email said they had an unusually competitive class and even less movement than they anticipated.

Did anyone else not get an email?

I did not get an email.

I imagine this is a good sign. There are probably still a handful of people currently accepted that hold 1+ acceptance. If they decide to go elsewhere, then you could slide into their spot. They might be waiting on scholarships. Greenville is already done with their scholarships but some schools really drag their feet.

Yeah. I was upper third, IS. The rejection email said they had an unusually competitive class and even less movement than they anticipated.

Yep mine said the same. Do ya'll think future Greenville's waitlist movements will be like this from here on out–barely getting through the top-third, if at all? I mean it's incredible what they really got goin' here. They certainly have upward momentum after this past year's match list

I also have yet to receive the email, but was informed today that movement was “unlikely but not impossible” for those that remain.
Did you hear that from admissions? I never get a definitive answer when I ask them anything.

Also, I'm upper third IS

Then I'd imagine that this is good news that ya'll still haven't received an email yet! Maybe the adcom agreed on a cut-off point somewhere in the upper third and ya'll made the cut. Good luck to you all! I'm rooting for all of you!

Reactions: 2 users
Officially rejected. Good luck to everyone else that is reapplying!

Last edited:
Just withdrew for MUSC (got taken off the waitlist). Someone will more then likely be getting a call tomorrow from admissions if they decide someone can handle having missed orientation and 2 day of EMT class. I do hope one of you are called if you guys still are interested in this school.

Am I reading this correctly, you sat through 2 days of orientation and 2 days of class then withdrew?

2018-2019 applicant here! Does USC Greenville review applications without the letters of recommendation? I submitted my secondary a couple days ago, and received an email yesterday saying my application was complete. However, my letters have not been submitted yet. I haven't heard of any school that does this yet, so I am curious if that by "complete" they mean just AMCAS and secondary.