2017-2018 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Declined my interview invite here. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Eyyyyyyy I'm in the MSP3 program right now! Super helpful.
Nice. My undergrad GPA was okaay but I think the master's really helped my overall application. Did you apply this cycle for med school?

Hello I got acceptance call today!!!$
I had literally just given up this past weekend and woke up this morning! Call from Tampa number, was a nice lady who told me my interviewers decided I'd be good for the Select program!
I am still in disbelief and think I might be dreaming
Thank you for all of you who've been dealing with my neuroticism this entire season! Lol.
I interviewed 9/11 in Allentown, so those of you that haven't heard yet keep your head up bc I was like first day of interviews but people from like 10/10 deff got calls before me xD
Stats - 518 mcat, 3.38 gpa. C's in tons of prerequisites, had to retake calc 1, but got my act together for a strong upward trend and obvs the mcat. Very decent ec's with lots of leadership stuff. Talked about marching band my entire interview xD

Reactions: 8 users
Hello I got acceptance call today!!!$
I had literally just given up this past weekend and woke up this morning! Call from Tampa number, was a nice lady who told me my interviewers decided I'd be good for the Select program!
I am still in disbelief and think I might be dreaming
Thank you for all of you who've been dealing with my neuroticism this entire season! Lol.
I interviewed 9/11 in Allentown, so those of you that haven't heard yet keep your head up bc I was like first day of interviews but people from like 10/10 deff got calls before me xD
Stats - 518 mcat, 3.38 gpa. C's in tons of prerequisites, had to retake calc 1, but got my act together for a strong upward trend and obvs the mcat. Very decent ec's with lots of leadership stuff. Talked about marching band my entire interview xD

This is awesome - congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone, I received a call from Dr. Daniel that I was accepted on Monday the 16th, but I haven't received my letter packet, haven't gotten an email and nothing has changed in my portal. Is this normal? They also haven't responded to a voicemail I left their office today, but I'm less concerned about that.

Hey everyone, I received a call from Dr. Daniel that I was accepted on Monday the 16th, but I haven't received my letter packet, haven't gotten an email and nothing has changed in my portal. Is this normal? They also haven't responded to a voicemail I left their office today, but I'm less concerned about that.

The packet will take a long time to get to you. So far I’ve had no emails or portal changes, and I don’t think anyone else has either.

Members don't see this ad :)
Could someone share what the Allentown interview day looks like? They haven't sent me any information yet regarding what time the day starts/ends or even the location. They called me 4 days ago and had me schedule my interview on the portal

Could someone share what the Allentown interview day looks like? They haven't sent me any information yet regarding what time the day starts/ends or even the location. They called me 4 days ago and had me schedule my interview on the portal
It's at the hospital; first is a welcome / curriculum overview especially about select. then we do a small tour of some parts of the hospital. then lunch with some docs and current students - all third and fourth years. it started 9 and ended around 4. then they split us up and some people did another part of the tour while others interviewed, and then vice versa.

I just graduated from that program this summer! When did you guys graduate from it? And, did your interviewers mention it at all?
I graduated from it this summer too! But no, no mention of it really in my interviews.

I graduated from it this summer too! But no, no mention of it really in my interviews.

From your previous posts its kind of hard to tell, were you in the MSP3 program or the IMS program? Congrats on the acceptance!

So if I live close to USF and have yet to receive my acceptance packet at what point should I be concerned?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I received the acceptance call Oct 15 and received the packet today. I think the only thing you can do is continue waiting. It'll come, eventually.

For people who have already received the packet, do I have to sign, submit, or respond in any way to the packet and/or USF? I'm waiting on interviews for a few other schools and I don't want to prematurely accept USF's acceptance because I sent in a signed form, immunizations, transcript, etc.

I received the acceptance call Oct 15 and received the packet today. I think the only thing you can do is continue waiting. It'll come, eventually.

For people who have already received the packet, do I have to sign, submit, or respond in any way to the packet and/or USF? I'm waiting on interviews for a few other schools and I don't want to prematurely accept USF's acceptance because I sent in a signed form, immunizations, transcript, etc.
To my understanding, the form is just an acknowledgement off the offer. I would send in the acknowledgement, technical standards and ask them about transcripts. At the very least, you have to do the background check, so they won’t lock you in till that comes back clear.

You can hold multiple acceptances up until April 30. It’s also in your best interest since schools will eventually see what other acceptances you have and may offer some incentive to attend. I would accept USF’s offer by sending in the form they request and then you can make your decision about where to attend in the spring.

My concern about receiving the packet late is that we have a minimum of two weeks (according to traffic rules) to accept. Is that from when I get the packet? Or from the day they called? Does USF extend that for people who haven’t gotten the packet?

ACCEPTED! by call 10/18 (1st voicemail), played phone tag all the way up to the next Monday.... Stressful weekend needless to say.

Reactions: 5 users
You can hold multiple acceptances up until April 30. It’s also in your best interest since schools will eventually see what other acceptances you have and may offer some incentive to attend. I would accept USF’s offer by sending in the form they request and then you can make your decision about where to attend in the spring.

