2017-2018 University of Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay, I was mid-September. Still no word. Congrats! Do you plan to matriculate here?
ACCEPTED :) I interviewed in September

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! :soexcited:
IS, interviewed Sept 16

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to all those who receive their acceptance here today. This school is my top choice from OOS schools and top 3 overall. I was fortunate enough to get an interview here. This might be the only interview I get. I was wondering if any of you can help me out by giving me an idea of what to expect.

Last edited:
Congrats to all those who receive their acceptance here today. This school is my top choice from OOS schools and top 3 overall. I was fortunate enough to get an interview here on 10/20. This might be the only interview I get. I was wondering if any of you can help me out by giving me an idea of what to expect.

We're not permitted to disclose specifics, but the biggest piece of advice I can give is to try not to put on some facade--they'll notice that, and it may reflect poorly. UVM is a very open, honest school, and they expect you to be open and honest about yourself.

Also, expect a tasty breakfast and lunch with local Vermont products.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to all those who receive their acceptance here today. This school is my top choice from OOS schools and top 3 overall. I was fortunate enough to get an interview here on 10/20. This might be the only interview I get. I was wondering if any of you can help me out by giving me an idea of what to expect.

While I can't tell you any details about the MMI, I can say that it was low stress and they go out of their way to make people interviewing feel welcome. There are also ample snacks which was a plus. I had a warm fuzzy feeling during the interview day, and got the sense that they really wanted us to do our best at the interview. It was the opposite of schools that try to freak you out or "test your stress response."

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder how often they are going to be sending out notices? I was told waitlist and rejections would also be going out. Anyhow congrats to those of you who received acceptances today!

I wonder how often they are going to be sending out notices? I was told waitlist and rejections would also be going out. Anyhow congrats to those of you who received acceptances today!

If they're sending waitlists and rejections today, then I'm becoming optimistic that I just wasn't in the first batch of applicants to be reviewed.

Seeing all the acceptances this morning, I was like "oh no, they've sent acceptances first, and they're going to send waitlists/rejections this afternoon--I just know it."

I am so on edge. Top choice school, here.

If they're sending waitlists and rejections today, then I'm becoming optimistic that I just wasn't in the first batch of applicants to be reviewed.

Seeing all the acceptances this morning, I was like "oh no, they've sent acceptances first, and they're going to send waitlists/rejections this afternoon--I just know it."

I am so on edge. Top choice school, here.
Yeah I feel your pain. Guess we will have to wait and see!

Accepted earlier today!!!! My first acceptance!! Feels great to know for sure I’ll get to be a doctor now:love: good luck everyone else!!

@Cell Nucleus - I did another MMI and UVM’s was just so much better. I’m not a fan of that interview style, but they do as best of a job as they possibly can. Everything they do seems so well planned out and thought through. You’re going to feel so supported throughout the whole day.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats!!!! But 21 II! Wow I thought I had a lot. So you're not going to Vermont basically lol
Thank youuu!!! I’m on my phone, so I can’t see your signature if you have one, but congrats on your interviews as well :)

I’m not gonna lie; I do have my eyes set on another school, but I’d be delighted to attend UVM if that doesn’t work out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed mid-September, still haven't heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat?

Interviewed mid-September, still haven't heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat?

Yep, same exact situation. We'll probably hear something soon. They've reviewed some people from our interview group already.

3On70HU.gif

me rn

Reactions: 3 users
Looking at last year's thread it seems like they send out notices every Monday. And I heard from a friend that mostly IS get their acceptances first. Of course a few stellar OOS sneak their way in early.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted on Monday (10/16) - OOS btw

Reactions: 3 users
Who should I email to give thanks for giving me the opportunity to interview here? I am confused since this was a MMI.

Anybody interview in August still waiting to hear back? This wait is brutal.

Has anyone accepted been given information on how to pay the deposit?

When does the interview day end? I want to buy my plane ticket ASAP. Thanks in advance!

When does the interview day end? I want to buy my plane ticket ASAP. Thanks in advance!

I believe they said that for interviews starting in the morning day ends at around 3pm (or slightly earlier like 2pm) whereas for those starting 11:30am they end at 5:30pm.

Guess they aren't keeping to notices sent every Monday like they did last year :p

I replied to the acceptance email and they haven’t sent anything to me either.

Interviewed 9/16, OOS. Waitlisted
Sorry to hear that friend. Hopefully you will get off the waitlist and get accepted. If not, then perhaps you will get accepted at another school of your top choice. If you don't mind me asking, how did you feel like you did on the MMI and the team building exercise? I am trying to figure out how they assess your performance on both.

Sorry to hear that friend. Hopefully you will get off the waitlist and get accepted. If not, then perhaps you will get accepted at another school of your top choice. If you don't mind me asking, how did you feel like you did on the MMI and the team building exercise? I am trying to figure out how they assess your performance on both.

I felt confident on both. Now I know not to trust my feelings lol

I felt confident on both. Now I know not to trust my feelings lol
I felt fairly confident with the MMI but not so much with team building exercise. My team was not very receptive of what I was saying and was very disorganized. I hope that doesn't hurt my chances.

So I took CASPer on 10/19 (super late I know D: ), does the school/CASPer people notify you when your test has been graded?

So I took CASPer on 10/19 (super late I know D: ), does the school/CASPer people notify you when your test has been graded?

Nope, they just automatically send it to the schools you paid for. I think they'll inform them that you took the test and UVM will still grant an interview before scores are received (not 100% sure though).

Waitlisted. Interviewed 9/16. I loved this school so this one hurts but I'm still hoping for the best!

Waitlisted. Interviewed 9/16. I loved this school so this one hurts but I'm still hoping for the best!
Sorry to hear that. Waitlist is still a lot better than outright rejection. How well did you feel you did on the MMI and the team building exercise?

Sorry to hear that. Waitlist is still a lot better than outright rejection. How well did you feel you did on the MMI and the team building exercise?
I enjoyed the team building exercise. It's honestly fun and definitely calms the nerves of the day. The MMI was not very challenging. Very conversational and by the end of it I was having fun with it. I only got really stuck at one station (and it was my first station). I got good vibes from the day so being waitlisted is a bummer...but like you said it isn't a rejection!

Who should I email to give thanks for giving me the opportunity to interview here? I am confused since this was a MMI.

you can email admissions and they will add the email to your file.

Congrats to everyone who got in!! it is a really excited moment and UVM is awesome!

Are there any one-on-one, standard interviews?

Are there any one-on-one, standard interviews?
It is multiple mini interviews that are 1 on 1. I can't tell you anything else because of NDA. But it's very relaxed and stress free. The admissions staff were very welcoming and friendly.

Reactions: 1 users
Any August interviewers still waiting? Tempted to call admissions. I'm sure it's not good news though...

Any August interviewers still waiting? Tempted to call admissions. I'm sure it's not good news though...
It sounds like they've only released one set of decisions (acceptances and waitlists) so far so don't count yourself out!

For those of us that interview in October, should we be expecting an answer sometime a month later in November? Or am I making this a little too simple?

Last edited:
For those of us that interview in October, should we be expecting an answer sometime a month later in November? Or am I making this a little too simple?
interviewed early october and they said around thanksgiving to us