2017-2018 University of Texas - Galveston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Jokes, just got in MD-PhD. So excited!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
so if I have just had acl surgery, does anyone know what attire is allowed if I have a full leg brace?

so if I have just had acl surgery, does anyone know what attire is allowed if I have a full leg brace?

I would just call or e-mail. I have little doubt that they'll be extremely accommodating!

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think it looks bad that i had an acl surgery?
I highly doubt you having ACL surgery will impact you negatively... if anything, you showing up in a brace will not only show your commitment to being there WITH a brace, and it may help you stand out more! Hey remember the applicant with the leg brace??? (in a good way)
Praying for your speedy and healthy recovery!

Reactions: 4 users
Also accepted OOS earlier today! Interviewed very early in the season.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a pre-match offer (12/18)!
In state - 3.9/513

Cheers y'all!

Also accepted OOS a few days ago, interviewed 9/8. Who knows if/when out of state kids qualify for in-state tuition?

UTMB doesn't do any kind of second look before match day, right?

Did everyone also get an email about an interview day evaluation after their interview?

Will there be anymore interviews in January. Patiently :shrug:waiting

I have my interview this Friday. Anything I should know before going in? Tips? Suggestions? I've read some comments about how interviewers could sometimes care more about asking questions than actually getting to know the applicant.

I have my interview this Friday. Anything I should know before going in? Tips? Suggestions? I've read some comments about how interviewers could sometimes care more about asking questions than actually getting to know the applicant.
Ill be there on Friday as well, the SDN interview feedback page for this school is very thorough so check that out!

Does anyone know the grading system here (P/F, Honors/High pass/Pass, or graded)? And also if it's some combination of those (like 2 years P/F & 2 years grades)?

I'm putting together my ranked list but I forgot to make note of this when I interviewed here :/

EDIT: nevermind, just lurked through earlier posts. If anyone doesn't have the time to go through old posts, it's true pass fail first 2 years and then honors/hp/p/F last 2 years. Internally ranked solely for honor society determination.

Last edited:
I’ve searched and still have not found confirmation either way on out of state scholarships. Has anyone found any information on it? Do they have the same offer as San Antonio?

Based on past years' threads, UTMB might send out emails after midnight :eek:

Based on past years' threads, UTMB might send out emails after midnight :eek:
How does that work? Do schools know the results of the match before match day? Or do they just send out emails to their top X number of people if they have X spots available?

How does that work? Do schools know the results of the match before match day? Or do they just send out emails to their top X number of people if they have X spots available?

No clue at all

I thought that was just for prematch?

It was for match day as well but idk if they’ll do it again this year

Matched... omg I could not be happier!!! I can't believe it. For the past 48 hours I've convinced myself I'd be reapplying. Literally shaking.

Reactions: 4 users
For those of us that weren't matched today, where would we look in the future/check periodically until orientation

For reapplication if you have already graduated, do we still have to do a committee packet for letters of recommendation?

Hey guys, congrats on those of you who matched! I'm a current MS1 here, and would be happy to try and answer any questions you may have about the upcoming months to prepare for school or any questions regarding UTMB. I'm not too familiar with details regarding the match waitlist as I was an OOS applicant, but I can try to find some answers for you if you have any questions about that as well. Looking forward to meeting you all this fall (or summer if you end up doing the PREP program)!

For reapplication if you have already graduated, do we still have to do a committee packet for letters of recommendation?

Not sure about specifics regarding reapplication, but I pre-matched and matched here this cycle, and I didn't have a committee packet. I graduated winter 2015 though, so I'm not sure what the cutoff is for that requirement.

No, I applied after graduating and I just submitted 4 individual letters using Interfolio :)

No, I applied after graduating and I just submitted 4 individual letters using Interfolio :)
Thank you! I didnt match unfortunately, but hopefully I will have better luck the next cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, congrats on those of you who matched! I'm a current MS1 here, and would be happy to try and answer any questions you may have about the upcoming months to prepare for school or any questions regarding UTMB. I'm not too familiar with details regarding the match waitlist as I was an OOS applicant, but I can try to find some answers for you if you have any questions about that as well. Looking forward to meeting you all this fall (or summer if you end up doing the PREP program)!
Hello! I was wondering what apartments utmb students rent out over there?

There's a Facebook group for the class of 2022, but it requires an email address. Has anyone gotten theirs or has their acceptance letter gotten emailed to them?

There's a Facebook group for the class of 2022, but it requires an email address. Has anyone gotten theirs or has their acceptance letter gotten emailed to them?
Yeah, in that space I just wrote "I got accepted this morning, but have do not have a UTMB email yet." They accepted me after like 30 mins.

I matched here today and totally believe in some schools having a holistic review. I have slightly below average stats, one interview that didn't go the way I planned, and none of the normal check the block extra curriculars, but I feel my background made up for it.

To everyone that matched here today, congratulations. To those who didn't match, if you want to be a doctor, prove it. Don't let the bitter taste of failure stop you. Identify your weaknesses and work on them. Don't settle for mediocrity.