2017-2018 Western U of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! What does your portal look like?

No change yet.
And idk if anyone cares but no DO shadowing and no DO letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!Interviewed 10/5ish. Got the call today! Surprising given I was getting roasted in the interview. Especially with the "Why DO questions)511, 3.9, CA resident. Non URM, Traditional. No DO shadowing experience!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
is it too late for an II? I submitted my secondary 08/12 and it was verified 08/23. Since then it’s been silence. I called admissions on Wednesday just to make sure everything was okay with my app and she said that the latest status update was 09/27 stating that it is in review, which means I should hear a response within a week or so. Is that a bad sign? I’m an in-state resident so I’m freaking out

congrats! What time did you get the email? It seems promising that they aren't going based on the complete dates. I was complete 8/31, but my application still says under review...fingers crossed

My apologies about the late reply. I recieved the email in the morning. This is my second time applying to Western. The first time I applied in October (the application cycle opened in august, but i was unsure of applying to DO) and was offered an interview in March then waitlisted. During my first attempt, i rememeber interviewing with candidates that applied in August/September. I know its tough, but be patient and have faith in your application and the body of work youve created.

II for 11/09 a couple of days ago for the Pomona Campus. Already did my interview for the Lebanon campus a while ago and haven't heard back yet, but honestly that campus was not for me. Hoping that this campus will be more my cup of tea!

Edit: Completed 08/24

Last edited:
II for 11/09 a couple of days ago for the Pomona Campus. Already did my interview for the Lebanon campus a while ago and haven't heard back yet, but honestly that campus was not for me. Hoping that this campus will be more my cup of tea!
Complete date?

Does anyone know when the second deposit is due?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it looks like they are going in order of completed dates!

Members don't see this ad :)
What the heck... Thought I was rejected from this school because my EDS was checked on 08/22. I just checked my application status and it said they received my LOR's two weeks ago... What does this mean?

What the heck... Thought I was rejected from this school because my EDS was checked on 08/22. I just checked my application status and it said they received my LOR's two weeks ago... What does this mean?

I was verified on 08/23, so I'm right there with you with the uncertainty! My checklist doesn't even say anything about my LOR's though. I just assumed they were already there through AACOMAS. I called them last week, though, and they said I should hear back within a week or so, so maybe it's the same for you!

Can someone explain this to me?
Date for "Processed by Enrollment Data Services (EDS)" before was showing Aug 31 but somehow for today it is showing Oct 30. How can the date for when my application was processed change from Aug 31 to Oct 30?
Everything was submitted before Aug 31 so it's not that they got some new information now that may have changed the date. Does this mean they just reviewed my file?

Hopefully those who interviewed on 10/12 hear back tomorrow!
:boom:

Reactions: 1 users
Do they email you the interview invite? B/c I just checked my portal and it says I've been selected for an interview. I don't even know when this populated because I haven't checked it over the past week. Now I'm afraid I may have even overlooked it. Processed 10/10/17.

Do they email you the interview invite? B/c I just checked my portal and it says I've been selected for an interview. I don't even know when this populated because I haven't checked it over the past week. Now I'm afraid I may have even overlooked it. Processed 10/10/17.

Try and schedule your date and I would call tomorrow to confirm. But I doubt its a mistake. I personally was e-mailed and my portal updated at the same time basically.

I was emailed a day after my portal updated

Haven't heard anything from Pamona. My mcat is 511...

Haven't heard anything from Pamona. My mcat is 511...

Similar MCAT and no love. For some odd reason, DO schools don't really seem to care much about MCAT, which is strange given it's the only standardized way of comparing academic abilities between applicants.

Also, it's 'Pomona'.

Similar MCAT and no love. For some odd reason, DO schools don't really seem to care much about MCAT, which is strange given it's the only standardized way of comparing academic abilities between applicants.

Also, it's 'Pomona'.
Yup I hear you. Have 514 and still nothing...

Ya'll, even at MD schools, there is more than the MCAT. A good MCAT score helps for sure, but it isn't gonna entitle you an interview everywhere you apply because your application is a lot more than the MCAT alone. Hopefully you guys will all hear something soon! Still a decent amount of time for II.

Current second year. Keep in mind that CA applicants have an overall 14-17% chance of getting accepted into ANY CA school due to the massive numbers of applicants our university systems churn out. WesternU has the option to pick from a lot of high MCAT applicants. It seems like they did that with the class before me and after me. Both of those classes seem pretty neurotic/grades-focused. My class is very frat-like but scoring a bit below the traditional averages in classes.

