2017-2018 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess it is an "on hold" email - still being considered but not extended an interview at this time. Complete 9/11.

Members don't see this ad.

Secondary complete 9/27. II 10/23. Interview scheduled for November.

Anybody interviewing Dec 5? When i was registering for the II that was literally the only date available, was that the same for any of ya'll?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this school open to interview date change after scheduling?

Interviewing here next friday. Anyone know the cheapest airport to fly into? Also any hotel suggestions (best price and if we get a discount for being an interviewee since some schools do that)?

Interviewing here next friday. Anyone know the cheapest airport to fly into? Also any hotel suggestions (best price and if we get a discount for being an interviewee since some schools do that)?
Austin is usually cheapest, but about 1.5 hours from UIW. San Antionio is really close, although more expensive. I can't help with hotels since I'm from San Antonio and ended up staying with family, but La Quintas have never disappointed me!

Last edited:
Cancelled my waitlist spot due to an acceptance elsewhere. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
So did anyone who got the weird "we don't have space to interview you, but you're not rejected, maybe later" email hear back from the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
So did anyone who got the weird "we don't have space to interview you, but you're not rejected, maybe later" email hear back from the school?
When were you complete? I haven't gotten an email like that, so I'm just curious.

I was complete August 10. I got the letter saying they don't have spots at the moment on 9/18.

Shoot. I just got the secondary app 10/26 and sent it in 10/29. I'm way behind y'all. Hopefully, someone will cancel?

Reactions: 1 users
Yeppers. Not good enough to get in, not good enough to be rejected

When were you complete?

I feel like a lot of people are getting that email and that maybe my application is just silently being rejected. I want an email like that :( ... preferably an II, but the silence is killing me.

Did they contact you after that email, or are you saying you also got that email? If they contacted you back, what did they say?

Waitlisted! Interviewed 10/21. Not upset, but a little surprised because I thought the MMI went really well.

ACCEPTED! :eek: Interviewed on 10/21!

Anybody have any tips to prepare for the MMI? any role playing, task stations or ethical question stations? or were they all traditional interview questions. any advice or pm would be appreciated!

Heart just stopped — interviewing on 12/9!
Primary submitted: 9/28
secondary received: 9/29
Secondary submitted: 10/13
App complete: 10/13
II received: 11/10

~501-505, cgpa 3.75+, sgpa 3.6, grad gpa 3.8+

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!!!!
Interviewed 10/20

Will be canceling my II for 11/17. Just wanted to provide this information for some of you fine applicants.

Primary submitted: 9/14
secondary received: 9/15
Secondary submitted: 10/19
App complete: 10/19
II received: 10/23
Interview scheduled: 11/17

MCAT: 501-505 | cGPA: 3.2 | sGPA: 3.1 | grad GPA: 3.8

Hello everyone! I was wondering after how long have most applicants been getting a secondary after the primary was received by UIW? I submitted 11/8 but still waiting for the secondary.

Hello everyone! I was wondering after how long have most applicants been getting a secondary after the primary was received by UIW? I submitted 11/8 but still waiting for the secondary.

Primary- Submitted 10/12
Secondary- Received 10/26 and submitted 10/29

And I haven't heard anything else yet...

I just found out about this school. Do you guys think its too late to apply?

I just found out about this school. Do you guys think its too late to apply?
Per their website, last day to submit primary application is March 15 and last day to submit secondaries is April 1.

Per their website, last day to submit primary application is March 15 and last day to submit secondaries is April 1.

I meant if there is still a chance of getting in applying this late

I meant if there is still a chance of getting in applying this late

I think you’re still okay. For TX public MD school pre-match is Nov 15 - Dec 31 and official match is Feb 1. So people may drop off.... if I’m not mistaken.... but I could be totally wrong .

I think you’re still okay. For TX public MD school pre-match is Nov 15 - Dec 31 and official match is Feb 1. So people may drop off.... if I’m not mistaken.... but I could be totally wrong .
I believe that is for TMDSAS schools. UIWSOM is a part of AACOMAS and not TMDSAS. :)

I believe that is for TMDSAS schools. UIWSOM is a part of AACOMAS and not TMDSAS. :)

Yes! But when people match for TMDSAS schools it may open up spots for UIWSOM.

Reactions: 1 users
For those who have already interviewed, is it okay if we bring a purse? I have a professional-looking purse, but it's kinda big. Like big enough to fit a laptop.

For those who have already interviewed, is it okay if we bring a purse? I have a professional-looking purse, but it's kinda big. Like big enough to fit a laptop.
Yes, it's okay! I had a small black bag just for my phone and keys. There was a chair outside each room to leave your things before you go in.

Anyone interviewing on 12/9 and want to coordinate with an uber and or car rental?

I’m flying into SAT

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anybody have any tips to prepare for the MMI? any role playing, task stations or ethical question stations? or were they all traditional interview questions. any advice or pm would be appreciated!
Be yourself. Try not to sound different from your application, don't tell them what you think they want to hear, tell them what you truly believe and back it up with good logic. Finally, the group activity is "group activity"; try and carry everyone along even if you have it all figured out. Pray and hope it all works out.

Sent from my Z981 using SDN mobile

Anyone have any luck changing their interview date?