2017-2018 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected pre-II. Complete early August, LM 75.

Members don't see this ad.

Finally rejected. At this point I’m kind of relieved...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected in this wave as well. OOS, complete late July.

Sooooo did anyone in the recent rejection wave have a 515? lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I sent in my HTE email/essay responses in December, but I haven't heard back. My interview is next week. For those of you that interviewed for HTE, did you set up your interview ahead of time or were you notified on the day of? I'm kind of just confused by the radio silence...

So I sent in my HTE email/essay responses in December, but I haven't heard back. My interview is next week. For those of you that interviewed for HTE, did you set up your interview ahead of time or were you notified on the day of? I'm kind of just confused by the radio silence...
I sent mine in Dec. 19th and they got back to me this week saying that I should plan to meet with them on the day of my interview. I am interviewing next week as well

I sent mine in Dec. 19th and they got back to me this week saying that I should plan to meet with them on the day of my interview. I am interviewing next week as well
I sent mine dec 15th, well this is a bit disheartening. I guess i’ll just shoot them another email to see if they got my original one. Thanks for your reply and good luck with your interview.

Edit: well i just realized i messed up the email address in my original email :/ I'm gonna guess its too late at this point for them to set me up with someone, sigh.

Last edited:
I sent mine dec 15th, well this is a bit disheartening. I guess i’ll just shoot them another email to see if they got my original one. Thanks for your reply and good luck with your interview.

Edit: well i just realized i messed up the email address in my original email :/ I'm gonna guess its too late at this point for them to set me up with someone, sigh.
Maybe it's worth it to send them an email explaining what happened and see if they can squeeze you in? At least so they know you didn't just skip out on sending the additional essays, especially if you already wrote them and have them ready. Plus they didn't really specify a deadline for the materials. But good luck to you too!

When I interviewed with for the HTE program, I sent my essays in like 2 days before my interview. They were able to add me in for the interview at the end of the day. I think you will be fine, just re-send your essays.

For accepted students, has anyone filled out USC's student profile for financial stuff yet? I'm trying to figure out how to get the 10 digit USC ID to fill out their individual profile.

Last edited:

When I interviewed with for the HTE program, I sent my essays in like 2 days before my interview. They were able to add me in for the interview at the end of the day. I think you will be fine, just re-send your essays.

I'm interviewing soon and I recently got an email saying that we're still able to meet for a sort of informal interview after the SOM interview. The email said that we're still able to submit the essays after the interview.

Does anyone know if people actually get interviews invites here after the new year? Last time I saw it was already scheduled into February but I haven't been rejected yet somehow, I'm just curious if there's any chance or I should just expect a rejection at a later time

For accepted students, has anyone filled out USC's student profile for financial stuff yet? I'm trying to figure out how to get the 10 digit USC ID to fill out their individual profile.

I haven’t received a USC ID yet. Hope I did it right. We just had to accept the offer on the portal, right?

anyone else complete since July still waiting.... there's probably negative II's left now... so wheres the axe!???

I haven’t received a USC ID yet. Hope I did it right. We just had to accept the offer on the portal, right?
I'll probably call the fin aid office tomorrow to see how I can go about it. Maybe the FAFSA needs to be processed first.

Yes, all I did was accept the offer on the portal (this was back in October), and I haven't heard anything from USC since then. I hope I did it right too ;)

Did anyone who was accepted receive a Certiphi background check email already?

^ Do you mind telling me when you received the email? I was accepted in November but haven't really had any contact since.

I'll probably call the fin aid office tomorrow to see how I can go about it. Maybe the FAFSA needs to be processed first.

Yes, all I did was accept the offer on the portal (this was back in October), and I haven't heard anything from USC since then. I hope I did it right too ;)

Please post an update after you call, if you don’t mind.

^ Do you mind telling me when you received the email? I was accepted in November but haven't really had any contact since.
I got it Jan 6th. I saw another post suggesting that you call Certiphi because apparently the poster was sent the email but didn't receive it.

Got the email from certiphi last week! If you didn't receive it yet, try calling them and they'll resend it. Happened to someone else on here.

I was accepted in November as well, and I just received the Certiphi background check email today.

I just got off the phone with the admissions office, and they said that accepted students should receive their USC ID number in the next few weeks. We should be able to fill out the Financial Aid supplement then.

Reactions: 2 users
Holy ****, just got offered full tuition scholarship via phone from Dean Arias.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27 users
when complete? IS OSS?

Beginning of August, 515 and OOS with a lot of research. and I agree with the updates part I have like 80+ more volunteering hours, grades and 2 more publications but they have no idea haha

Beginning of August, 515 and OOS with a lot of research. and I agree with the updates part I have like 80+ more volunteering hours, grades and 2 more publications but they have no idea haha
Likewise haha, i changed my job and got a new volunteering gig