2017-2018 UNTHSC Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't even heard from A&M, Lubbock, or San Antonio on top of this, so I'm lost as to what determines the invite lol
What are your stats bro? And have you heard from other ones?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does this school not require a deposit to hold your seat?

Does this school not require a deposit to hold your seat?

No school in Texas requires a deposit to hold a seat.

*I stand corrected, University of Incarnate Word needs a deposit!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Worth sending an app in here as a NY resident, 3.9/3.9/506 w/ no ties to texas? I know they favor texas residents, but I didnt know how much

Worth sending an app in here as a NY resident, 3.9/3.9/506 w/ no ties to texas? I know they favor texas residents, but I didnt know how much

By law, they cannot accept more than 10% OOS students, but they definitely consider those applicants seriously and usually get up to around 10% OOS in each class. I think with your stats, it would probably be worth it, but it's pretty late this cycle to submit a TMDSAS primary application. If you're thinking about adding TCOM to your list for next cycle, I would go for it. However, you're probably too late this cycle to be honest. Texas runs on an earlier timeline than the rest of the country.

By law, they cannot accept more than 10% OOS students, but they definitely consider those applicants seriously and usually get up to around 10% OOS in each class. I think with your stats, it would probably be worth it, but it's pretty late this cycle to submit a TMDSAS primary application. If you're thinking about adding TCOM to your list for next cycle, I would go for it. However, you're probably too late this cycle to be honest. Texas runs on an earlier timeline than the rest of the country.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What are your stats? Do you think I have a chance for an interview. I'm in state with 3.6 cGPA and 501 MCAT

What are your stats? Do you think I have a chance for an interview. I'm in state with 3.6 cGPA and 501 MCAT
It's a holistic review, so don't count yourself out! I interviewed in 2015 with a 3.6-3.8 and 498 and got wait-listed.

It's a holistic review, so don't count yourself out! I interviewed in 2015 with a 3.6-3.8 and 498 and got wait-listed.
When did you apply and when did you receive an interview? Are you Texas resident?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Can anyone who has already interviewed here this cycle give me some pointers? I'm OOS interviewing here and it's one of my top choices!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you apply and when did you receive an interview? Are you Texas resident?

Well, in 2015 I was complete like end of September! I was super late and interviewed in November.

This year, my MCAT is 503-505 and I was complete 8/2 and got an interview 8/4.....I believe. I remember I was complete on a Friday and got called the next Monday!

Can anyone who has already interviewed here this cycle give me some pointers? I'm OOS interviewing here and it's one of my top choices!!!

I second this question..

For folks who have interviewed here, what time does the interview day end? I see check-in is 7:30/8:30, and do they finish by 3pm? I'm trying to coordinate travel now.

I second this question..

For folks who have interviewed here, what time does the interview day end? I see check-in is 7:30/8:30, and do they finish by 3pm? I'm trying to coordinate travel now.

Since no one commented, I was a passerby and met with a group of interviewees that were still waiting to interview around 3pm~. If you email admissions, I promise you they will give you a direct answer.

I second this question..

Hey guys! I just interviewed here on 8/11. I was the very last interview batch and it was a long long wait. My interview was at 345pm and ended around 430pm. Then there is a hopsital tour after that but it is optional. My interview email said my interview time was 245pm but I guess they changed it. My check in time was later though around 11am. If youre check in time is 830am then you will likely be done by 3pm. But its always good to plan some buffer time.

Hey guys! I just interviewed here on 8/11. I was the very last interview batch and it was a long long wait. My interview was at 345pm and ended around 430pm. Then there is a hopsital tour after that but it is optional. My interview email said my interview time was 245pm but I guess they changed it. My check in time was later though around 11am. If youre check in time is 830am then you will likely be done by 3pm. But its always good to plan some buffer time.

How was the interview?

Was the interview strictly all MMI or was there some kind of one-on-one component?

I shadowed an adjunct this week. He said UNT is currently weighing stats very heavily relative to every other factor. Apparently they are preferring 512+? Seems crazy for a DO school, but perhaps they can swing it.

LOL that's probably not going to work - they wouldn't be able to fill their class with a 512 avg. Without being an MD school, they can't really shoot that high suddenly after last year's MCAT avg was a 505 (28). Just for reference, there were 331 total applicants that had a 512+ for the TMDSAS application cycle. That's 11% of the applicant pool. Only 156 of those students ended up matriculating to a TMDSAS school. A majority of those kids either ended up at BCM or a really top notch OOS school. This doesn't factor in the old MCAT peeps, but you can see how the data places itself.