They're probably trying to find the best of both worlds. There has been a faculty member who said that some students admitted to c/o 2019 should not been accepted due to ~"personality issues". I get that feeling with some of the 2021 students. All I can say is that I hope you guys have decent writing ability if you're wondering when you're getting II's.

Also, it's 'Pomona'.

Due all respect to your achievement on the MCAT, I doubt it's the only way to compare applicants, especially when to compare their academic abilities. Compared to MD schools, DO schools have been historically known to have a deeper and wholistic way of evaluating their applicants, where MCAT is only a small piece of the big picture. Besides, even worse, having a higher MCAT score might even be an indication of that the person has already applied to MD schools as well, and that he/she is trying keep the DO schools on the back burner until all of his/her hopes to get accepted to an MD school have been extinguished. So, how about informing the DO schools' adcoms upfront with your MD school applications instead of bragging about your, so called "higher", MCAT scores? Please, no offense! I'm trying to void this "DO schools have to accept me because I've a higher MCAT score" argument. No school has to accept you; you're one in hundreds of thousands of applicants. I'd just let the adcom do their work along with your fate and/or luck.

#holisticreview
#yieldprotection

Current second year. Keep in mind that CA applicants have an overall 14-17% chance of getting accepted into ANY CA school due to the massive numbers of applicants our university systems churn out. WesternU has the option to pick from a lot of high MCAT applicants. It seems like they did that with the class before me and after me. Both of those classes seem pretty neurotic/grades-focused. My class is very frat-like but scoring a bit below the traditional averages in classes.

They're probably trying to find the best of both worlds. There has been a faculty member who said that some students admitted to c/o 2019 should not been accepted due to ~"personality issues". I get that feeling with some of the 2021 students. All I can say is that I hope you guys have decent writing ability if you're wondering when you're getting II's.

I'd prefer spending my 4-year med school life and beyond side-by-side with those teammates in such a class. I don't want to pay that high a tuition to torture myself at med school, God forbid. I even don't want to visit a neurotic doctor in my personal life nor do I recommend him/her to any of my friends or loved ones. I don't know, maybe I'm still a human.

I'd prefer spending my 4-year med school life and beyond side-by-side with those teammates in such a class. I don't want to pay that high a tuition to torture myself at med school, God forbid. I even don't want to visit a neurotic doctor in my personal life nor do I recommend him/her to any of my friends or loved ones. I don't know, maybe I'm still a human.

Sorry I’m finding it hard to figure out the relevance between what he/she said and what you said.

I think they were just informing us of what their opinion of the students in the current classes are like?

Sorry I’m finding it hard to figure out the relevance between what he/she said and what you said.

I think they were just informing us of what their opinion of the students in the current classes are like?

I was basically saying that I wish I'd end up in a frat-like class instead of that full of neurotics because what he said was "My class is very frat-like but scoring a bit below the traditional averages in classes."

Is going to the preview going to help me out at all?

10/12 Pomona interview would expect to hear back in the next few days?

Accepted just now to the Lebanon campus! Interviewed 10/21.

Accepted this evening for the Lebanon campus. Interviewed 10/21 (felt like I bombed it). 3.85/516, traditional, MA resident.

First one!

Just curious, for Pomona, does anyone know how many interview dates there has been so far. and For many people per interview?

Accepted this evening for the Lebanon campus. Interviewed 10/21 (felt like I bombed it). 3.85/516, traditional, MA resident.

First one!
Congrats!!! It is a great campus and school. You obviously have a lot of other II to take care of, but it definitely is a relief to get that first one and know you get to be a doc!

Accepted to pomona by phone call. Interviewed 10/12. My portal still hasn't changed and I haven't gotten an email or the letter (In case you were neurotically checking like I was lol)

Reactions: 8 users
This may be a really stupid question, but is the portal for WesternU the apply.westernu.edu application status page or is it through banapps? I tried logging in through banapps, but it only gave me the option to start a new application for DPT and nothing on my current app status. I just want to make sure that I’m obsessively checking the correct link

Accepted to pomona by phone call. Interviewed 10/12. My portal still hasn't changed and I haven't gotten an email or the letter (In case you were neurotically checking like I was lol)
Congratulations that's awesome! What color group were you? Is this a top choice for you?

Is there another forum for the Lebanon campus, or have people been using this? How long did it take to hear back after secondary? Anyone know how often committee meetS?

Congratulations that's awesome! What color group were you? Is this a top choice for you?
Thanks man! Yeah it is a top choice, I'm actually about to drop my other interviews right now and I was in Red.

Just curious, for Pomona, does anyone know how many interview dates there has been so far. and For many people per interview?
First interview was on 9/7. There are 2 interview days per month. Each interview day has 56 candidates.