2017-2018 UNTHSC Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CONGRATS to all those accepted today! Would you mind sharing your interview dates?
I'm wondering if they are going in any particular order.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Literally created an account JUST NOW (previous lurker) to say...ACCEPTED! (via email earlier this morning).
Interview date was 9/22.

Reactions: 3 users
IM SO SHOOK. ACCEPTED.

Been a lurker for some time now...but I woke up today wondering specifically about YOU after seeing all the positive vibes you put out. Congrats!

I also received an acceptance here today. :)

Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations to everyone who was prematched today!! I was also accepted this morning at 8:06 am, I interviewed 8/4!

Reactions: 3 users
Do they send out acceptances in batches throughout the pre match period?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they send out acceptances in batches throughout the pre match period?

If you look through last year's thread you can see when people received prematch offers. I recall them sending out another batch in December last year!

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted!! For those who didn't prematch, don't stress - I interviewed in late October last year, and got a prematch offer a few days before Christmas (one of the most amazing Christmas presents I've ever gotten, IMO). If I remember correctly, TCOM generally sends out prematch acceptances in three batches - one in mid November, one late November/early December, and one in mid to late December. And don't forget the match plays heavily into TCOM acceptance too, so try not to fret. Hoping for good news for everyone here :)

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who's been accepted!! For those who didn't prematch, don't stress - I interviewed in late October last year, and got a prematch offer a few days before Christmas (one of the most amazing Christmas presents I've ever gotten, IMO). If I remember correctly, TCOM generally sends out prematch acceptances in three batches - one in mid November, one late November/early December, and one in mid to late December. And don't forget the match plays heavily into TCOM acceptance too, so try not to fret. Hoping for good news for everyone here :)

And during my interview day, Dr. Kennedy stated that TCOM usually has significant waitlist movement. He said they accepted ~40-50 students post-match day last cycle.

Been a lurker for some time now...but I woke up today wondering specifically about YOU after seeing all the positive vibes you put out. Congrats!

Congratulations!! OMG I can't believe you woke up today thinking about ME! I feel so honored and special! You all are just too sweet! This community is positive because of all of you too!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE! GO ENJOY AND CELEBRATE!!! :=|:-)::soexcited::highfive::clap::love:

Reactions: 1 user
CONGRATS to all those accepted today! Would you mind sharing your interview dates?
I'm wondering if they are going in any particular order.

I interviewed September 26th. Rooting for you! :)

Congratulations to everyone!!

For those who haven't had an interview invite yet, should we still expect one?

Does anyone know dates? I have heard they might next release some acceptances on December 22nd. Has anyone else heard anything else? Also, I hear they take at least 30 days to review your file after an interview. Anyone know anything on that?

Does anyone know dates? I have heard they might next release some acceptances on December 22nd. Has anyone else heard anything else? Also, I hear they take at least 30 days to review your file after an interview. Anyone know anything on that?

They did send out a batch before Christmas last year. Also it takes them about 4 weeks to thoroughly review your app.

What are my chances?

cGPA: 3.55 (graduated with Latin honors)
sGPA: 3.5
Mcat: 506 (I know, I know)

Over 500 clinical hours, lots of volunteer work, and I already interviewed. Thoughts? Getting nervous waiting!

What are my chances?

Over 500 clinical hours, lots of volunteer work, and I already interviewed. Thoughts? Getting nervous waiting!
what state residency?

What are my chances?

When will you be applying? this year or the following?

Official acceptance letters came in the mail today.

Official acceptance letters came in the mail today.

No mail for me yet. Fingers crossed it comes today!
I know I already have the email, I just really want to see that paper!

No mail for me yet. Fingers crossed it comes today!
I know I already have the email, I just really want to see that paper!

I live very close to the metroplex so it would make sense if it takes a couple extra days for anyone outside the metroplex to get the letter.

I live very close to the metroplex so it would make sense if it takes a couple extra days for anyone outside the metroplex to get the letter.
I live pretty far outside of the metroplex (north of McKinney, TX) and I got my letter yesterday! It probably just depends on postal services. I am sure you will get yours very soon!

Got my mail yesterday as I hoped!
Sent out my acceptance this morning...didn't want to forget about it somehow in an after-Thanksgiving food coma stuper.

Interviewing next week... any advice on thank you notes since it's an MMI format?

Interviewing next week... any advice on thank you notes since it's an MMI format?

I sent my thank you to the MD who spoke to us during the group session. No need to send to MMI interviewers.

Result: Pre-matched and withdrew so spot can be given to worthy applicant.

Reactions: 2 users

CONGRATS on your acceptance! When did you interview?

Any more interviews left to be granted this cycle? Just got my 7th II today, and still no love from my home state except UIW. TCOM was one of my top choices at the beginning of this cycle...wondering if it’s time to give up hope.

I sent my thank you to the MD who spoke to us during the group session. No need to send to MMI interviewers.

Result: Pre-matched and withdrew so spot can be given to worthy applicant.

I was just wondering how you sent the MD the letter - did you email it to him/her or did you mail it or did you hand it to them at the end of the session?
Also, this is my only II and I scheduled for Dec 5th - does anyone know if there is any chance I could prematch, or would I just have to wait till match day?

Also, this is my only II and I scheduled for Dec 5th - does anyone know if there is any chance I could prematch, or would I just have to wait till match day?

I seem to recall Dr. Kennedy saying that they take approximately one month to review applications post interview. That doesn't mean that they wouldn't move faster in some instances, and so I wouldn't rule out a pre-match opportunity. However you shouldn't get discouraged if you don't pre-match since MOST applicants in Texas receive their acceptances on Match Day and beyond.

I was just wondering how you sent the MD the letter - did you email it to him/her or did you mail it or did you hand it to them at the end of the session?

Dr. Bowman gave everyone his business card at the end of the session. I emailed him. If your group interviewer does not hand out business cards, then send the thank you email to Dr. Kennedy in admissions and ask him to forward the email to the interviewer...

Is there a specific window of time that we have to respond to the acceptance in? 2 weeks? 3 weeks?

Is there a specific window of time that we have to respond to the acceptance in? 2 weeks? 3 weeks?

I believe it is generally 2 weeks to respond with an acceptance of the offer. Otherwise, they might rescind the offer...

The formal letter requested that the agreement form be postmarked no later than November 29. That being said, I'm sure there is some leniency with this date as things get lost/delayed in snail mail, especially with Thanksgiving holidays.

Regretfully withdrew my spot here two days ago. I wasn't quite ready to let it go as my heart is still with TCOM but wanted to let someone have a chance to pre match.

Reactions: 2 users
Regretfully withdrew my spot here two days ago. I wasn't quite ready to let it go as my heart is still with TCOM but wanted to let someone have a chance to pre match.

Pure class act. Goodluck!

Just got an acceptance this morning!!!:soexcited: My only interview! :banana:So excited to become a DOctor! :)

Reactions: 7 users