2017-2018 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi question. If I got off the waitlist at another school just now, that means I can send my LOI to Keck now correct?

Would sending that LOI hurt my chances of staying in my accepted school's roster, or will they not know I sent to LOI until Keck (hopefully) accepts me and I say yes??
Send it! I’m 99% sure that schools will never rescind your acceptance for sending an LOI to another school. I actually did that exact thing and it all worked out.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to those recently accepted! Waitlisted friends - are you submitting your FAFSAs or waiting for a final decision first?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve seen barely any movement at Keck....seems like they got it right for a third year xD

Withdrew my acceptance today. Hope it goes to one of you :)

Reactions: 7 users
USC president C.L. Max Nikias agrees to step down amid gynecologist scandal

Reactions: 5 users
If I haven’t gotten my financial aid package yet (accepted in early May), should I email the office? Or just wait a bit more?

I've been accepted to another CA school off the waitlist. Are my chances at USC any worse or better? This school is not as high-ranking, but is cheaper. I don't want to send a letter of intent (i.e. the one sentence-long email) yet to USC but I'm still very interested. Is it necessary at this time to send an LOI to be considered?

Last edited:
I've been accepted to another CA school off the waitlist. Are my chances at USC any worse or better? This school is not as high-ranking, but is cheaper. I don't want to send a letter of intent (i.e. the one sentence-long email) yet to USC but I'm still very interested. Is it necessary at this time to send an LOI to be considered?

Pretty sure your chances are better after getting an acceptance because it seems like they have been pulling students from UC schools. At the same time, it’s hard to tell since there hasn’t been much activity on SDN/reddit waitlist tracker for USC since May 9th

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! May I ask if you sent an LOI at all? Did you have another in-state acceptance?
Thanks! Yes and yes (although my acceptance was at a different private school in CA, so technically not a state school I guess?)

Reactions: 1 user
got the call!!!!!! there is still hope, my fellow waitlisted folks :)

Reactions: 3 users
is anyone else's applicant portal still working? mine now asks for a USC netID (which I don't have, since I haven't been accepted)