2017-2018 University of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's definitely been more than the 6-7 weeks they told you at the interview day. They said that after the time has been reached, you can call and inquire about your status. If they tell you you're in, then you're in. If they tell you you're getting a letter in the mail, then well.. Hopefully you have other acceptances or are IS and can snatch a WL spot. Good luck!
People have said before that IS WL is a good place to be - please elaborate if you have any numbers on the last few years! Madison doesnt do any WL acceptances before April 30 (the only 1 acceptance day), right? Or do they re-review it and send some when they're done w/ initial post-interview decisions?

Members don't see this ad.

People have said before that IS WL is a good place to be - please elaborate if you have any numbers on the last few years! Madison doesnt do any WL acceptances before April 30 (the only 1 acceptance day), right? Or do they re-review it and send some when they're done w/ initial post-interview decisions?
I’m just going by past years threads where every year they hand out 20-30+ offers from the IS WL (except one year when they over accepted). The OOS has never had any traction based on past years. And I think someone already reported on here that their friend was already accepted off the IS WL this year.

Reactions: 1 user

Yes, I can confirm that my friend was waitlisted earlier this year and was then accepted a couple of months later.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 12/1 and still haven’t received a decision. Anyone else in a similar boat?

I assume no news is bad news since many acceptances come via phone call?

I also interviewed 12/1 and haven't heard anything. I called today to find out my status and they said I was up for review this week and to call back next Friday if I still have not heard anything. Does that mean I haven't been reviewed at all yet? How could 12/8's hear back and I still haven't been reviewed? So confused lol. Also is the waitlist only for IS students?

I also interviewed 12/1 and haven't heard anything. I called today to find out my status and they said I was up for review this week and to call back next Friday if I still have not heard anything. Does that mean I haven't been reviewed at all yet? How could 12/8's hear back and I still haven't been reviewed? So confused lol. Also is the waitlist only for IS students?
I think a couple people have reported that they've been told its sort of random what order you get reviewed in after interviews - it might just depend who's looking at your app again.

Interviewed 12/1. I just received my rejection in the mail today. Best of luck to all of you.

I think a couple people have reported that they've been told its sort of random what order you get reviewed in after interviews - it might just depend who's looking at your app again.

Yea I interviewed on Jan 12 and they told us they are reviewed in random order

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Damn interviewed more than 2 months ago and still not even reviewed? I guess Wisco is really taking their times with decisions this year.

Received waitlist letter today. IS. Interviewed 1/5. Super bummed.

Received waitlist letter today. IS. Interviewed 1/5. Super bummed.
Sorry to hear! But remember that the WL isn’t a bad place to be at all as an IS! My tour guide and student at lunch were both originally WL and said a bunch of others in the class were too. What was the date on the letter if you don’t mind?

Sorry to hear! But remember that the WL isn’t a bad place to be at all as an IS! My tour guide and student at lunch were both originally WL and said a bunch of others in the class were too. What was the date on the letter if you don’t mind?
2/7. Thanks for the encouragement!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call today. ACCEPTED! I am so happy, I can’t breathe.

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED!!!! OOS LizzyM ~68 Interviewed 1/12
Good luck to all of you!!
Got a phone call btw

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
For those accepted, how do I accept the offer haha

They'll send you a letter in the mail with a form you check a box on, sign, and send back. Congrats fellow OOS'er (you too FreshPrinceMD) !! Looking forward to meeting you all at the second look!

Congrats to the OOS acceptance recipients! Wisco welcomes you. Where are my IS cheeseheads at??

Reactions: 1 users
They'll send you a letter in the mail with a form you check a box on, sign, and send back. Congrats fellow OOS'er (you too FreshPrinceMD) !! Looking forward to meeting you all at the second look!

Thank you so much I will def be matriculating here so I’m really looking forward to meeting you and everyone as well!

Has anyone else gotten the call about a scholarship offer? I’m kinda beside myself right now. So humbled.

Has anyone else gotten the call about a scholarship offer? I’m kinda beside myself right now. So humbled.
Yeah I was offered a scholarship back in November. They are very generous!

Yeah I was offered a scholarship back in November. They are very generous!

Yes, I received a scholarship as well.

Congrats on the scholarships everybody! Are any of you low-income (as in, you qualified for the AAMC Fee Assistance Program)? Curious if the scholarships are primarily need-based or merit-based. I am a low-income student myself.

Congrats on the scholarships everybody! Are any of you low-income (as in, you qualified for the AAMC Fee Assistance Program)? Curious if the scholarships are primarily need-based or merit-based. I am a low-income student myself.
I do not qualify for the fee assistance program. They told me it was merit based.

Received scholarship as well, I also did not qualify for fee assistance waiver.

When I got the call, i was told that the acceptance comes with an annual scholarship. I am not low-income.

Those who received scholarships, did you get anything in the mail? Also, if you wouldnt mind sharing approximate LizzyM score?

Those who received scholarships, did you get anything in the mail? Also, if you wouldnt mind sharing approximate LizzyM score?
They called me about mine, then sent me a letter about it. My LizzyM is around 71, good extracurriculars.

To current students: how is the curriculum faring this year? I know it’s new, and I am really struggling to decide on whether to go here.. it’s a fantastic school in a great city, but I’ve heard dodgy things about the new curriculum. has it seemed like it’s been turbulent? Or is it pretty smooth? Many thanks!

Heartbroken.
Waitlisted today.
IS. LizzyM = 78.
REALLY wanted to go to Madison.
Wish I knew what I did wrong. :(

Can current med students share their experience on the second look event?
I’m OOS and I’m wondering if it’s worth it to fly in

Can current med students share their experience on the second look event?
I’m OOS and I’m wondering if it’s worth it to fly in

Worth it? It's a free trip lol. They pay airfare, hotel, and most meals.

edit: I've since found out this is only for the "extended second look" and is something separate.

Last edited:
Worth it? It's a free trip lol. They pay airfare, hotel, and most meals.

They didn’t mention anything about covering costs though. I wonder if it’s different this year? Were your expenses covered by the school?

Are other 1/19 interviewees still waiting to hear back? They said 4-6 weeks right?
Another 1/19 waiting to hear back.. They said 7 weeks. 1/12 started hearing back in 5 when they were told 7-8 weeks. Weird how no decisions have gone out though in weeks.

I called the admissions office and they said that I would receive my decision letter in the mail either this week or earlier next week. I interviewed in 2/2, hopefully it’s not a rejection or waitlist because I didn’t receive a call. Was anyone accepted that didn’t receive a call?