2017-2018 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it way too late to throw in my secondary app today?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it way too late to throw in my secondary app today?

Its incredibly late to submit secondary at just about every school. Realistically your app wouldn't be seen until December. By November most places have already given out most of their interview spots.

3.7/518 but I also did a MS in medical sciences at USF (3.9) which probably played a factor as well
Congrats! You sound like you have a really high chance of being admitted with the combination of those stats and being a previous student!

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like they're giving out II somewhat based on complete date but also seems like theyre starting from 520+ mcat and slowly down? Has anyone got an II with like 515-518? (I saw 518 post above but I have only seen high 520s before)

Reactions: 1 user
It seems like they're giving out II somewhat based on complete date but also seems like theyre starting from 520+ mcat and slowly down? Has anyone got an II with like 515-518? (I saw 518 post above but I have only seen high 520s before)

Yeah, I got an II at the end of August with MCAT 515, and my complete date was August 11. I wasn't EDP, either.

If I didn't initially choose to be considered for SELECT, is that final? I kind of change my mind now...

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I had a 518 and got it end of aug too. Been waiting forever for tomorrow

Do I even have a chance at an II here? 509/3.94 IS, published research, great involvement/service. My secondary was complete (roughly) 8/19.

Do I even have a chance at an II here? 509/3.94 IS, published research, great involvement/service. My secondary was complete (roughly) 8/19.

It’s impossible to say since the MSAR data from two years ago only includes about 1/3 of all the MCAT scores of applicants (since only approximately 1/3 of applicants had taken the new MCAT). One of my interviewers REALLY liked publications, so I think that will help you a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

As much of a chance as anyone else imo. Process is random as ****.

How are we holding up, people waiting for tomorrow? I'm an emotional wreck. Last year I think they didn't get calls til the end of the day/ night.

How are we holding up, people waiting for tomorrow? I'm an emotional wreck. Last year I think they didn't get calls til the end of the day/ night.

I'm sooooo nervous. This is my top choice by a long shot. I just want news, no matter what it may be, so I can go back to sleeping normally again lol.

Members don't see this ad :)

I talked with one student who didn't get a call for a day or two AFTER, so it's even worse than waiting for the MCAT in that regard.

I talked with one student who didn't get a call for a day or two AFTER, so it's even worse than waiting for the MCAT in that regard.
I noticed in last year's thread they got calls like M-W.

I noticed in last year's thread they got calls like M-W.

That sounds like her experience! I guess we shouldn't get too down in the dumps if we don't get phone calls tomorrow.

Good luck guys!!!! Rooting for all of you

It’s impossible to say since the MSAR data from two years ago only includes about 1/3 of all the MCAT scores of applicants (since only approximately 1/3 of applicants had taken the new MCAT). One of my interviewers REALLY liked publications, so I think that will help you a lot!

Thanks so much! I didn't realize that their MCAT data on the MSAR only included 1/3 of people- I've been stressing about being below their 10th percentile, but I didn't realize there's a big chunck of data missing.

Best of luck to everyone who already interviewed today!! Hope you hear something soon

I got the call about 20 minutes ago!! I’m in!

Reactions: 13 users
I just got the call! Wow the derealization is real. I'm still going over what she said on the phone in my head to confirm that I've been accepted. Omg. Apparently my interviewers liked me a lot more than I thought!!! I'm so excited to be a bull again!! :)

Reactions: 10 users
I just got the call! Wow the derealization is real. I'm still going over what she said on the phone in my head to confirm that I've been accepted. Omg. Apparently my interviewers liked me a lot more than I thought!!! I'm so excited to be a bull again!! :)
Isn’t it surreal? I’m so convinced I’m dreaming.

Just accepted now!!!! Interviewed 10/3

Reactions: 3 users
congrats!! Core or select???
I have a feeling that we’re going to hear back like tomorrow. On last year’s thread, the first SELECT acceptance I could find was on day 2. Obviously this isn’t a certain thing. I’m just trying to hold back the neuroticism at this point.

I have a feeling that we’re going to hear back like tomorrow. On last year’s thread, the first SELECT acceptance I could find was on day 2. Obviously this isn’t a certain thing. I’m just trying to hold back the neuroticism at this point.
Yeah that's what I'm trying to gauge as well, noticed that last year too DxD. It's so hard though I can't do my work bc just too busy freaking out. Here's to hearing tomorrow at least lol

what do u even say on the phone lol. also any portal change?
Honestly I just said thank you like 300000 times haha. I was shaking so i couldn’t get much out.

Haven’t checked portal but I’ll let you know when I get back home.

what do u even say on the phone lol. also any portal change?

Lol I said "thank you!!!" and then breathed super hard into my phone because it was all hitting me. I hope she didn't hear that. And no portal change yet.

I was also CORE.

Lol I said "thank you!!!" and then breathed super hard into my phone because it was all hitting me. I hope she didn't hear that. And no portal change yet.

I was also CORE.
Wait who called you? I had Dr. Daniels but I thought he made all the calls.

I'd be worried it was a prank call, but the information she gave me was too elaborate and she mentioned my interviewers by name. Lol it's still not going to feel real until I get the email/packet she mentioned.

I'd be worried it was a prank call, but the information she gave me was too elaborate and she mentioned my interviewers by name. Lol it's still not going to feel real until I get the email/packet she mentioned.
Same here lol
Honestly I can barely remember half of what he said because I was freaking out

Accepted for SELECT!!!!!! Crazy day - was attending one interviewing, after which I checked my email and received news that I was waitlisted at another school, so that was a bummer. But soooo happy I got the call from USF!

Reactions: 8 users
Got accepted. Interviewed 9/19, 520, 3.99 IS. Phone call. Portal looks the same

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed mid September. If I didn't receive the acceptance call today, am I screwed?
*Neuroticism Intensifies...

I interviewed mid September. If I didn't receive the acceptance call today, am I screwed?
I can’t imagine that being the case. We haven’t seen a lot of posting here today (not that every acceptee will post here)Plus these people don’t necessarily sit in a room and say “I’m gonna call everyone from this interview day who we’ll accept”. If it’s anything like me calling kids applying to my store, they’ll call whenever they get the chance in some arbitrary order. I think it’s safe to NOT read into it. Good luck!

I thought for sure I was rejected, but received the call after 5 PM today that I was accepted. I guess it could be a few days!

Reactions: 8 users
I think we interviewed the same day! looks like we might be classmates now too :)
I thought for sure I was rejected, but received the call after 5 PM today that I was accepted. I guess it could be a few days!