2017-2018 Weill Cornell Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 first rejection. Kinda stings.
At least Cornell doesn't play the waiting game

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
but y'all are still in the regular md game still right? Dont beat yourself too hard!

Damn, Weill's PhD program ain't playing games.

rejected pre II mdphd. damn

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if Cornell is receptive to "in the area" notifications? I thought I remembered something on their website along the lines of "we encourage you to let us know if you're interviewing at other NYC schools", but I'm looking and can't seem to find anything. Thanks!

Does anyone know if Cornell is receptive to "in the area" notifications? I thought I remembered something on their website along the lines of "we encourage you to let us know if you're interviewing at other NYC schools", but I'm looking and can't seem to find anything. Thanks!
They are, I sent one a couple days ago.

Thank you! Did you send an email to any of the other NYC schools? I only remember seeing Cornell talk about it.
I only sent to Cornell, I know Sinai isn't receptive though.

Members don't see this ad :)
II here as well! So excited for Cornell :) Does anyone have any suggestions for how to tactfully ask for a different date?

Edit: Complete 7/11!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
II!! Juiced. Complete 8/5

Reactions: 6 users
Regarding interview scheduling, do we email them our top 5 choices of sessions or dates? (i.e. Can 2 of my choices be AM and PM sessions on the same day, or does each choice have to be a different date?)

II here, too! Damn, I keep seeing recurring avatars with II, ya'll better believe we'll be seeing each other at these interviews in NY come September.

To those who got a Columbia/Cornell 1-2 punch today, congrats! Looking forward to meeting you overachieving fools. For those who didn't, these schools don't do rolling admissions, so keep your head up. You've got the same chance we do if you get an II later on down the road.

Reactions: 4 users
II! IS, complete 7/19

Reactions: 2 users
Regarding interview scheduling, do we email them our top 5 choices of sessions or dates? (i.e. Can 2 of my choices be AM and PM sessions on the same day, or does each choice have to be a different date?)

The fact that each date has the options "AM, PM, or EITHER" makes me feel like each day only counts as one session, which is unfortunate because they only provided 6 dates!

Okay, this is a super dumb question – I noticed that in the email, they ask for a photo with a "full front view of your heads and shoulders". I have a very nice picture that I've been sending to other schools, but in it my shoulders are tilted while I'm looking at the camera. I know I should probably retake it to follow directions, but it won't look nearly as good as my current one (which was taken with good lighting and a good camera). Any thoughts?

Reactions: 1 users
The fact that each date has the options "AM, PM, or EITHER" makes me feel like each day only counts as one session, which is unfortunate because they only provided 6 dates!

Okay, this is a super dumb question – I noticed that in the email, they ask for a photo with a "full front view of your heads and shoulders". I have a very nice picture that I've been sending to other schools, but in it my shoulders are tilted while I'm looking at the camera. I know I should probably retake it to follow directions, but it won't look nearly as good as my current one (which was taken with good lighting and a good camera). Any thoughts?

I have the same problem and the same question. I think I'm just gonna use the good pic even though my head is tilted a bit.

So we don't find out about our interview date until the Friday before?!

so it doesn't seem like they have a pattern for first come first served. God know how they do this or what they're thinking.

Has anyone received a confirmation yet regarding interview date?

Sorry follow up question: do they send interviews throughout the whole day? or is it all sent out in the morning?

I have the same problem and the same question. I think I'm just gonna use the good pic even though my head is tilted a bit.

For anyone in the same situation, I sent in my original picture and received a confirmation that they got it. Doesn't seem like they had a problem with it!

Gosh, this might be my top choice school. Praying for at least an interview! Best of luck to all who've applied! :)