2017-2018 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They are probably just speechless from your awesome application

Hopefully not in a disgusted kind of way :p

Members don't see this ad.

Weird that people with way later completion dates than me but with the same MCAT have gotten rejected already, while I'm still sitting here in silence :eek:. Maybe they are also stratifying by state residency? Who knows
As long as you don't have a letter saying otherwise, you're still in the running! :)
Cant be 100% true. I have a 511 and was complete the very day it was sent to me. Someone complete like last month with a 511 just got rejected
Its definitely not. Last year, all my friends who submitted within a week of me with the same MCAT score were rejected by September. Meanwhile, I was in silence until December. I reckon they probably have a hold pile of sort where they re-evaulate apps potentially for later interview dates.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Dean said in my interview in September that decisions will be sent out on Monday October 16th for our group, big day!

Dean said in my interview in September that decisions will be sent out on Monday October 16th for our group, big day!
Everyone's excited for possible acceptances and I'm just over here like :dead: pick me for an interview pls

Reactions: 17 users

what day did you interview? (Im trying to see if mine was close to yours and if i can expect a decision tomorrow too!)

I interviewed sept 12 and was told tomorrow would be the day!

thank you!! I was on sept 19th so its looking like it might be next week for me :arghh: but good luck tomorrow!!!!!

thank you!! I was on sept 19th so its looking like it might be next week for me :arghh: but good luck tomorrow!!!!!
I was on the 19th as well and was told the decision will be out tmrw!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!!! Good luck to you as well :) hopefully tomorrow is a good day for both of us!

Anyone know when the 9/27 interviewers will know?!

Good luck to everyone who interviewed. I believe USC said they'd release decisions for us today. :) All of your hard work is about to pay off.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Good luck to everyone who interviewed. I believe USC said they'd release decision for us today. :) All of your hard work is about to pay off.
Do you know if Keck has a history of calling or emailing for acceptances?

I remember Dean Arias saying that she calls.

Reactions: 1 users
Based on last years thread, people were notified via email. I was also expecting acceptances to be a call, but I think it might actually be an email.

I also remember her saying email, as I obsessively keep refreshing my inbox :(

Reactions: 2 users
I also remember her saying email, as I obsessively keep refreshing my inbox :(
CMON KECK~~~~ God sitting at work with access to a computer is killin me

Reactions: 2 users
From what I remember, the Dean said she'd likely send it out on the 17th because she wants to sit on it for a day and make sure there are no mistakes. I interviewed late September. Take it with a grain of salt because I didn't write it down and I might be mixing it up with a different school.

From what I remember, the Dean said she'd likely send it out on the 17th because she wants to sit on it for a day and make sure there are no mistakes. I interviewed late September. Take it with a grain of salt because I didn't write it down and I might be mixing it up with a different school.
Sorry if this is off-topic, but how was your interview day? My interview is coming up and I'm starting to get nervous lol. Any tips?

I interviewed on 9/20, so I'm not sure if I'm getting notified today/tomorrow as well? I fuzzily remember Dean Arias saying something about the 16th. Is this likely?

Sorry if this is off-topic, but how was your interview day? My interview is coming up and I'm starting to get nervous lol. Any tips?
I wouldn't be nervous at all. They really stress being yourself during the interview, and they tell you not to give any rehearsed answers. It was really conversational. It's closed file so make sure to read over your application and share a little more in detail than you usually would. But yeah it was a very relaxed interview. One faculty and one student interview.

I wouldn't be nervous at all. They really stress being yourself during the interview, and they tell you not to give any rehearsed answers. It was really conversational. It's closed file so make sure to read over your application and share a little more in detail than you usually would. But yeah it was a very relaxed interview. One faculty and one student interview.
Thanks for the reply! One more question, do you feel you meshed well with your interviewers? One of my fears is being paired with somebody I am unable to share a conversation with.

JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE EMAIL!!!! OMG

Reactions: 17 users
Thanks for the reply! One more question, do you feel you meshed well with your interviewers? One of my fears is being paired with somebody I am unable to share a conversation with.
Most of the people on my interview day meshed with both interviewers. Me and my faculty interviewer didn't connect super well but it was fine. In my student interview, we legit just talked about sports for a good amount of it so it was very relaxed. Luck of the draw I guess, just do your best and you should be fine.

Noooooo just send me an acceptance pls :')
JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE EMAIL!!!! OMG
omg time to stalk my email. ****

Acceptance email received!!!!! :):):):):):)
Interviewed August

Reactions: 9 users
OMG CONGRATS! Did you interview in August or September? Wondering if it’s in order...

I interviewed earliest date in September!! I'm sure good news is coming soon for you all :)

I interviewed Sept 20 and just got my acceptance!!!! Today is a good day :) I'm looking forward to meeting you all soon!!!

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted!! First one and to one of my top choices! Interviewed second to last week of September.

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!!! Interviewed mid-September. Best of luck to the rest of you all!

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone who interviewed in August not heard back yet?
Has anyone recieved waitlist or rejections post II?