2017-2018 University of Texas - Houston (McGovern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if this school is switching to a true p/f like utmb and utsw?

Members don't see this ad.

For the class of 2022, the first year will be true p/f but I’m not sure about the second year. This is just what I’ve heard from others.

For the class of 2022, the first year will be true p/f but I’m not sure about the second year. This is just what I’ve heard from others.

Just got off the phone with admissions and they clarified the grading system. The initial Foundations course during the first semester of school is pass/fail, however every course after that will be graded honors/high pass/pass/below pass/fail. This includes clinicals. Hope this helps everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know what day orientation will start this year....like not last years date (24-28 JUL), but for 2018

Adding on to the question about orientation: If anyone has the 2018 incoming class requirements ie computer, white coat order date, etc. please post it

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if we have to purchase the laptop (Dell Latitude) that is on their website for tests?

Does anyone know if we have to purchase the laptop (Dell Latitude) that is on their website for tests?

Yeah. They will have the new models picked out and approved in February 2018 and purchasing one of the 4 options will be required for all incoming students.

Received an email today that said my application is no longer under consideration (No II). Good luck to all!

Any thoughts on whether or not there will be another round of OOS offers and when those would come out? I saw a wave back in October (before I even interviewed) but nothing since.

Any thoughts on whether or not there will be another round of OOS offers and when those would come out? I saw a wave back in October (before I even interviewed) but nothing since.

Since Match Day is February 1st for IS applicants, I am assuming OOS offers will either come out also during that day or in subsequent days. But nothing before then.

Received an email today that said my application is no longer under consideration (No II). Good luck to all!
Same too, I received an email that I'm no longer under consideration... I'm happy I got an acceptance at LSU New Orleans. Good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has any MD/PhD applicant who had an interview in December received any information on the status of their application?

Has any MD/PhD applicant who had an interview in December received any information on the status of their application?
I interviewed in November and haven't heard anything. They told us we would start hearing back in early Feb.

Question about the housing application: if we submitted the electronic form when it opened up, should we be set on that front? I haven't received an e-mail yet besides the payment confirmation. Although the e-mail did say it would be a "few weeks" until we heard back. Just wondering if anybody else had the same experience as me.

And I still can't get into the facebook group! haha

I'm sure no one really cares, but just FYI tomorrow is match day. I sure don't care. Not at all. Not going to be checking hourly to make sure the results don't come out early, and I definitely will be sleeping well tonight. Like if you agree.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm sure no one really cares, but just FYI tomorrow is match day. I sure don't care. Not at all. Not going to be checking hourly to make sure the results don't come out early, and I definitely will be sleeping well tonight. Like if you agree.
Lol

I think we talked at the interview about the housing. You were in uniform correct? I hope and wish you the best! Would be great to be classmates.

I think we talked at the interview about the housing. You were in uniform correct? I hope and wish you the best! Would be great to be classmates.
While I did talk with folks about housing, I'm not sure which one you are :(. But yeah, I'd love to be your classmate as well!

Really wish McGovern announced at midnight....

Best of luck tomorrow, everyone! Can’t wait to see who my future classmates will be!

Thanks for the reminder, forgot match day was tomorrow! :rolleyes:

Matched!!!!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know how the waitlist works at McGovern? Is everyone automatically put on a waitlist or do they send out emails?

Matched, here's to a great class of 2022 and best of luck to everyone on the WL!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received an email about being placed on the waitlist yet? Matched elsewhere but still interested in this program.

Nope. Also, it seems unusual that only two SDNers matched.

RT.
Excited to meet you two through the clandestine veil that is sdn. Thinking there are bound to be lurkers who just haven't posted. So congratulations, lurkers!

I'm grateful I matched at TTUHSC Lubbock but still holding out for WL movement here.

Do yall know why they haven't sent out the wait list email yet?

In the past it has been pretty soon after match day, hold on

I have a quick question does everyone that didn't match get straight on the WL or do they reject some people? Thanks

To accept the offer, we just need to accept the offer on the portal and mail the form in, right? It was mentioned somewhere that we had to email our acceptance of the offer, but that was not on the instructions sheet or the acceptance email.

To accept the offer, we just need to accept the offer on the portal and mail the form in, right? It was mentioned somewhere that we had to email our acceptance of the offer, but that was not on the instructions sheet or the acceptance email.

Yup. They will email you a confirmation of receipt once they receive the docs.

Yup. They will email you a confirmation of receipt once they receive the docs.
Thanks. So me just being paranoid, we don't need to email them anything, correct? Sorry for the paranoia, but don't won't to mess things up.

Thanks. So me just being paranoid, we don't need to email them anything, correct? Sorry for the paranoia, but don't won't to mess things up.

You don't have to email them anything, but if you are really really paranoid and don't trust the USPS to deliver your signed signature page via first class mail, you could always pay extra to send it via certified mail.

You don't have to email them anything, but if you are really really paranoid and don't trust the USPS to deliver your signed signature page via first class mail, you could always pay extra to send it via certified mail.

Cool! How long after sending the letter did you get the email that the signature page was received?