It's just for pre-matches or early interviews I'm assuming.

Last edited:
People who've interviewed already:

when did you guys receive an email with the interview day events? My interview is this Friday but I still haven't received an email with any kind of directions.. wondering if i should call them tomorrow

People who've interviewed already:

when did you guys receive an email with the interview day events? My interview is this Friday but I still haven't received an email with any kind of directions.. wondering if i should call them tomorrow

Call them ASAP. The email has the time you are to sign in, an option for the hospital tour, and attachments of a campus map and a parking print-out.

Check your spam folder.

Has anyone heard from them or gotten a II recently? The have been pretty quite recently.

Has anyone heard from them or gotten a II recently? The have been pretty quite recently.
I got the call yesterday at 6pm. But I agree, seems like they've been quiet

Can anyone who has interviewed so far give any info about how the MMI's were? This will be my first experience with them.

Can anyone who has interviewed so far give any info about how the MMI's were? This will be my first experience with them.

Unfortunately, we signed a NDA, so cannot provide any specific info on the MMI's.

But here is a way that you could prepare for the ensuring awkwardness that will occur when you are taking them. If you have a friend/family member, have them ask you MMI questions randomly chosen online sitting across a desk. Make sure after they ask you the question, that they just stare at you with a blank expression for the entire time you are answering.

Reactions: 4 users
Unfortunately, we signed a NDA, so cannot provide any specific info on the MMI's.

But here is a way that you could prepare for the ensuring awkwardness that will occur when you are taking them. If you have a friend/family member, have them ask you MMI questions randomly chosen online sitting across a desk. Make sure after they ask you the question, that they just stare at you with a blank expression for the entire time you are answering.

Haha I love this!

Anyone got an II recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone got an II recently?

No, been checking this forum to know. I have been recently seeing completion checklist in the to-do list, but no II

Got 2 calls from an Unknown number in the middle of class. Do I call back or just wait?

Got 2 calls from an Unknown number in the middle of class. Do I call back or just wait?

Call back! I just received II this morning from TCOM. First II. IM SO EXCITED!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
I don't think you can call an unknown number back...you should check your portal and see if it has changed to interview status, then try finding a phone number for admissions on their website

I don't think you can call an unknown number back...you should check your portal and see if it has changed to interview status, then try finding a phone number for admissions on their website
Right, so I did check the portal and it seems like I have received an II!

Reactions: 2 users
Still haven't received a call back
after I called about my interview. Should I check with them again?

Still haven't received a call back
after I called about my interview. Should I check with them again?

Yes! Call them back. If your portal says II then you have one.

Would anyone know how this school handles sending in updates?

Is the interview solely an MMI, or is there an individual "Why DO" "Why medicine" "Why TCOM" portion of the interview? **repeat question that wasn't previously answered**

Is the interview solely an MMI, or is there an individual "Why DO" "Why medicine" "Why TCOM" portion of the interview? **repeat question that wasn't previously answered**

I heard it was going to be MMI only, but I wouldn't be surprised if those "why DO" questions were still asked as part of the MMI process.

I originally asked that question and just interviewed there last Friday. I can't say anything about what's on the MMI but there was no other part to the interview. The evaluation is solely on the MMI. The rest of the day is a group Q/A session with faculty and tours of the facility/hospital.

I originally asked that question and just interviewed there last Friday. I can't say anything about what's on the MMI but there was no other part to the interview. The evaluation is solely on the MMI. The rest of the day is a group Q/A session with faculty and tours of the facility/hospital.
Thank you so much! How stressful did you feel the MMI was? If you don't mind me asking!

Thank you so much! How stressful did you feel the MMI was? If you don't mind me asking!
Honestly it's a little different but there's no reason to be nervous at all! I didn't think it was that stressful. It's not really something you can prep for since you have no idea what they'll ask you but just think out loud while you answer because that's really all they want to know is how you think.

Will their office be open tomorrow?

Honestly it's a little different but there's no reason to be nervous at all! I didn't think it was that stressful. It's not really something you can prep for since you have no idea what they'll ask you but just think out loud while you answer because that's really all they want to know is how you think.
Thanks so much for the advice, I really appreciate it!

How many people are in your interview day?