2017-2018 University of Texas - Galveston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So for those of you who applied for scholarships, all the available applications I am seeing are for the school of nursing. Where did you access a scholarship application for the school of medicine?
Applications are done online through your MySTAR account. It appears that the application window has closed for scholarships for the School of Medicine.
Scholarships

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Applications are done online through your MySTAR account. It appears that the application window has closed for scholarships for the School of Medicine.
Scholarships
Do you know when students usually hear back about these?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted final transcripts validating my completion of a pre requisites course that was still in progress at the time I was accepted, and the transcript was received by the school but the pre requisite itself still shows up in my to-do list on mystar. Anyone else have this issue?

I submitted final transcripts validating my completion of a pre requisites course that was still in progress at the time I was accepted, and the transcript was received by the school but the pre requisite itself still shows up in my to-do list on mystar. Anyone else have this issue?
Same issue here. But then again I was only accepted off the waitlist 3 weeks ago.

For those of you accepted who currently live in Houston, what does your commute/living plan look like. Just trying to bounce off ideas as I have a family.

Same issue here. But then again I was only accepted off the waitlist 3 weeks ago.
I emailed Ms. Burton in enrollment services and she said it was just an error on their part and cleared it from the list. So if it doesn’t go away just email them and it should be taken care of

Reactions: 1 user
Several incoming UTMB students received scholarships early this morning!

How long should it be taking to get your award package once your fafsa has been processed?

For those of you who matched on match day but did not prematch -- did you interview before November? I haven't pre-matched here and just wondering if they were match heavy last year.

For those of you who matched on match day but did not prematch -- did you interview before November? I haven't pre-matched here and just wondering if they were match heavy last year.
Most of the students I’ve spoken to prematched. N=1, but I think utmb is a pretty prematch heavy school. There’s a lot of waitlist movement though.