2017-2018 Western Michigan University (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I have a phone interview coming up this weekend, haven't seen any others on here yet so the are officially offering phone interviews now.
There are actually other phone interviews at the top of the page with feedback after it took place. But congrats on the phoneterview invitation! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I have a phone interview coming up this weekend, haven't seen any others on here yet so the are officially offering phone interviews now.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but they have been offering phone interviews for several weeks now.

hey guys! M1 at WMed here. Let me know if you have any questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked my portal not expecting anything and saw that I had a telephone interview invite! Super quick turnaround time, I submitted my secondary a week ago and my experience review was done two days ago. IS LizzyM ~74

Just checked my portal not expecting anything and saw that I had a telephone interview invite! Super quick turnaround time, I submitted my secondary a week ago and my experience review was done two days ago. IS LizzyM ~74
+2 complete 7/28

Argh..experience review done 8/13, still no phoneterview invitation :mad:

In person II!! Phone interview completion email 9/17. IS

Reactions: 1 users
In person II! Got it today at 1:37 pm. IS.
Secondary complete: 8/1
Experience review start: 8/1
Experience review complete: 8/4
telephone interview offered: 8/9
telephone interview complete: 8/15
campus interview offered: 8/23

I'm so excited!!! My first II.

Hmmmm.... my Experiences Review Completed was 7/21 and have heard nothing yet. Should I be concerned? I feel like I shouldn't be yet, but can't help it

Hmmmm.... my Experiences Review Completed was 7/21 and have heard nothing yet. Should I be concerned? I feel like I shouldn't be yet, but can't help it
I wouldn't worry! It's still early. I've looked at threads from previous years for western and they offer phone interviews until like January. Plenty of time!

So how exactly do we schedule the phoneterview? Is there eventually an email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Telephone interview invite today! Experiences review completed 8/13/17, OOS.

Did anyone who received an on campus interview also get an email confirmation after they scheduled the date? :/

Did anyone who received an on campus interview also get an email confirmation after they scheduled the date? :/
I haven't gotten confirmation yet, but to be fair, most of the emails from them have take a while up to this point.

Telephone interview completed 8/15 and no on campus interview invite today, but we'll see for the future :/

Telephone interview completed 8/15 and no on campus interview invite today, but we'll see for the future :/
I had a friend who didn't get an invite until 4 months after the phone interview, and he was accepted. Keep your chin up!!

Just set up my phone interview date. No real way to prepare for this right?

Also got a phone II. I wonder if everyone is offered the phone interview?..... hmmm.

Just submitted my secondary and wondering what the online assessment is like. Any insight?

I completed my phone interview on 8/21 and received an email confirming that fact on 8/22. The next step on WMed's part is deciding whether or not to extend an in-person interview (as someone previously stated, they narrow down the pool at each step).

Previous dates of relevance:
Secondary Received 7/10
Secondary Submitted 7/16
Marked Complete 7/17
Phone Interview Offered 8/10

LizzyM ~70.

Just finished the phone interview. The interviewer was super nice, made me feel really at ease. Not sure how I did but hoping for the best. Just be yourselves guys!

Just submitted my secondary and wondering what the online assessment is like. Any insight?
It's a little bit like when you click on a buzzfeed link on facebook that says it will tell you something along the lines of what type of cheese you are, and then they ask you a bunch of multiple choice questions that seem irrelevant. Except its timed and you don't get to find what type of cheese you are.

Reactions: 5 users
It's a little bit like when you click on a buzzfeed link on facebook that says it will tell you something along the lines of what type of cheese you are, and then they ask you a bunch of multiple choice questions that seem irrelevant. Except its timed and you don't get to find what type of cheese you are.

I took one of those once and got Jon Snow, so pretty sure I aced this assessment

Just got the rejection email, feels kind of early but glad I don't get false hopes up.

Good luck to everyone else here!

Completed my phone interview today! It took about 15 minutes and wasn't bad at all. There's no way to prepare for it really. Don't be afraid to ask the interviewer to clarify questions or ask for time to think. Now time to check my email every 5 minutes for an II.

Reactions: 2 users
Completed my phone interview today! It took about 15 minutes and wasn't bad at all. There's no way to prepare for it really. Don't be afraid to ask the interviewer to clarify questions or ask for time to think. Now time to check my email every 5 minutes for an II.
Yeah, my interviewer specifically said there is no penalty for taking time to think! However it might also be comforting to know I didn't take any time and basically word vomited and it didn't go perfectly and I got an II lol

Reactions: 2 users
got a second "we've received your amcas" email this morning, but I've already completed a phone interview... lol mini heart attack

Reactions: 4 users
got a second "we've received your amcas" email this morning, but I've already completed a phone interview... lol mini heart attack

Waiting on a decision whether or not to phone interview and I got it too... thought it was a phone interview email! Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

That phone interview was definitely awkward but not too bad! The interviewer was nice, it was just so nerve-racking to not be able to see her facial expressions so I could know when to stop rambling :bang: