2017-2018 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, they might be going in order of stats since my GPA is pretty low, especially compared to my MCAT - maybe those with a higher score/better stats/etc. got the call first? Or it could be some random order we'll never know...

Hi everyone! I was accepted here a while back. Congrats to everyone thats been accepted, and for those of you still waiting I'm sure your time is coming!

Someone asked a few pages back about the "last viewed" status, It seems like they are not utilizing that functionality this year because at no point throughout the process did I see any last viewed text, so don't worry if your portal is still blank!

Can't wait to meet you guys next year though, does anyone know if we should get a Facebook page going or should we wait and see if someone else handles that?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I was accepted here a while back (EDP). Congrats to everyone thats been accepted, and for those of you still waiting I'm sure your time is coming!

Someone asked a few pages back about the "last viewed" status, It seems like they are not utilizing that functionality this year because at no point throughout the process did I see any last viewed text, so don't worry if your portal is still blank!

Can't wait to meet you guys next year though, does anyone know if we should get a Facebook page going or should we wait and see if someone else handles that?
I would definitely join a FB page but I’m not one to manage it lol

Also, they might be going in order of stats since my GPA is pretty low, especially compared to my MCAT - maybe those with a higher score/better stats/etc. got the call first? Or it could be some random order we'll never know...
I think it’s random; my GPA is below average for most med schools but I was one of the first calls.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it’s random; my GPA is below average for most med schools but I was one of the first calls.

Could definitely be random! Or alphabetical. But if it's alphabetical, they have a WHILE to go...

Just accepted. Interviewed 10/10 :nailbiting:

Reactions: 2 users
congrats!!!! !!! !! wow quick turnaround for that one.

i heard some other people from other schools called the school to ask. would that be something to consider? i interviewed 9/11 lol and

CONGRATULATIONS YOU!!! How was your interview experience?? I've got one coming up & any tips are appreciated!!! :p

It was so great I did it twice, hehe. I applied late last time so got one of the later interviews in Spring. Like everyone else has said it's very conversational. They have your file in front of them/have already read it so instead of asking you to explain what you've done from the ground up they may just ask for you to expand on your experiences/how they affected you/what you learned. Everyone involved with the interview day is very nice.

i heard some other people from other schools called the school to ask. would that be something to consider? i interviewed 9/11 lol and

No, don't call. They don't release any of the information you'd want over the phone/don't want letters/e-mails of interest. You just gotta wait unfortunately

I get the feeling they would use your phone call against you, so I'd avoid it. I'm cheering for you! I hope you get some good news!

Members don't see this ad :)
darn. yeah people were doing that for a diff school i was looking at so i was wondering. thanks for the advice! good luck to y'alls too and congrats gruka <3

CONGRATULATIONS YOU!!! How was your interview experience?? I've got one coming up & any tips are appreciated!!! :p

I totally agree with Gruka. Additionally: attend the meet and greet dinner if you can, and spend a little time looking up their plan for downtown facilities (great fodder for “do you have any questions?”). Also just a heads up, you visit the anatomy lab on the tour and I low key was not expecting that, and it made me a little nervous lol. Feel free to PM me if you have more specific questions!

I totally agree with Gruka. Additionally: attend the meet and greet dinner if you can, and spend a little time looking up their plan for downtown facilities (great fodder for “do you have any questions?”). Also just a heads up, you visit the anatomy lab on the tour and I low key was not expecting that, and it made me a little nervous lol. Feel free to PM me if you have more specific questions!

I wasn’t expecting to see the cadaver lab either! They didn’t let us into the room until it was ready though, so if anyone is worried about that you won’t see anything that might make you squeamish

Wait has anyone who interviewed in Allentown been accepted? Just trying to gauge my chances

Hey Everyone!
I just got accepted today and interviewed on 10/10. For those of you who don't have picture perfect metrics don't lose hope! I definitely did not but I still got in.

Hey Everyone!
I just got accepted today and interviewed on 10/10. For those of you who don't have picture perfect metrics don't lose hope! I definitely did not but I still got in.
Do you mind sharing your stats?

My undergrad was around a 3.0 so super low, but I did a Masters with a 3.9 and my MCAT was 515. Hope that helps!
I was the guy sitting next to you that did the masters too! Glad you got in!! :soexcited:

Hi everyone! I was accepted here a while back (EDP). Congrats to everyone thats been accepted, and for those of you still waiting I'm sure your time is coming!

Congrats! I was ED as well. If you're also a Clarkson fan I have a feeling we'll get along well. j
As for the Facebook group I would definitely join one if it existed.

For anyone who’s gotten their acceptance packet:

1. Are the only things we have to immediately submit the acceptance acknowledgement and technical standards?
2. If I’ve already sent my transcripts (with degree) to AMCAS, do I need to send them again?

Congrats! I was ED as well. If you're also a Clarkson fan I have a feeling we'll get along well. j
As for the Facebook group I would definitely join one if it existed.

Clarkson Hammond and may are LIFE :) did you interview 9/5? We might have been in the same group, but I’m not sure if I actually met any other EDP people.

For anyone who’s gotten their acceptance packet:

1. Are the only things we have to immediately submit the acceptance acknowledgement and technical standards?
2. If I’ve already sent my transcripts (with degree) to AMCAS, do I need to send them again?

Yeah those are the only forms I’ve gotten, and the way the letter was worded I think we should just go ahead and send new official transcripts.

Speaking of, have you or anyone else gotten any emails/seen any portal changes? I’ve heard nothing aside from the packet I got.

Accepted for Select interviewed in Sept:):):)

Reactions: 4 users
Clarkson Hammond and may are LIFE :) did you interview 9/5? We might have been in the same group, but I’m not sure if I actually met any other EDP people.

Yeah those are the only forms I’ve gotten, and the way the letter was worded I think we should just go ahead and send new official transcripts.

Speaking of, have you or anyone else gotten any emails/seen any portal changes? I’ve heard nothing aside from the packet I got.
I might email someone to double check, because I had to send three and rather not do it again lol.

But no emails or portal changes for me

Accepted to Select as Well. I think that is the best call I've ever gotten in my life. Super exited to be a Bull!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Got an II today! Complete mid August

Reactions: 4 users

The Hamster is probably my favorite. And yes I did interview on 9/5. I met a few other ED people, so it's possible I met you.

Waitlisted for Select. Interviewed 9/11 in Allentown. Got the letter via snail mail. Does anyone know how much movement there is for Select’s waitlist?

Wish I had better news

do they only send II on fridays? It seems like it from previous posts

do they only send II on fridays? It seems like it from previous posts

I received one on a different day of the week - a Monday or Wednesday (got it during class). But that was for CORE. It’s possible that the IIs for select are a different day. Also, it’s possible that some people don’t get on SDN or post about it until Fridays. Many schools send IIs in batches and on specific days, so it’s entirely possible.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Waitlisted for Select. Interviewed 9/11 in Allentown. Got the letter via snail mail. Does anyone know how much movement there is for Select’s waitlist?

Wish I had better news
Oh wow. Hey, better than a rejection. At least they're not keeping you hanging.

Waitlisted for Select :/
Did u get it by snail mail too?

And hey, honestly that's definitely second best to an acceptance yaknow. It's still early so still possible a lot of people drop esp since it's mostly high stats people rn who would prolly go elsewhere unless they like really liked this school. Congrats tho!

I graduated from it when you started. The interviewers didn't really mention it at all but I'm sure that it definitely helps your chances

Got my packet in the mail today! Yay. They had a cover letter that arrived in the packet but outside of the USF Health folder, and I almost threw it away because I didn't see that at first. If any of you are as absent minded as I am, beware of that piece of paper :p But yes, I think all that we need to send right now is the two signed forms and our transcripts. The BG check is through AMCAS, and I think they're supposed to reach out to us to complete that.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else get the acceptance call but haven't received the packet in the mail yet? I'm beginning to get paranoid and starting to think that the call was a elaborate ruse...

Anyone else get the acceptance call but haven't received the packet in the mail yet? I'm beginning to get paranoid and starting to think that the call was a elaborate ruse...

Took a little over 2 weeks to get my packet. Still no emails or portal changes.

I haven’t received my packet yet, and I’m on campus every day. I should have just told them to hold it for me at the front desk.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I graduated from it when you started. The interviewers didn't really mention it at all but I'm sure that it definitely helps your chances
If you were 2016 then we were in the same class