2017-2018 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we need to do anything to formally accept an acceptance offer from USF?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone that received an acceptance call on 4/30 gotten an e-mail or anything regarding their acceptance yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they tell you to email Dr. Daniel? And have you gotten a response back from USF at all after that email?
I emailed the admissions yesterday and Michelle Garcia just emailed me saying they're working on getting me in the system by early next week

Did they tell you to email Dr. Daniel? And have you gotten a response back from USF at all after that email?
I just got an email from Michelle Garcia as well. I got the call from Ms. Pizano, so I called her back directly and she told me to e-mail her directly.

Do we have any idea how large the waitlist is?

Reactions: 1 user
Who do we send the letter of intent to? Dr. Daniel? Or the admissions committee?

Do we have any idea how large the waitlist is?

I have no idea but also it doesn't seem like they reject anyone for some reason so it may seem larger than the actual list of "qualified" people

I got off the SELECT waitlist on Monday - 4/30.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off waitlist about an hour and a half ago for CORE! Interviewed 04/03, waitlisted a couple weeks after and sent my LOI this evening. So ecstatic!!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off waitlist about an hour and a half ago for CORE! Interviewed 04/03, waitlisted a couple weeks after and sent my LOI this evening. So ecstatic!!!!!!!
Congrats! You’re literally living my dream right now lol
They called you? It seems so late for a call

Congrats! You’re literally living my dream right now lol
They called you? It seems so late for a call

Thank you!! And It was actually pretty late! It was 8:30 for me so I was not expecting it at all but the second I saw a Brandon number I picked it up so fast.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all, incoming SELECT 25F looking for a roommate/a room to fill near the main campus. PM me! I want to get settled so I don't rush around trying to get that stuff done when July comes :)

Is anyone considering doing the Medical Science Skills Development Program? Can any second or third year students comment on if it has helped you your first year? I haven't been out of school that long, but it might be a good idea!

Any noise from financial aid yet?

I think a lot of the previously admitted people, myself included, already see some federal loans available to us. A few people have also gotten scholarships. There should be some institutional aid going out soon as they figure out who's in their final class.

Still pretty quiet for us SELECT people?
This can either be great news or terrible news for us. Honestly I just started a new job in case I don't get in. I would feel like a jerk I got the call but I'm certainly not withdrawling my name.

This can either be great news or terrible news for us. Honestly I just started a new job in case I don't get in. I would feel like a jerk I got the call but I'm certainly not withdrawling my name.

I think they just haven't done much yet. Someone posted that WL tracker and although it's very small sample size, everyone was from 4/30 or a day or two after (only 4 people total).If they actually do WL everyone after December like we think, they would have to have insanely high yield to not accept people of the WL. Also, they have a 57% post-II acceptance rate which is quite high (like 325/570) meaning they'd have to accept almost everyone fall/early winter interviews to not have to accept anyone later on! I'm not sure about the core versus select waitlist tho this is just my guess

ALSO- if the WL is actually unranked wouldn't they have to meet and decide on peeps? A ranked WL I assume is much quicker at notifying since you literally have to go down the list by AMCAS rules

Reactions: 1 users
I think they just haven't done much yet. Someone posted that WL tracker and although it's very small sample size, everyone was from 4/30 or a day or two after (only 4 people total).If they actually do WL everyone after December like we think, they would have to have insanely high yield to not accept people of the WL. Also, they have a 57% post-II acceptance rate which is quite high (like 325/570) meaning they'd have to accept almost everyone fall/early winter interviews to not have to accept anyone later on! I'm not sure about the core versus select waitlist tho this is just my guess

ALSO- if the WL is actually unranked wouldn't they have to meet and decide on peeps? A ranked WL I assume is much quicker at notifying since you literally have to go down the list by AMCAS rules
Is this only for select?

Is this only for select?

The acceptance % is for both core and select combined so Morsani as a whole, it's just that US News number from some spreadsheet floating around. I'm not really sure of the differences between the two in terms of WL, # of interviews, acceptance rate etc. its just all guesses to keep me sane!

I don’t think it’s a ranked waitlist. I noticed that most of the people that were accepted off of the waitlist recently were URM, so they probably customize the class from the waitlist the way they see fit. I emailed admissions about waitlist movement and they wouldn’t give me any specific info other than that the waitlist will move up until the first day of class. I’m hoping we all hear some news soon, whether it’s for CORE or SELECT.

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t think it’s a ranked waitlist. I noticed that most of the people that were accepted off of the waitlist recently were URM, so they probably customize the class from the waitlist the way they see fit. I emailed admissions about waitlist movement and they wouldn’t give me any specific info other than that the waitlist will move up until the first day of class. I’m hoping we all hear some news soon, whether it’s for CORE or SELECT.

When Dr. Daniel called me he said thar I was “at the top of the waitlist” which makes me think that it’s ranked. I could be wrong though.

It was a tough decision, but I just withdrew my application. Hope this spot goes to one of you guys! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted core!!! LizzyM 68 (509 MCAT 3.65 cGPA, interviewed in February)

Reactions: 10 users
How long did it take people accepted off the waitlist to receive an email/regular mail

I'm panicking guys. I really really want to get off the waitlist, but is it too late now? LizzyM 69 (511 MCAT, 3.80 GPA), non-URM. Waitlisted 3/1. So much freaking out.

I'm panicking guys. I really really want to get off the waitlist, but is it too late now? LizzyM 69 (511 MCAT, 3.80 GPA), non-URM. Waitlisted 3/1. So much freaking out.

Waitlist movement continues into June from what I've seen in past threads. You just gotta wait and "trust the process" . . .

I haven't heard anything from USF in a while... previously accepted students, have you all heard anything from USF in the last month or so, or have they been quiet?

Just got a call about a scholarship! Not sure what the reason for it was yet, but Im definitely not complaining

Reactions: 2 users