My concern about receiving the packet late is that we have a minimum of two weeks (according to traffic rules) to accept. Is that from when I get the packet? Or from the day they called? Does USF extend that for people who haven’t gotten the packet?

I imagine that it would be the day that you received the packet. Since it seems like no one has gotten emails or portal updates I don’t know how else you would accept the offer. I received mine with in a week of when they told me they put it in the mail so I bet if you haven’t gotten yours yet it hasn’t been sent and of course they know you can’t sign the forms if you haven’t been sent it yet.

From your previous posts its kind of hard to tell, were you in the MSP3 program or the IMS program? Congrats on the acceptance!
I was in the MSP3 program

Struggled and maintained high GPA but MCAT brought me at MD average. Good ECs. Hoping for some SELECT love. IS though

If anyone from the area has suggestions for pet-friendly apartments, can you PM me? Hoping to look around next time I go home.

If anyone from the area has suggestions for pet-friendly apartments, can you PM me? Hoping to look around next time I go home.

Honestly, it was really, really hard to find a place that is pet friendly - you will have to pay a pet deposit and an additional monthly pet fee (some can be expensive). Are you hoping to do two years by the campus and two years downtown (South Tampa)? I’ll ask around and see if people have suggestions. Oddly enough, downtown may have more options.

Honestly, it was really, really hard to find a place that is pet friendly - you will have to pay a pet deposit and an additional monthly pet fee (some can be expensive). Are you hoping to do two years by the campus and two years downtown (South Tampa)? I’ll ask around and see if people have suggestions. Oddly enough, downtown may have more options.

I pm'ed her about University Lake apartments...I have a 1/1 there rn for 950 a month (including all utilities, internet, gas stove, etc). Very pet friendly place

Reactions: 1 users

I’m actually hoping to do 4 years by campus (because of the pet fees), but, life happens, so I may decide I like downtown more.

What’s the interview format here?

Two one-hour interviews. They are supposed to be conversational. I found them a little more stressful, but it was my first stop on the interview trail and it was not a good week.

Two one-hour interviews. They are supposed to be conversational. I found them a little more stressful, but it was my first stop on the interview trail and it was not a good week.
but you did got the acceptance tho right?

but you did got the acceptance tho right?

Yeah - I was surprised! On the other hand I’ve photographed weddings for years so I’m used to putting on airs of having it together regardless of the situation. It comes in handy at times ;)

Reactions: 2 users
2 1-hr interviews...holy s***. Is it one on one with faculty??

2 1-hr interviews...holy s***. Is it one on one with faculty??

Yep! Like the other poster said, one of mine was pretty stressful (I thought I had bombed it) but the other was very conversational/laid back. That said, I loved the interview day overall, they really do try to make you feel comfortable and it definitely made me super excited to attend :)

I lived in a place near campus that allowed dogs during my master's, Cambridge Woods. Pros: It's cheap ($1100/mo for a 2/2.5) and allows pets. Cons: Management sucks. We had construction workers from next-door parking in our lot all year (I once got a nail in my tire from it), they were quick to fix some things and slow to fix others, and they did a ridiculous amount of nickel and diming when we moved out.

Nope not at all! I did not apply ED and I was complete on 8/17/17.

From what I understand, not many people from MSP3 get into USFCOM. You must've had a great application. Congrats!

Just received an interview!!! Overjoyed!!

Reactions: 7 users
II just now for select!
complete 8/23, oos, non-trad, LM 74

Reactions: 4 users
Hello,
Has anyone who interviewed last Tuesday at usf heard back yet?
Thanks

I hope I get an II here, I submitted 8/1 but havent heard...does anyone know if they like interviewing the high LizzyM people first and then start interviewing lower in the winter/new year? I applied for select OOS (didnt go for undergrad either), and my lizzym is low at 67 with 515 mcat, but I have a first author pub from morsani and a few recs from the professors who's lab I worked in in the summer. They teach some classes at the med school here (M2s I believe) and I know the LORs are very good. I hope I hear soon this is my top choice :(

I hope I get an II here, I submitted 8/1 but havent heard...does anyone know if they like interviewing the high LizzyM people first and then start interviewing lower in the winter/new year? I applied for select OOS (didnt go for undergrad either), and my lizzym is low at 67 with 515 mcat, but I have a first author pub from morsani and a few recs from the professors who's lab I worked in in the summer. They teach some classes at the med school here (M2s I believe) and I know the LORs are very good. I hope I hear soon this is my top choice :(
I have the same lizzym but 510 mcat, I'm also waiting on an interview. From what I have seen in last year' thread, lizzym 67 plus gets interviewed in late January to February time, but most likely we will get waitlisted.

I have the same LizzyM but 510 mcat, I'm also waiting on an interview. From what I have seen in last year' thread, lizzym 67 plus gets interviewed in late January to February time, but most likely we will get waitlisted.

I wonder how much waitlist movement there is here, I looked at the thread last year but didnt see anything when I searched