2017-2018 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an email about my application status. They told me that they have very limited interview spots available since this is the first few months and they have a higher volume of applicants at this time of the cycle.

edit: They have also updated my checklist with them receiving my physician/professor letters of rec.
Same :/ My portal says "application under review" still though...anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

I Interviewed last year missing a behavioral science pre-req. I was invited to interview in January and was waitlisted the next day. And I'm still here. :whistle:
Interesting. That's cool that you scored an interview! I'm beginning to feel that I should put an asterisk next to this school and focus on the schools closer to home that have actually invited. Travel ain't cheap!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have "Applicant status: Application Under Review" for me

Got a secondary today, got the completion email on 7/20 for my primary.

Did anybody who received an II get the email regarding their pre-requisites being listed as completed or non-completed?
I received a II and did get the email about pre-reqs about 2 days before interview email.

Man I feel like my secondaries will be underwhelming for this school. 500 characters?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got time to submit my secondary

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my secondary late last night, but did't receive any confirmation email that it went through. Is this normal?
Thanks!!

I submitted my secondary late last night, but did't receive any confirmation email that it went through. Is this normal?
Thanks!!

Normal! I emailed them asking about it and to confirm that they received my stuff, and they did!

II! Ahhhhh I'm so excited I just can't hide it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 6 users
Ahh, I hate that I got put on hold man! :( Congrats to all those with II's! :) Kick butt

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary Submitted! Does anyone know if they send interview invites to people who still have a pending DO LOR?

Congrats! I too submitted on Monday and got Decision Deferred. DO you mind sharing your stats? *see what I did there?* ;)

Lolol, how clever! I just messaged you, I'll rather not post my stats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone not received a secondary or is it just me lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone not received a secondary or is it just me lol

I got one yesterday afternoon and my GPA is not competitive. You seem to be the only one on this thread that did not get a secondary so maybe call them and see if they are still sending more out.

I got one yesterday afternoon and my GPA is not competitive. You seem to be the only one on this thread that did not get a secondary so maybe call them and see if they are still sending more out.

Damn I prob will Monday if I don't get one today lol

your grad GPA helps! Congrats on the secondary

Congrats to everyone who received IIs so far!! Unfortunately I'll be withdrawing my app here. Best of luck to all those still waiting :)

For a secondary question on how many additional hours are you planning on studying besides the 25 hours of class time. What did you guys say? I am little confused if I should also count the weekends?

For a secondary question on how many additional hours are you planning on studying besides the 25 hours of class time. What did you guys say? I am little confused if I should also count the weekends?

That's what I did. I kinda took that question as legit how many hours I plan on studying in a week, which includes weekends

I said 50. I'm not really sure of the minimum number they were looking for. I mean everyone who applies to medical school has kind of accepted that it's going to be their life for the next four years.

ARCOM. Huge sigh of relief as I was unsure that I would even get one interview, let alone one this early.
how long did it take ARCOM to send you a secondary after you submitted the primary?

how long did it take ARCOM to send you a secondary after you submitted the primary?
7/20 - Primary verified and sent
7/20 - ARCOM email notifying me that they received my primary
7/27 - ARCOM email with secondary
7/27 - Secondary sent (it took 5 minutes to complete)
8/2 - ARCOM email with interview invite

Reactions: 1 users
I love this 500 character limit. It really brings me back to basics!

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you with II, what was your MCAT? (If you don't mind sharing). Thanks!