2017-2018 UNTHSC Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you so much! I interviewed on October 3rd! :)

Congratulations!! Also do you know if they sent out another "batch" of acceptances that included yours or if you were the only one?

Reactions: 1 user
I believe it is generally 2 weeks to respond with an acceptance of the offer. Otherwise, they might rescind the offer...

Anyone know if they confirm receipt of the acceptance via email? Have had some other interviews, but this is my only current pre-match, so would hate it if that damn thing got lost in the mail....

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if they confirm receipt of the acceptance via email? Have had some other interviews, but this is my only current pre-match, so would hate it if that damn thing got lost in the mail....
My portal changed to show that they received it on the "To Do" section and they added requests for official transcripts there as well.

My portal changed to show that they received it on the "To Do" section and they added requests for official transcripts there as well.

Ah, didn't think to check the portal. Same.

Congratulations!! Also do you know if they sent out another "batch" of acceptances that included yours or if you were the only one?

Thank you! I am not sure about this, but it might be in a batch since it was 15 days after the first acceptances were sent out.

Congrats! I interviewed on 10/3 as well. Seems like they’re rolling out prematch offers periodically. Keeping my fingers crossed

Thank you! Oh nice! I know the waiting game isn't fun. I'm hoping for the best for you and all applicants waiting to hear back! :)

What was the latest interview that anyone had for this last round of prematches?

Reactions: 1 users
My application has "been recieved" since May...I am starting to lose hope lol
Anyone have any interview invites recently??

Accepted!! 11/30 (email)
Interviewed: 10/31
LizzyM : 65, ORM

Reactions: 3 users
Would it be inappropriate to call the admissions office and ask if they are planning to release another batch of acceptances before the holidays?

Accepted!! 11/30 (email)
Interviewed: 10/31
LizzyM : 65, ORM

Awesome!!! Congrats! Looks like this is the latest date. Exactly 30 days... For 12/15, I guess they will be doing prematches up to 11/15? Anyone with any insights here?

Everyone's updates have been so helpful. I've been lurking and finally have information of my own to contribute. I was accepted 12/1 and interviewed 11/14. On our interview date, they mentioned that it would take some time to review all of the applications, and it would take at least two weeks before we could hear anything. They noted that more likely, they were hoping to send out pre-match acceptances before Christmas (but made it sound like they could come after). It was a complete (but welcomed) surprise to receive an acceptance so early. My hunch is that it was a one-off and that another batch of acceptances will come out later this month for the later interview dates. You are all great, and I wish you all the best! Keep hope!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone's updates have been so helpful. I've been lurking and finally have information of my own to contribute. I was accepted 12/1 and interviewed 11/14. On our interview date, they mentioned that it would take some time to review all of the applications, and it would take at least two weeks before we could hear anything. They noted that more likely, they were hoping to send out pre-match acceptances before Christmas (but made it sound like they could come after). It was a complete (but welcomed) surprise to receive an acceptance so early. My hunch is that it was a one-off and that another batch of acceptances will come out later this month for the later interview dates. You are all great, and I wish you all the best! Keep hope!!!

Congrats!!! That is AWESOME news for you! How did you get notified? Email? I wonder if your result was a part of the 11/30 batch of prematches. I think you are also the latest interviewer I have seen (only 2 weeks and a few days to offer--also good to know!).

Congrats!!! That is AWESOME news for you! How did you get notified? Email? I wonder if your result was a part of the 11/30 batch of prematches. I think you are also the latest interviewer I have seen (only 2 weeks and a few days to offer--also good to know!).
Thanks! Yes, first you receive an email. Then, you are sent a formal offer in the mail.

Interviewed 11/17
Accepted 12/4!!!

Looks like they are rolling admissions decisions on a daily basis!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Don't call for this, resist the urge :angelic:.

Interviewed here somewhat recently. Here is what they told us: they generally take at least 3 weeks to make a decision post interview, and they are shutting down 12/20. Those who interviewed all the way through the end of November have a chance to pre-match by 12/20, but if you don't hear by then you wont hear anything until the match.

Congrats!!!

Does your portal status change right before acceptance? Or after?

Honestly, I didn't check my portal before the email. But, I checked after and it says: Congratulations! You have been accepted. Your formal letter will come in the mail.

Hope that helps!

I received and submitted my secondary to this school at the end of May and haven't heard anything since. On the portal, it just says that my application is Complete and has been received. Kinda bummed since this is/was(?) my top choice. Anyone else in this boat?

I received and submitted my secondary to this school at the end of May and haven't heard anything since. On the portal, it just says that my application is Complete and has been received. Kinda bummed since this is/was(?) my top choice. Anyone else in this boat?
I’m in the same position as you, and very anxious about it

Was offered the Dean's scholarship which gives me $1000 per year and allows me to pay IS tuition!!! Not sure if this is offered to all OOS acceptees. So exciting!

Was offered the Dean's scholarship which gives me $1000 per year and allows me to pay IS tuition!!! Not sure if this is offered to all OOS acceptees. So exciting!
It isn't, so congrats! Be sure to apply for other scholarships, too. I think the application opens in late January LINK.

It isn't, so congrats! Be sure to apply for other scholarships, too. I think the application opens in late January LINK.

They said on our interview day that all accepted OOS students will pay in state tuition. I remember because I thought it was a cool gesture.

They said on our interview day that all accepted OOS students will pay in state tuition. I remember because I thought it was a cool gesture.
Oh great, then it's a change for the better! I have OOS colleagues who are paying OOS tuition, which was fine with them since it's still cheaper than IS tuition in their home state.

Last edited:
It isn't, so congrats! Be sure to apply for other scholarships, too. I think the application opens in late January.

So I know with some programs they offer/negotiate scholarships before your acceptance. Is this not the case with TCOM? Do we just apply in January? Or should I ask for scholarships before I accept?

So I know with some programs they offer/negotiate scholarships before your acceptance. Is this not the case with TCOM? Do we just apply in January? Or should I ask for scholarships before I accept?
I guess you could ask for scholarships if you get accepted, but we don't really have much leverage for negotiating before acceptance. It never hurts to ask though. My assumption is that you'll get a very nice response directing you to the application website.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they're still sending out II?

Reactions: 4 users
Got an offer here today by email. Interviewed early Nov, LM ~70

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Was also accepted here today! Interviewed in Nov.

Last edited:
Accepted today, interviewed late November

So we just wait for the paper letter? The portal doesn't have anything I need to do from what I can tell

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Anyone know if we're supposed to include parental income in our FAFSA for this school?

Interviewed on 11/15, received acceptance on 12/15!

Just wanted to pop in and update everyone still waiting for an interview invite from TCOM. I got an interview invite last Friday 12/15. I know some other people who also got invites last Friday.
The only interview date available left was Jan 9th. Caroline also said that Jan 9th is their last interview date, so I imagine that I was in one of the last batches of II's. Maybe there will still be some invites going out this week though!!

I hope this post helps and good luck to those still waiting!

My portal still says "your application has been recieved." In light of the recent information on this thread, is that basically a silent rejection? It sounds like II are winding down... :/

Interviewed in late september, but no word since. All these prematch offers breakin my heart. Congrats to all though.