2017-2018 Western U of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just finished the interview today!! Met some really nice and amazing applicants. And now I join the waiting game haha. For those at that two week mark just remember that although a decision is made in 2 weeks that doesn't mean you will get it on the 14th day because they mail the decisions I'm pretty sure.

True, but they also mentioned we could check the portals HAHA. Or maybe I imagined them to say that to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thought today may be the day.. probably not.. forgot the time difference

Thought today may be the day.. probably not.. forgot the time difference

Nono! I think last year, they didn't send out decisions until after 5pm PST! So keep your anxiety high, just like the rest of us! :D

Reactions: 2 users
Well I'm calling it for today! Bummer, I was all hyped about getting some info today haha. Oh well, there is always tomorrow I guess!

Well I'm calling it for today! Bummer, I was all hyped about getting some info today haha. Oh well, there is always tomorrow I guess!

Just called WesternU. They said they’re not sending any acceptances out until they’re done trolling us and watching our reaction.

Just called WesternU. They said they’re not sending any acceptances out until they’re done trolling us and watching our reaction.
Gotta entertain themselves somehow.... sucks..... but I get it ;p haha oh boy this process is fun

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
This might be a silly question but the portal is where you originally have your application checklist and it changes as your application status changes, right? I was processed by EDS on 9/15 so I haven't seen any changes other than the green check marks

This might be a silly question but the portal is where you originally have your application checklist and it changes as your application status changes, right? I was processed by EDS on 9/15 so I haven't seen any changes other than the green check marks

That's correct, but after all the check marks have turned green, the next step is receiving an email that they are inviting you for an interview. The portal will have an additional section that says "your interview" and some information under that.

Just finished the interview today!! Met some really nice and amazing applicants. And now I join the waiting game haha. For those at that two week mark just remember that although a decision is made in 2 weeks that doesn't mean you will get it on the 14th day because they mail the decisions I'm pretty sure.

Was it in Lebanon? Just curious if it's open file, if they have primary and/or secondary?

II for Pomona campus! Snagged the 10/05 interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone going to Lebanon tonight. Can't make the pizza social and wondering if anyone else is coming in later that would like to grab dinner or a drink.

Saw a post a couple pages earlier about the next steps section getting removed pre-interview invite or rejection. I noticed this on mine about a week ago, but still haven't heard anything. I'm assuming this probably means a rejection, but does anyone know for sure?

II for Pomona campus! Snagged the 10/05 interview.
Wait there is Oct. 5th open? I got II on Wed and the earliest available is Nov. 9th... Or maybe they just don't like me enough to offer something earlier...

Was it in Lebanon? Just curious if it's open file, if they have primary and/or secondary?

Mine was Pomona and neither of my interviewers had read my file but I was told it could be open file. Not sure how that works.

EDS 8/10 and still no word. Anyone else in a similar situation? Should I be concerned?

II, complete early august. ORM, TRADITIONAL, IS

Ok, just to be clear, for lebanon campus after the interview, we are expecting a phone call, an e-mail, a portal update or a letter in the mail depending on accepted, rejected or waitlisted? How will we be notified about rejection and being waitlisted? Will we be able to see that on the portal or wait for a rejection letter in the mail?

Ok, just to be clear, for lebanon campus after the interview, we are expecting a phone call, an e-mail, a portal update or a letter in the mail depending on accepted, rejected or waitlisted? How will we be notified about rejection and being waitlisted? Will we be able to see that on the portal or wait for a rejection letter in the mail?

They said they will send out a letter in the mail after they make a decision. I've heard people say they got a call from Dr.Pham, others said they received an email when they were selected to be an alternate, not sure about rejection. Hope this helps!

I really hope today's the day for Pomona 9/7!

Reactions: 4 users
II. What did everyone think of the school who have interviewed?

I interviewed at Pomona on 9/7 and I friggen LOVED everything about the school - the students, staff, curriculum, facilities, extensive rotational connections throughout CA. Not to mention, so-cal is the place to be. Haha. The only thing that felt a little meh was the individual interview. But that was just a personality thing. I didn't have anything in common with my interviewers, so it didn't turn into a conversation like most of my interviews do. But they were nice enough.

The questions they asked in the individual interview were actually really cool questions that were aimed at trying to get to the root of who you are, why you would fit their school, and evaluate your level of maturity - e.g. can you discuss your failures honestly without making excuses, can you discuss your weaknesses without freaking out about them, can you think about the bigger picture, etc.

As far as the MMIs go, they were really enjoyable. We can't discuss the actual questions, but just know they are REALLY great actors. Haha. My best advice is to be yourself and just have fun with them!

I interviewed at Pomona on 9/7 and I friggen LOVED everything about the school - the students, staff, curriculum, facilities, extensive rotational connections throughout CA. Not to mention, so-cal is the place to be. Haha. The only thing that felt a little meh was the individual interview. But that was just a personality thing. I didn't have anything in common with my interviewers, so it didn't turn into a conversation like most of my interviews do. But they were nice enough.

The questions they asked in the individual interview were actually really cool questions that were aimed at trying to get to the root of who you are, why you would fit their school, and evaluate your level of maturity - e.g. can you discuss your failures honestly without making excuses, can you discuss your weaknesses without freaking out about them, can you think about the bigger picture, etc.

As far as the MMIs go, they were really enjoyable. We can't discuss the actual questions, but just know they are REALLY great actors. Haha. My best advice is to be yourself and just have fun with them!
Did the curriculum change at all? I went to an orientation at the Lebanon campus and the first 6 weeks or something were 100% anatomy. Is that how it still is?

Did the curriculum change at all? I went to an orientation at the Lebanon campus and the first 6 weeks or something were 100% anatomy. Is that how it still is?

The curriculum is changing. When you hear from older threads about WesternU having lots of "BS" coursework, most of those courses will be eliminated. The admissions committee spoke about how they are trying to give students more time to study for their boards and to eliminate crossing over of subject material in class.

I'm not sure about the Lebanon campus, but for Pomona there's the option to enroll in 6-week intensive anatomy course that you'd take during the summer PRIOR to your first semester. You have to be invited and it costs $$$. But this is not a requirement.

I'm not sure about the Lebanon campus, but for Pomona there's the option to enroll in 6-week intensive anatomy course that you'd take during the summer PRIOR to your first semester. You have to be invited and it costs $$$. But this is not a requirement.

It is offered at the Lebanon campus. I believe it is called ISAC. It not only allows you to take anatomy earlier, but it gives you the opportunity to be a TA/tutor when the school year starts. It does cost money, but it is also a shorter amount of time to learn anatomy. However, you get anatomy done and could use the extra time to study for the other courses or TA as mentioned.

Got the call from the associate dean a few days ago. Told to expect a letter in the mail. Im going to be a doctor!!
(interviewed early sept, pomona.)

Reactions: 4 users
Got the call from the associate dean a few days ago. Told to expect a letter in the mail. Im going to be a doctor!!
(interviewed early sept, pomona.)
Congratulations! Did your portal change?

Reactions: 1 users
Wow that is crazy turn around time! I got marked by EDS on 9/13. Good luck!
Yes, I was surprised myself! Hang in there!
Life has this way of working itself out. I hope to see your II post soon. BOL!