2017-2018 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I just submitted the secondary. Do I have to pay a secondary fee or anything or is that it?
You only pay it if you get an interview

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine disappeared for awhile too and then it reappeared just now as under review :|
Exact same here. Disappeared for a long time came back under review and still just two things on the checklist which isn't super encouraging, but I'm keeping my head up

So most people that have gotten an interview, their checklist had the letters on it? Did anyone get an II without having the letters on their checklist first? Mine still has only the 2 things

So most people that have gotten an interview, their checklist had the letters on it? Did anyone get an II without having the letters on their checklist first? Mine still has only the 2 things
From what they have said so far, they being admissions, they only pull your letters if they are considering you for an interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Late post but I was put on pre-interview hold ("decision deferred") on the 15th of August-I was complete on the 8th of August.

Does anyone have any idea what the post interview acceptance rate for WVSOM is?

Email and portal update
Ok, Thanks. My portal has been updated with a deferral for a while now, but no email yet. Idk if i should just ask them to wait until my new score comes out, but I don't want to delay a possible interview this early in the cycle. Besides, I called and they told me it's my SGPA that they have an issue with, not necessarily my MCAT score. Ill maybe call and ask their advice about that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am getting there on 9/9 for my interview on 9/11 so I have plenty of time if anyone is going to be there on those dates and wants to get together!

My DO rec letter got in yesterday and I got an email telling me to submit a copy of my green card. However, my application checklist is still not updated (still two items). I really want an II from this school :( Did anyone get an interview who turned in a letter after secondary submission?

My DO rec letter got in yesterday and I got an email telling me to submit a copy of my green card. However, my application checklist is still not updated (still two items). I really want an II from this school :( Did anyone get an interview who turned in a letter after secondary submission?

This specific school only needs your letters if you get an interview invite, so you are good.

But I only have two items on my checklist as my rec letters still don't show.

Okay, so what the admissions committee told me was that if they want you for an interview, your checklist should update and your letters should show. If that has not happened yet, then they most likely did not send you an interview invite yet. Since they are asking for your green card, I am assuming that they are still collecting necessary documents for your application before they send you an interview invite, to perhaps see if you are eligible.

Don't worry! Stay positive! The list will update ONCE you get an interview invite :)

Submitted my secondary on 8/2. I have been "under review" now for 2 weeks and have had my rec letters updated on my checklist now for 1 week exactly. I have not heard anything about status update or interview invite. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I contact them or continue to be patient? Thanks!

Submitted my secondary on 8/2. I have been "under review" now for 2 weeks and have had my rec letters updated on my checklist now for 1 week exactly. I have not heard anything about status update or interview invite. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I contact them or continue to be patient? Thanks!

That's weird. The committee told me that your letters should upload ONCE they invite you for an interview. I would check in with them, honestly.

Good luck!

I am in the same boat. Secondary 08-08-17, few hours later, email about prereqs, a day or so later, portal updated LoR's, and radio silence since then. My App Status doesn't say "under review" though, it says "decision Deferred" but never got the deferral email either.
I've called them a few times, and get diff answers.. if you call them, please update us.

But I only have two items on my checklist as my rec letters still don't show.

If it makes you feel better, my letters of rec were never updated on there (still aren't) and I got an II :) although I received an II a day after submitting my secondary so I'm not sure if I just missed it during that in between time or not

If it makes you feel better, my letters of rec were never updated on there (still aren't) and I got an II :) although I received an II a day after submitting my secondary so I'm not sure if I just missed it during that in between time or not
That is crazy good! :) Congrats

all letters received on portal, received the deferred decision email today:(

all letters received on portal, received the deferred decision email today:(

Same. Officially don't understand what this school is looking for. My stats are average/above average for this school and my ECs are pretty solid.

Same. Officially don't understand what this school is looking for. My stats are average/above average for this school and my ECs are pretty solid.
Idk if it is a good sign for me that I still haven't gotten the deferral email so far. But neither have I gotten an II :scared::wideyed:

Idk if it is a good sign for me that I still haven't gotten the deferral email so far. But neither have I gotten an II :scared::wideyed:

It probably means they haven't reviewed you yet. I'm starting to think they put people in piles immediately after reviewing: yes, no, maybe. Either way, it's a good sign!

It probably means they haven't reviewed you yet. I'm starting to think they put people in piles immediately after reviewing: yes, no, maybe. Either way, it's a good sign!

I pray that this is true lol

But all my letters are in, and my admissions status says "Decision Deferred". Been that way for a couple of weeks no deferral email

Last edited:
But all my letters are in, and me admissions status says "Decision Deferred". Been that way for a couple of weeks no deferral email

Oh! That's weird. I'm assuming it means deferred but you can email them.

I wonder whats the success rate of people getting an interview and accepted off of the deferred list

Reactions: 1 users

Did they also ask you for your green card/citizenship? And when did you submit your secondary? Thanks!

I submitted my secondary here over the weekend. Still listed as "under review." 3.8 sGPA, 3.8cGPA, 4.0 Grad, 502 MCAT

I submitted my secondary here over the weekend. Still listed as "under review." 3.8 sGPA, 3.8cGPA, 4.0 Grad, 502 MCAT
Great Stats, I can smell your II coming!

Last edited:
Rejected just now. Pre-II OOS reapplicant. Not exactly sure what this school is looking for. Good luck to everyone else!

So like my letters have been uploaded to the portal (since the beginning of August) and my status has been under review for a while now. I received an email roughly 2 wks ago about how they have many applications and limited interview slots but that my application is still under consideration after the first few months surge in submitted applications. Top choice here, so has anyone else experienced this? Do I still have a chance?

So like my letters have been uploaded to the portal (since the beginning of August) and my status has been under review for a while now. I received an email roughly 2 wks ago about how they have many applications and limited interview slots but that my application is still under consideration after the first few months surge in submitted applications. Top choice here, so has anyone else experienced this? Do I still have a chance?

Same exact situation as you!

Secondary submitted, was on the wait list last year. Here goes.

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected just now. Pre-II OOS reapplicant. Not exactly sure what this school is looking for. Good luck to everyone else!

I'm sorry to hear this, but did your checklist get updated with LOR? Mine still has 2 items and I was complete as of Monday so I'm pretty concerned.

I'm sorry to hear this, but did your checklist get updated with LOR? Mine still has 2 items and I was complete as of Monday so I'm pretty concerned.
Read a few pages back, they do not update letters for awhile. No need to panic

Same

For those of you who have "Applicant Status: Application Under Review," do you also have this below: e-pay (supplemental application fee)...you may pay your supplemental application fee via credit card by selecting the e-pay link below.

Not sure if this was always on this page, or if I am just seeing it now.

For those of you who have "Applicant Status: Application Under Review," do you also have this below: e-pay (supplemental application fee)...you may pay your supplemental application fee via credit card by selecting the e-pay link below.

Not sure if this was always on this page, or if I am just seeing it now.
Same