2017-2018 Western U of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.
Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-DO mods (AlteredScale, bacchus, or chizledfrmstone) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone gotten a secondary from here? I feel like most DO schools have already sent out theirs, but this one seems to be taking longer :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they specifically screen for supplemental apps?

Do they specifically screen for supplemental apps?

I think there is some sort of screening process because it says "Applicants who meet our requirements are sent an electronic link to the secondary application" on their site.

I think there is some sort of screening process because it says "Applicants who meet our requirements are sent an electronic link to the secondary application" on their site.
I feel like that's for most schools they send secondary to those that meet their requirements, but some schools like CUSOM, check requirements but they don't provide secondaries to all, but they are very selective.

Last year, the first secondary (on SDN) came on July 8th, so hopefully they start rolling in later this week!

Anyone know where the discussion thread for 2017-2018 WesternU Lebanon campus is?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still no secondary. I skimmed last year's thread and the earliest date I found was 7/8/16.

glad i'm not the only one who still hasnt gotten a secondary!

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a separate forum for the Lebanon campus?

Any info? Maybe even confirmation emails like most schools?

Holy wow, Western! Where the secondaries at?

While shadowing a physician, what did the experience do to solidify your desire/ambition to become an osteopathic physician? (500 words)

What was your most memorable community service activity and how did it impact you? (500 words)

What is your specific interest in the osteopathic medicine program at COMP Pomona Campus? (500 words)

Describe why you see yourself as a great "fit" for our school. (500 words)

Is there anything in your application that you would like to explain to the Admissions Committee? (500 words)

Reactions: 1 users
While shadowing a physician, what did the experience do to solidify your desire/ambition to become an osteopathic physician? (500 words)

What was your most memorable community service activity and how did it impact you? (500 words)

What is your specific interest in the osteopathic medicine program at COMP Pomona Campus? (500 words)

Describe why you see yourself as a great "fit" for our school. (500 words)

Is there anything in your application that you would like to explain to the Admissions Committee? (500 words)

Thanks!!

Secondary received! Wish I could submit and be complete today but my DO letter of rec has been lagging for months.

Do they prescreen?

Last edited:
Just received the secondary! For both campuses it looks like

for the research question, what do we upload? Can we upload a powerpoint slide that has my name and project information on it? I never got published for it, so should I ignore it?

Anybody having trouble submitting? It keeps telling me there is an error with the reference letters in that a physician letter has not been indicated, although I have indicated on that page which letter was from a physician :shrug: