2017-2018 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed in August not heard back yet?
Has anyone recieved waitlist or rejections post II?
I have not heard back yet, interviewed in August, no waitlist or rejection yet

Members don't see this ad.

I have not heard back yet, interviewed in August, no waitlist or rejection yet
I interviewed the very first day so I'm wondering why they haven't sent a decision yet.. it's freaking me out

Anyone interview last week of September and heard back? or is she waiting until tomorrow to send out those acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed the very first day so I'm wondering why they haven't sent a decision yet.. it's freaking me out

I only interviewed in mid-september but I'm freaking out too since they passed my date!

I only interviewed in mid-september but I'm freaking out too since they passed my date!
I wonder what this means... trying to stay positive. Hope things turn out for the best!!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted today!! Interviewed on Sept. 20th!

Interviewed very early. Heard nothing today. Ideally the news will still be good when I hear, but I'm no longer optimistic.

2016-2017 University of Southern California (Keck) Application Thread

from last year it looks like acceptances came out monday and waitlists on tuesday... hopefully different this year
Yeah I noticed that trend too....
Interviewed very early. Heard nothing today. Ideally the news will still be good when I hear, but I'm no longer optimistic.
Yeah I'm in the same boat. Hope were surprised with a better outcome tomorrow. Good luck!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Seems like they didn’t get to the week of 24 September interviews this time. Did anybody who interviewed that week or after hear back?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
friend was waitlisted

Last edited:
Update: Waitlisted. Bummed because Keck was a top choice for me. Congratulations to all accepted! From here on out I will be hoping for a little luck.

Waitlisted. Lowkey relieved that this wasn't a rejection after the hot mess that was my faculty interview performance here. So happy to see that some of the other applicants who were at my interview day received offers though (@pottedcactus and @Serine Minor ;) ). So proud of you all.

Reactions: 2 users
Likelihood of getting off the waitlist for anyone who's in the know? Are update letters helpful?

Likelihood of getting off the waitlist for anyone who's in the know? Are update letters helpful?
Pretty sure she said they were very strict about no updates. In the past there was almost always 0 waitlist movement, but it seems last year a lot of people got off the waitlist. Best of luck to you all!

Also, anyone interview the last week of September hear back yet? I feel like they may get to us next week..

Pretty sure she said they were very strict about no updates. In the past there was almost always 0 waitlist movement, but it seems last year a lot of people got off the waitlist. Best of luck to you all!

Also, anyone interview the last week of September hear back yet? I feel like they may get to us next week..
I interviewed 9/22 and still haven't heard. Although now I'm nervous this means waitlist/rejection.

Update: Waitlisted. Bummed because Keck was a top choice for me. Congratulations to all accepted! From here on out I will be hoping for a little luck.
Waitlisted too. Guess I should have seen it coming. Well wish you the best for the rest of your cycle!! Maybe we'll even still end up with a spot at Keck! Haha one can hope

The email I recieved stressed to not send any updates still.... so I'd say no

I interviewed last week of September and haven't heard back either. On my date she said adcoms meet ever other Monday and had just met up on the 25th. We would maybe get talked about on the 9th but not for sure. She said "now if you don't hear back by around Halloween you can start to get a little nervous."

Just submitted secondary. I know it's super late but we'll see how it goes.

I interviewed last week of September and haven't heard back either. On my date she said adcoms meet ever other Monday and had just met up on the 25th. We would maybe get talked about on the 9th but not for sure. She said "now if you don't hear back by around Halloween you can start to get a little nervous."

+1
I interviewed at around the same time as well and I remember saying something like this.

Waitlisted. Lowkey relieved that this wasn't a rejection after the hot mess that was my faculty interview performance here. So happy to see that some of the other applicants who were at my interview day received offers though (@pottedcactus and @Serine Minor ;) ). So proud of you all.
what do you think went wrong? im about to interview here this week

Yeah, I called in and they said if you interviewed in September you can expect to hear in the next few weeks.

I'm waiting on one school right now and will fee the same as you if I don't get outright rejected. Total day was a disaster, so waitlist would be some kind of mercy on their part.

Did anyone else from mid-September not hear back yet? Wondering if I should call...

How far is USC scheduling interviews? Complete early August and still waiting to hear back. LM 75

Rejected post-secondary last week. Complete late September, LM 75.

Accepted today! I interviewed on 9/8
is it actually a thing for people interviewing to have a copy of their resume to give to their interviewers or even to have it on hand in general?

is it actually a thing for people interviewing to have a copy of their resume to give to their interviewers or even to have it on hand in general?
Under no circumstance will you need a resume, or to bring anything in general besides confidence and honesty. It’s always funny to me to see the select few who bring a leather portfolio like the interviewers want to see their stationery collection

Under no circumstance will you need a resume, or to bring anything in general besides confidence and honesty. It’s always funny to me to see the select few who bring a leather portfolio like the interviewers want to see their stationery collection
alright thats nice to know, i heard you should bring somehting to write on, what do people use for that lol i was about to be one of those people with a binder lol :whistle:

Tbh, anything they tell you on Interview day you could probably find online or if you forget and must know, you could contact the admissions office. There just hasn’t been a single thing that was sooo important that I needed to take notes. Especially for Keck, if you take notes while dr. Arias is talking to you in the AM you will be missing 50% of the stuff she is saying, which is RELAX and be genuine. The adcom already likes you and your story, so just verify their sentiments with real-life proof.

alright thats nice to know, i heard you should bring somehting to write on, what do people use for that lol i was about to be one of those people with a binder lol :whistle:
It's pretty helpful for writing down questions that you don't want to forget, dates you can expect to start hearing back, people's contact info, fun things to do in the area, etc. Many schools will give you a folder with a pen but not all.

i have seen a handful have resumes with them. I personally didn't

[deleted]

Last edited: