2017-2018 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a seat deposit here?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've just sent my withdrawal email. This one was really hard. I really, really loved Morsani so I hope someone especially deserving (read: most people in this thread) gets my seat and milks the everliving daylights out of the opportunity!!!

Good luck y'all. You've been great!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
I've just sent my withdrawal email. This one was really hard. I really, really loved Morsani so I hope someone especially deserving (read: most people in this thread) get my seat and milk the everliving daylights out of the opportunity!!!

Good luck y'all. You've been great!

Thank you! I wish you all the best. Where will you be going?

Gave up my seat as well, hope it goes to one of you wonderful humans!

Any idea how much waitlist movement there usually is here? It sucks that there really isn’t anything helpful in the msar data

Reactions: 1 user
Any idea how much waitlist movement there usually is here? It sucks that there really isn’t anything helpful in the msar data
looks like a good amount based on last years thread and how they do acceptances after January

Reactions: 2 users

I'm just very curious in the differences between select and core in terms of WL movement since I assume they're two different WL. Idk how many people they even interview for each, I always assumed it was was the same ratio as the class itself (like 1/3 select, 2/3 core). Maybe with the non-IS tuition at all for anyone and the 2yrs each in Tampa/Allentown select may move more if its "less desirable" but thats just a huge guess.

Also, it seems like most of the early II were very high MCAT and those peeps probably get into other really good schools and may end up going elsewhere instead so hopefully there are a lot of people who get off!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm just very curious in the differences between select and core in terms of WL movement since I assume they're two different WL. Idk how many people they even interview for each, I always assumed it was was the same ratio as the class itself (like 1/3 select, 2/3 core). Maybe with the non-IS tuition at all for anyone and the 2yrs each in Tampa/Allentown select may move more if its "less desirable" but thats just a huge guess.

Also, it seems like most of the early II were very high MCAT and those peeps probably get into other really good schools and may end up going elsewhere instead so hopefully there are a lot of people who get off!

I was thinking the same.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone has any information of waitlist movement at the school, I would also appreciate it.

Is it typical for waitlisted applicants to periodically call admissions for information on their status? Or is this not recommended/annoying to the committee?

Is it typical for waitlisted applicants to periodically call admissions for information on their status? Or is this not recommended/annoying to the committee?
Some schools are more receptive to it than others, but this school kind of made it clear that they won’t give you any information and not to contact them

anyone else hard core struggling to find a good apartment lease?

Just a random thing I found but if any of you did send an application update at some point you can see if it was added or not on the portal under the "residency form" page

what is considered a high mcat score for this school?

I think the average MCAT for my class (class of 2021) was 514. USF is really into high MCAT scores right now, so it'd have to be a pretty great score to be considered high for the school.

I think the average MCAT for my class (class of 2021) was 514. USF is really into high MCAT scores right now, so it'd have to be a pretty great score to be considered high for the school.

Isn't the msar mcat technically class of 2020 then since it's behind or something? I think that ones 515 for matriculants

How are we supposed to confirm our seat? Want to make sure USF knows I’m coming to Tampa

How are we supposed to confirm our seat? Want to make sure USF knows I’m coming to Tampa
Just accept the thing on the portal (and you should have received some paperwork to send back to them that says the same thing)

Broooo just got a missed call from Brandon FL, called back and Dr. Daniel goes hi im calling from USF. My face almost fell off. Accepted AF!

Reactions: 11 users
Just got the acceptance call off the CORE Waitlist!!

Reactions: 9 users
I JUST GOT THE ACCEPTANCE CALL OFF OF CORE WAITLIST!!!!!!! THIS WAS MY FIRST CHOICE I AM SO F*ING HAPPY!!!!!

Broooo just got a missed call from Brandon FL, called back and Dr. Daniel goes hi im calling from USF. My face almost fell off. Accepted AF!
So now I'm super paranoid - when I got the call they said that it'll take a while for me to get the admissions package in the mail, but that I am definitely accepted and should withdraw from the other med school that I'm currently holding a spot at - is this what they told you too?

Congrats y'all! Can those who were called today post when they interviewed/waitlisted?

Congrats core peeps! now pls move select waitlist haha

So now I'm super paranoid - when I got the call they said that it'll take a while for me to get the admissions package in the mail, but that I am definitely accepted and should withdraw from the other med school that I'm currently holding a spot at - is this what they told you too?
ALSO GOT INTO USF AND IM EXPLODING WITH JOY (CORE) . I was also told that the call was official and we can withdraw from our other school just send Dr. Daniel an email stating you will be matriculating here. I will be withdrawing from my other school today!

GO BULLS

No he didn’t tell me to withdrawl I think I distracted him too much when I was freaking out and trying to pick my face up off the ground. They’ll probably tell me to drop my other acceptances tomorrow in the formal letter of acceptance lol

ALSO GOT INTO USF AND IM EXPLODING WITH JOY (CORE) . I was also told that the call was official and we can withdraw from our other school just send Dr. Daniel an email stating you will be matriculating here. I will be withdrawing from my other school today!

GO BULLS

Congratulations!! Did you send any updates? They don't accept updates, right?

I called to see if I could send in a letter of intent, and they said they would take it. I sent a letter of intent about a week after I found out I was waitlisted.

Hey I think they do accept letters of intent! I asked if they did shortly after I was waitlisted and was told I could send one. If USF if your #1 choice, I would send one!

No he didn’t tell me to withdrawl I think I distracted him too much when I was freaking out and trying to pick my face up off the ground. They’ll probably tell me to drop my other acceptances tomorrow in the formal letter of acceptance lol
Haha yeah he said we could wait if we wanted to but I'm about to withdraw from my other school right now so I don't lose my deposit. Do you know if we receive an email the next day?

I most definitely want to go here but I assume in my case a LOI is useless if I only have a few WLs and no acceptances since they can see I'm not accepted anywhere hahaha darn

I most definitely want to go here but I assume in my case a LOI is useless if I only have a few WLs and no acceptances since they can see I'm not accepted anywhere hahaha darn
I had no MD acceptances when I sent mine!

Same lol. I wonder if sending a letter of interest would have any impact at this point. I know a letter of intent sure as hell won’t with my lack of acceptances.

Same lol. I wonder if sending a letter of interest would have any impact at this point. I know a letter of intent sure as hell won’t with my lack of acceptances.

Feels bad, man

Isn't the msar mcat technically class of 2020 then since it's behind or something? I think that ones 515 for matriculants

Could be, I'm not sure. They told us that our classes MCAT was higher than previous years, but who knows.