2017-2018 Western U of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed on 11/9 heard back yet? I remember admissions staff telling our group that we would hear back before Thanksgiving but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Heartbroken for the 3rd and final time. I guess it just wasn't meant to be with WesternU. I took their advice after being on interview hold last year with re-taking several pre-requistes and got a 4.0 in all of them. Submitted in August and just now got rejected. Letters from their own professors and volunteering with their programs.... I wanted to go here so badly. Oh well. Good luck to the rest of you!
just got rejected? I think i might have as well. Sent me an update but i have yet to check my emails

Rejected as well :( Anyone know if we can get feedback on our application to improve for next cycle from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected but idc cuz I wasn't too stoked about the program anyway LOL. Peace out, Western U!

Good luck to everyone else in the running!

Lol, rejected Pomona. Bye bye home, hello out-of-state.
Was submitted late sept.
:(

Maybe I should have gone to more than one of their local events.

Lol, rejected Pomona. Bye bye home, hello out-of-state.
Was submitted late sept.
:(

Maybe I should have gone to more than one of their local events.
Happened to me as well. It's a rough feeling I know :(
I will say I went to many of the local events at one of my instate schools and was rejected by them fairly early, I don't think this makes a huge difference, mostly just gives you something to talk about.

Members don't see this ad :)
International student, II coming soon. Can someone give me some advice about the MMI? (First time MMI) Thank you!!

I submitted my secondaries 08/10 but haven't seen any changes in my applicant status. Is this them giving me a silent rejection?

I submitted my secondaries 08/10 but haven't seen any changes in my applicant status. Is this them giving me a silent rejection?
Nope, not hearing anything back is actually great,

Reactions: 4 users
I want to send in an update letter, do I just submit it where it says supplemental upload on the app? Or do I email someone?

I want to send in an update letter, do I just submit it where it says supplemental upload on the app? Or do I email someone?
I think you can first upload to the system, and send an email to the Admission to see if they have received your doc. In this case, you can be 100% sure your doc is uploaded to your file.

Is anyone accepted here also considering CCOM? I'd love to hear some people's thoughts on the two.

Hmm..I wonder why they're skipping over my application? I was complete mid September...

I sent an email 3 weeks ago with no reply. I think your best bet is to call instead and ask about the best way to send in your update letter

I sent an email 3 weeks ago with no reply. I think your best bet is to call instead and ask about the best way to send in your update letter
Was it an update email or checking in email?

ITS SO SMALL AND EXPENSIVE. LIKE TINY!!!!

Yes i saw definitely small and i thought expensive but it includes cable, WiFi, Laundry, water, trash and parking. And can have dog up to 50lbs so although it’s tiny those things are appealing.

Yes i saw definitely small and i thought expensive but it includes cable, WiFi, Laundry, water, trash and parking. And can have dog up to 50lbs so although it’s tiny those things are appealing.
I mean I've been to the campus and I've checked out the room..for Pomona, you could definitely find something cheaper and way bigger around the area. The only + about the rooms is that it's literally 2 steps away from your classes. Like you could roll out of bed and attend class.

Reactions: 2 users
highly possible that they're skipping? Wouldn't they give me an R by now
You are not rejected until they actually update your account as rejected. They probably are not sure yet if they want to interview you and keep placing your app on backburner until other apps are reviewed. Do not lose hope!

You are not rejected until they actually update your account as rejected. They probably are not sure yet if they want to interview you and keep placing your app on backburner until other apps are reviewed. Do not lose hope!
Darn :( I even went to Preview Day..thinking of just sending an update letter >_<

highly possible that they're skipping? Wouldn't they give me an R by now
The process of application review is not usually well known, but for most schools, the general consensus is that applications are not necessarily reviewed in order. Sometimes applications are split among different reviewers and some reviewers maybe be slower than others. Just because someone after you has been reviewed doesn't mean you have been passed over or silently rejected. Don't worry, you're still in the game!

Reactions: 1 users
Can any students comment on the Daumier Housing on campus?

During my interview day, the vibe I got from the current students was that most of them live in the Daumier Housing on campus. Main reason was that it made going to and from campus very convenient and they all basically said that as a med student you need all the time you can have in a day so might as well reduce the amount of time it takes to get from your room to campus.

Hi everyone!

I am interviewing next week at Pomona Campus.
Can anyone who interviewed here share your experience in detail? It seems like "interview will not be friendly" is what most of you are saying regarding this school.

Also, if I am interviewing next week, am I early or late in the cycle for this specific school? There were 2 interview date options given to me, one in December (next week) and one in late January. You think it's wise to push my interview day to January so I can prepare myself more since interview is going to arduous? I have zero experience in MMI as well. What is your advice on preparing for MMI?

What is post interview acceptance rate here?

I know I am asking a lot of questions.
I would really appreciate anyone who can help me find answers to these questions.

Thank you in advance!

II yesterday to the Lebanon campus! OOS, LizzyM 68, and complete October 2nd. Any airline or hotel suggestions?

To those who interviewed 11/9, I have a feeling tomorrow is the day we hear back...this anxiety gives me flashbacks to the day before MCAT score release.:eek:

1sr year here. Sorry to hear of those rejected--hopefully you get in somewhere just as good or better!

I can answer any questions you may have. In addition, providing your LizzyM with your rejection or acceptance can be very helpful for other users. I find it helpful myself, since I have an interest in where the school is headed and why they make certain choices. The admissions process is truly a crapshoot and one thing is sure, don't take the decisions personally. There are some in my class that I literally can't believe got accepted (especially since med school is a seller's market and there were over 10k applicants to COMP last year) and others who are geniuses you'd expect to encounter in an ivy league context. Anyways, this process is ridiculous for everyone involved.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to contact the school to see why they were rejected/how to improve their application? I'm positive for me it was a stats thing, but would like to see if I could get some feedback in case there were any other red flags? Currently working on GPA improvement right now, but want to make sure I'm covering all my bases in case of re-app next cycle.

Heartbroken for the 3rd and final time. I guess it just wasn't meant to be with WesternU. I took their advice after being on interview hold last year with re-taking several pre-requistes and got a 4.0 in all of them. Submitted in August and just now got rejected. Letters from their own professors and volunteering with their programs.... I wanted to go here so badly. Oh well. Good luck to the rest of you!

Im sorry to hear this. As a third time applicant I understand the resolve it takes to continually improve yourself and your application. I hope your efforts dont go unnoticed to other schools.

Last edited: