2017-2018 University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing for me! I have even asked for a file review already.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when the last individuals were called off the waitlist last cycle?

Does anyone know when the last individuals were called off the waitlist last cycle?
nobody shared any UTRGV news on SDN after June 1 last year. But I have seen 2 SDN members give up a UTRGV spot this week, so I think they might need to fill at least those 2. UTRGV takes its time though with some things!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
nobody shared any UTRGV news on SDN after June 1 last year. But I have seen 2 SDN members give up a UTRGV spot this week, so I think they might need to fill at least those 2. UTRGV takes its time though with some things!
Here's to hoping one of those goes to me! :xf:

Reactions: 3 users
Just talked to someone on admissions. Apparently all 55 spots are filled at the moment. Hope is lost. Pushing forward for next year!

Reactions: 1 user
UTRGV White Coat Ceremony for Class of 2022 will be on July 28th. I believe there have been no more additions from the WL since early June but post here if you took a spot since then.

Are people still on the WL? I haven’t heard anything, but it looks like orientation was July 9th....

UTRGV has published its stats for the incoming Class of 2022. According to the local paper:

4100 applied, 360 were interviewed.

56 students in the class
52 Texas residents, 4 out-of-state
14 of the 52 Texans were from the RGV
GPA average 3.5
MCAT average "74th percentile" which seems to be between 507 and 508
Diversity makeup:
28% Hispanic
26% Asian or "Asian Indian"
17% African-American
30% Caucasian

Orientation underway for UTRGV’s third cohort of medical students

Last edited:
Image-1-7.png
White Coat Ceremony today for Class of 2022! :claps::soexcited:
Now get ready to crank up the air conditioning and hit the books!