2017-2018 Weill Cornell Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not I, but according to a med student only 2 awards would be given. I imagine they awarded it sometime last week.
Sad

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How is the waitlist movement here? I really hope to hear back... :( Any fellow premeds on waitlist here?

Reactions: 6 users
BTW how was the FA situation here? good? bad?

Members don't see this ad :)
Officially withdrew from here earlier today. Liked my interview day but its finally time to leave the Cornell system. Hope my spot goes to one of you.

Reactions: 11 users
Withdrew the other day. Was offered a pretty nice need-based aid package, but it didn't stack up to other offers. I hope one of y'all gets my spot.

Reactions: 8 users
Withdrew today. Good luck to anyone waiting for that spot!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Wondering that too. Is there anyway to estimate based on their yield, The class size and how many acceptances are giving out?
Yo so idk how many are WLed, but at second look current students said like a third of their class came in from the waitlist. So I’d expect some good movement

Hey fam, does anybody have an idea of when the bulk of waitlist movement might occur? I don't want to sign a lease in a different city too soon, since this is my number one choice

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year shows that there was a lot of movement early to mid may.

Reactions: 1 users
From going through old threads, looks like sometime next weekend and the week after that for the first wave. I think someone called last year and they said the class was pretty much set end of June.

how long do you have to reply to the waitlist offer?

If you mean the waitlist offers sent on the first batch of decisions in early March, they asked that you reply by April 12th.

I think sbidegain meant if you get an admission offer off of the waitlist, how long do you have before you have to make a decision?

AMCAS traffic rules state that you should be given a minimum of 5 business days. I don't know about Cornell's policy in particular. I would call and ask if they didn't mention it in their initial email/phone call.

let's hope that's our problem....good luck to all of us!!! HOPING FOR SOME GOOD MOVEMENT!

I was pulled in May last year and was given two weeks to respond. It might vary based on when you're pulled though.

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!!!

I was pulled in May last year and was given two weeks to respond. It might vary based on when you're pulled though.

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!!!
hey, if u don't mind me asking, were you pulled off with another acceptance? Someone from last year's thread posted that they highly prefer people with no other acceptances and I was wondering how true you think this is

hey, if u don't mind me asking, were you pulled off with another acceptance? Someone from last year's thread posted that they highly prefer people with no other acceptances and I was wondering how true you think this is

Yes I had an acceptance elsewhere. I know other people who were pulled off the waitlist with other acceptances too, so I wouldn't worry about that!

How quickly did they get your financial aid package to you? Additionally, do you happen to know if family housing options are likely to still be available for those pulled off the wait list?

Thanks to all who withdrew their acceptances. I hope I am worthy enough to receive it this month.

Reactions: 3 users
Got email asking to confirm interest in waitlist, seems like usual from past years

Are you guys writing more than a sentence or two in response?

I'm going to stick to a sentence or two. The email simply asks to indicate whether or not we are interested in remaining on the waitlist.

I thought about writing another plea (i.e., PLEASE TAKE ME!!!) but I decided on simply one sentence stating that I am still interested.

I got one too and I kept it simple. like two to three sentences.

Seems like a lot of us are staying on the wait list. This should be interesting.

How quickly did they get your financial aid package to you? Additionally, do you happen to know if family housing options are likely to still be available for those pulled off the wait list?

I don’t remember about financial aid and in terms of housing, they don’t really do anything about it until later in the summer (when they ask if you’re going to live in Olin). I’m not sure about family housing and how that works, but if you meet the requirements you should still have a shot! Sorry for the long but unhelpful response haha.

Is anybody *not* staying on the waitlist? lol

Me, I'm not... will withdraw momentarily :). I've decided to go with Canada, for multiple reasons. GL to all you guys!
Congrats on making your decision!! :highfive: I think you're going to kill it at McGill

Me, I'm not... will withdraw momentarily :). I've decided to go with Canada, for multiple reasons. GL to all you guys!
i love to see you go but i hate to see u leave :'(

when can we expect some movement here?

Waiting on Weill like
skeleton-businessman-worked-to-death-in-office-picture-id903491592

when can we expect some movement here?
Looks like May 7th is when people started to see movement last year (this was on a Sunday). So potentially this weekend/next week.

Any acceptances off the waitlist yet???