2017-2018 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if people get rejected post-II? Or is just everyone who isn't accepted offered a place on the alternate list?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when we will be added to the FB group?

What did Dean Arias say about LOIs if you're waitlisted? If you have an acceptance to ONE other school, can you still email her an LOI on traffic day? Anybody know what waitlist movement is like at USC? I heard it's really uncommon to get off the waitlist here.

Members don't see this ad :)
What did Dean Arias say about LOIs if you're waitlisted? If if you have an acceptance to ONE other school, can you still email her an LOI on traffic day? Anybody know what waitlist movement is like at USC? I heard it's really uncommon to get off the waitlist here.
Not sure about movement, but she said only if you are accepted to at least one school (especially if it's a state school), you may send a LOI on April 30.

Not sure about movement, but she said only if you are accepted to at least one school (especially if it's a state school), you may send a LOI on April 30.
Correct ^. If you have no other acceptances no need for LOI. If you have at least 1 other acceptance, just email her a quick sentence on 4/30, "I will come to usc if accepted."

Waitlist movement has been zero for the past 3 years. She said they won't start looking at the waitlist until June.

Correct ^. If you have no other acceptances no need for LOI. If you have at least 1 other acceptance, just email her a quick sentence on 4/30, "I will come to usc if accepted."

Waitlist movement has been zero for the past 3 years. She said they won't start looking at the waitlist until June.

Really? Seems like there was minor movement the last two years on SDN, starting Mid-May.

thats what she told our group at interview day

Wait but that doesn't make sense. There are clearly instances on SDN of people getting off the waitlist in the past 2 years (no waitlist movement in 2014) and she never said anything on my interview day about there being zero movement in recent years. She even told us a funny story about an individual who got off the waitlist.

Really? Seems like there was minor movement the last two years on SDN, starting Mid-May.
Yeah I have a friend whose an M1 at Keck now and says she knows at least 6 people in her class who were accepted off the waitlist. It seems like their list is huge so chances are small but there is a chance..

I don't understand why schools do this. Wouldn't it make more sense to just reject more people post-interview and only waitlist those who may have a chance of getting off?

Also, does anyone know if the waitlist movement at UCI is any better? I might just send them an LOI if my chances at USC are low.

I don't understand why schools do this. Wouldn't it make more sense to just reject more people post-interview and only waitlist those who may have a chance of getting off?

Also, does anyone know if the waitlist movement at UCI is any better? I might just send them an LOI if my chances at USC are low.
I was wrong on USC but FWIW.... I was told by UCISOM students that there is usually heavy WL movement at UCI.

Ready yourselves. The admissions committee is supposed to be meeting today.
Brad+Pitt+as+Achilles.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just interviewed here recently and I felt that my student interview went terrible (relative to my other interviews lol). We were laughing and making jokes, but the interview was all over the place and left me feeling as if I underperformed (my answers were bland and confusing at times). Faculty interview was great and very focused so that was a plus. Let's see how this turns out #praying

Just interviewed here recently and I felt that my student interview went terrible (relative to my other interviews lol). We were laughing and making jokes, but the interview was all over the place and left me feeling as if I underperformed (my answers were bland and confusing at times). Faculty interview was great and very focused so that was a plus. Let's see how this turns out #praying
If there is anything I have learned throughout this process, you never know what will happen. I have gotten into schools even though I thought I didn't do so well in the interview. Don't think about it too much and try to stay positive!

If there is anything I have learned throughout this process, you never know what will happen. I have gotten into schools even though I thought I didn't do so well in the interview. Don't think about it too much and try to stay positive!
Thanks! I’m trying not to think about it but one person holds my fate at Keck

Honestly it sounds like it went very well! My understanding is that Keck is looking for people who connect with the other students, which is why they have student interviews in the first place. So if you and your student interviewer were cracking jokes together, it sounds like the best case scenario to me!

I opened the email, saw “congratulations” and dropped my phone in the sink. I may need to buy a new phone, but I’m going to Keck baby!!!

Reactions: 11 users
For those of you who got in, when did you interview?
And do acceptances come in batches? Like are they done for today...

Interviewed January 31st, don't know the answer to the second question :/ sorry

For those of you who got in, when did you interview?
And do acceptances come in batches? Like are they done for today...

If I remember correctly, I think the emails only come out once so if you didn’t hear already then you probably won’t hear until another 2 weeks when the next batch come out.

Also waitlisted today, but hoping that will turn into an acceptance!

Anyone know the chances of getting a spot at currie hall atm? I want to start looking for housing pretty soon and I see that you can waitlist for a spot on the website

Anyone know the chances of getting a spot at currie hall atm? I want to start looking for housing pretty soon and I see that you can waitlist for a spot on the website

I’m in the same boat actually. I signed up for the waitlist and someone called me the next day to confirm. She said it’s a pretty decent chance of getting off since they get a lot of people cancelling their spots come spring. There’s also a google doc on the matriculation website that lets you post your info for finding a roommate.

I’m in the same boat actually. I signed up for the waitlist and someone called me the next day to confirm. She said it’s a pretty decent chance of getting off since they get a lot of people cancelling their spots come spring. There’s also a google doc on the matriculation website that lets you post your info for finding a roommate.

Thanks for the info! Also matriculation website? I have an email saying that they will update me when it is ready. Is is already out for some people?

Thanks for the info! Also matriculation website? I have an email saying that they will update me when it is ready. Is is already out for some people?
About a day after I got my USCID, I got another email with the subject "Welcome to Keck! Orientation and Matriculation Information". In that email was a link to the matriculation website. If you need the link, pm me and I'll send it. You just log in with your AMCAS ID.

As for the facebook group, I called the admissions office and they sent it to me. Idk why I didn't get it earlier.

Does anyone know if Keck's match list is public/where I can access it?

Should I/can I sign up for the Currie Hall waitlist if I was waitlisted at Keck?

Hey has anyone received information regarding financial aid? Scouring through their website I found an April deadline for financial aid along with the school code for FASFA purposes.
Have we received any instructions from admissions regarding the process?

What happened to decision day?? I woke up like 5 times in the middle of the night (in Asia) to check LMAOOO hand me that L keck

What happened to decision day?? I woke up like 5 times in the middle of the night (in Asia) to check LMAOOO hand me that L keck
It seems like they have been sending their decisions Wednesday mornings PST for the last two decision rounds. I don't know if it'll happen again but maybe

Has anyone heard anything yet? I thought decisions were supposed to go out today...

Has anyone from 2/2 interview date heard back yet? I'm really hoping I won't have to wait another couple weeks

Has anyone from 2/2 interview date heard back yet? I'm really hoping I won't have to wait another couple weeks

I interviewed 2/2 and I haven't heard yet either