2017-2018 UNTHSC Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
October 16th can't come soon enough.....this is my dream school and I'm dying to hear back already!!!!!

Fingers crossed for you! You better report back here and tell us the good news so we can be happy for you and live vicariously through your imminent success!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Got my II invite today, set for a Halloween interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind sharing your stats and when you were complete? Good luck on your interview!!!

Submitted secondary on 9/19, > 3.5 GPA, > 520 MCAT. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
I still haven't gotten an interview and I submitted in August. Should I contact them or continue to wait?

I still haven't gotten an interview and I submitted in August. Should I contact them or continue to wait?
Do not contact a school for a interview.

Reactions: 4 users
Finished my MMI @ UNT (LOVE the campus! I felt right at home!)
Although I can't answer super specific questions or give any info about the questions (due to confidentiality agreement), I can answer some general questions about the day and the MMI format, if anyone is worried.

Got my II this morning, missed the phone call because it was an unknown at 8am but they called back.

Transmitted at the end of August.

Dates available were OCT 31st NOV 7th and 14th.

Pretty excited. It's my first interview :)

Reactions: 1 users
Got my II this morning, missed the phone call because it was an unknown at 8am but they called back.

Good luck with your interview! You've got plenty of time to prepare :D

Congrats! Can you post your stats or PM me if you’re not comfortable posting here.

Last edited:
I didn't realize that submitting my application in September was considered late for TCOM. I completed my secondary on September 30 and my stats are below. What do you think my chances are of getting an interview?

OOS. MCAT 510. cGPA 3.5. sGPA 3.3.
Graduate GPA 3.9 (all science courses)

I didn't realize that submitting my application in September was considered late for TCOM. I completed my secondary on September 30 and my stats are below. What do you think my chances are of getting an interview?

OOS. MCAT 510. cGPA 3.5. sGPA 3.3.
Graduate GPA 3.9 (all science courses)

Your stats are fine for UNTHSC to be competitive. Only thing that might hold you back would be the lateness of your application. You could refer to previous years’ threads to get a better idea of when and to whom IIs were sent out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your stats are fine for UNTHSC to be competitive. Only thing that might hold you back would be the lateness of your application. You could refer to previous years’ threads to get a better idea of when and to whom IIs were sent out.

Thank you! I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Ayyyye my boyfriend who is in JAMP matched here today.

Anybody from the UNT master's program get II's here? I was told there's some kine of "linkage" based on GPA, but not completely sure. Thanks!

Anybody from the UNT master's program get II's here? I was told there's some kine of "linkage" based on GPA, but not completely sure. Thanks!
We were told there isn't any kind of linkage during orientation for the Master's program. Plus, we've only had 1 completed class added to our transcript, so I would assume TCOM wouldn't judge solely based on that one class. But idk tho.

I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep at all tonight :rofl: Good luck to all of the other OOS-ers waiting to hear back from here!!!!:corny:

Finished my MMI @ UNT (LOVE the campus! I felt right at home!)
Although I can't answer super specific questions or give any info about the questions (due to confidentiality agreement), I can answer some general questions about the day and the MMI format, if anyone is worried.
Did they ask you a lot of ethical stuff in the MMI? And do you really have to be up to date n current medical news?

Did they ask you a lot of ethical stuff in the MMI? And do you really have to be up to date n current medical news?

If that is your image in your avatar, you might change it for anonymity. Practice with the following:

upload_2017-10-15_23-1-6.png

upload_2017-10-15_23-1-37.png

upload_2017-10-15_23-2-0.png

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED VIA PORTAL JUST NOW!!!!! TOP CHOICE SCHOOL I AM SO HAPPY:soexcited:

Reactions: 10 users
ACCEPTED VIA PORTAL JUST NOW!!!!! TOP CHOICE SCHOOL I AM SO HAPPY:soexcited:

Congrats!!! I was accepted in September via Early Decision Program. It’s fun to start seeing the class grow! I can’t wait to meet everyone :)

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!!! I was accepted in September via Early Decision Program. It’s fun to start seeing the class grow! I can’t wait to meet everyone :)
That's awesome! Congrats to you too!!! Can't wait for the Facebook page to be made!!!

Just interviewed here today. I was very impressed. It really has a family vibe and feels really collaborative. One of the faculty members was telling my group about how some students stay at her house when they have short rotations in the area, before going somewhere else. Also it seems like there are a ton of opportunities to rotate in other cities and areas. They also gave us a copy of their match list for their last graduating class, it was quite impressive.

The MMI was not bad at all. Some interviewers were a bit intimidating with their emotionless faces, but it was mostly just active conversations. It didn't feel like something you could really prep for, you just had to be honest and confident.

Was that Dr. Cunningham? She's pretty cool. Better be ready for her during her lectures since she's very good at remembering names and will call you out in front of everyone.

We were told there isn't any kind of linkage during orientation for the Master's program. Plus, we've only had 1 completed class added to our transcript, so I would assume TCOM wouldn't judge solely based on that one class. But idk tho.

I'm a 4th year at TCOM who was in Medsci so my info is a little dated. The Medsci's did get invites, but the issue was that due to how many classes were taken by the time interviews rolled around, the decision to interview was more based on undergrad. You better believe it though that for ranking, your medsci gpa was very important. Most of the medsci's I know didn't get accepted till May (that's when I did too).

Congrats!!!

Mines still “under review” :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Mine was still under review on October 15th during my cycle and I ended up on the wait list. It’s not a bad place to be, so hopefully you’re on the waitlist at least!

Hey guys, I am a Texas resident and I have a 3.49 cGPA and a 3.29bcpmGPA with a 500 (50th%) MCAT and I submitted my secondary 9/21 SUPER LATE in my opinion but that was my circumstance :(.

Is there any chance for an interview?

August 4th. (First day)
No worries, I was actually accepted to another school today. So I will be withdrawing from here anyway :)!

Congratulations everyone!
Congrats on your acceptance!!!! Glad it all worked out for you :)

Hi all!! I'm a second year here at TCOM and I just wanted to say a quick hello! The school is absolutely phenomenal, and those who attend, even if just for an interview will love the atmosphere. Everyone is extremely friendly and will go above and beyond to help you. I realize that interview season is upon us and it's still quite early. For those of you who have gotten your II, that's great, congratulations!! For those who are still waiting impatiently and checking emails every other hour, RELAX.

There is absolutely no pattern in terms of the time when someone sends in their application and when they will get an II in return. My TMDSAS was sent in May, and my overall app was complete to TCOM in early June. I interviewed at the end of September. I didn't prematch anywhere while most of my friends did and it was so nerve wracking because I thought I wasn't going to get in, but ended up being accepted on Match day.

That being said, if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me! Good luck to all! :)

Hey @mdhopefulstx , trying to PM you, but I get an error message "you cannot start a conversation with the following receipients: mdhopefulstx"

I'm currently in the MedSci program and have received an II here. During our orientation, it was stated that there are no guaranteed seats for MedSci students, nor a certain fixed percentage of students that are guaranteed interviews. Hope this helps!

Hey guys, I am a Texas resident and I have a 3.49 cGPA and a 3.29bcpmGPA with a 500 (50th%) MCAT and I submitted my secondary 9/21 SUPER LATE in my opinion but that was my circumstance :(.

I have a friend who interviewed in November, waitlisted, and was accepted. His stats were relatively similar; his GPA was a decent amount higher, but his MCAT was a little lower.
I'm not sure how hopeful I'd be, but it's definitely not out of the question!

Hmm...I got a couple of unknown calls recently...Should I be concerned that I may have missed an invitation? Surely they follow up with other methods if calling doesn't work. I was at another interview and clearly couldn't return the call!

Hmm...I got a couple of unknown calls recently...Should I be concerned that I may have missed an invitation? Surely they follow up with other methods if calling doesn't work. I was at another interview and clearly couldn't return the call!
I would double check your voicemail, as they do leave one if you don't answer. Also check your status on the portal, it might say invited to interview if you've received a call.

I would double check your voicemail, as they do leave one if you don't answer. Also check your status on the portal, it might say invited to interview if you've received a call.

Thanks for your prompt response! I'm not seeing anything on the portal, and whoever it was did leave a voicemail, but it was only one second long. I'm wondering if I should call them to double-check (it would be a shame if that was the reason I couldn't go there) or if that would be the exact same thing as calling for an interview.

Thanks for your prompt response! I'm not seeing anything on the portal, and whoever it was did leave a voicemail, but it was only one second long. I'm wondering if I should call them to double-check (it would be a shame if that was the reason I couldn't go there) or if that would be the exact same thing as calling for an interview.
This happened to me, which is why I know lol. If you call, they will most likely tell you what they told me, which is that she always leaves a message. But since you have a weird message, you might still try? I did have the status change on my portal before I called them back though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Mine left a voicemail. I would imagine they would do it at least once for you too.

I wouldn't bother calling them unless your portal status has changed to "Invited to Interview" and it's been several days with no phone call/voicemail.

Does anyone know when TCOM stops calling people offering interviews? I know they interview till January, but how early in advance do they call? I'm just getting anxious

Low but possible!

Does anyone know when TCOM stops calling people offering interviews? I know they interview till January, but how early in advance do they call? I'm just getting anxious
Someone told me that they call for interviews 2 weeks - 1 month in advance. So hopefully we're still okay!!

You're not alone man, I'm also really hoping to hear from this school.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when TCOM will start offering scholarships for admitted students or when I'm supposed to start filling out the scholarship application?

Last edited:
Does anyone know when TCOM will start offering scholarships for admitted students or when I'm supposed to start filling out the scholarship application?
I do not know, but I would email someone in admissions and outreach to ask.

Make sure you apply to fafsa ASAP because you can get a decent grant (average of $2519) from TCOM. It's a needs-based grant so if you made too much money last year, you won't get it. I got an email last year on 12/12/16 from Mike saying scholarships were opened and they close February of the following year.