2017-2018 Western U of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In case you haven't checked your status in the past day, I just checked mine and it said I was invited for interview, however, I never received an email. I tried calling, but no one answered, so I continued to fill out the interview info (earliest Sept 7) as though it was real.

Usual Q/A info:
Submitted: 7/31; EDS check: 8/10
cGPA: 3.5ish, sGPA: 3.6ish, MCAT: 510
IS; no URM

Good luck

Is this for Pomona or Lebanon?

Members don't see this ad.

Pomona (I only applied there in case that means anything with the process haha)

I checked my portal and I have one there too with no confirmation email. I have a II with their other campus as well so it might just be delayed sending the email to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have an interview 10/21 flying in on Friday want to split a rental car. I just reserved one at the Portland airport.

II for Pomona campus! Still didn't submit my Lebanon secondary but will get to it this weekend!

II for Pomona! complete 8/6, OOS

II for Pomona!! 10/12. Wish it was sooner! I know they interviewed like 700 people for 220 spots on last available data, anyone know how many accepted though versus matriculated. I saw the data after my Lebanon II but at the time I didn't care to look at Pomona and now I can't find it? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
II at pomona as well. LizzyM ~66, nontrad, OOS. complete 8/16

Oh boy... I'm getting nervous.

I submitted 8/12 and didn't get an II yet... :((

Oh boy... I'm getting nervous.

I submitted 8/12 and didn't get an II yet... :((

You're sitting on 3 II's so far, you have already proven yourself to be a desirable candidate. Don't beat yourself up too much, though I personally think it's far too soon to be concerned yet!

You're sitting on 3 II's so far, you have already proven yourself to be a desirable candidate. Don't beat yourself up too much, though I personally think it's far too soon to be concerned yet!

Yea you're right... I guess I'm just going crazy because Western's one of my top choices.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you with interview invitations, when we're you marked complete by the EDS?

For those of you with interview invitations, when we're you marked complete by the EDS?

II for both campuses on 8/22 and 8/24, both of my invites were preceded by EDS being completed the following day.

II for both campuses on 8/22 and 8/24, both of my invites were preceded by EDS being completed the following day.
So you got the interview before you were marked complete by EDS? When was your secondary submitted?

So you got the interview before you were marked complete by EDS? When was your secondary submitted?

Sorry, I was distracted when I wrote that and messed up. EDS completed, interview invite the following day.

II for Pomona!! 10/12. Wish it was sooner! I know they interviewed like 700 people for 220 spots on last available data, anyone know how many accepted though versus matriculated. I saw the data after my Lebanon II but at the time I didn't care to look at Pomona and now I can't find it? :)

I'll see you there!

I don't know about this campus specifically, but I've read that schools accept 2-3x as many applicants as they have seats for. I'm guessing we have a ~2/3s shot at acceptance following an II.

Anyone else feeling less and less important as more and more people are getting IIs?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else feeling less and less important as more and more people are getting IIs?

lol it is definitely sample bias. SDN represents students that are way more informed / prepared then the average applicant regardless of stats.

heyyy anyone going to preview day in pomona this saturday?

I also have not received a secondary and I submitted my primary on 6/6

If you still haven't received a secondary I would contact them. I submitted and was verified on 8/11. Received secondary 8/21 with MCAT pending.

If you still haven't received a secondary I would contact them. I submitted and was verified on 8/11. Received secondary 8/21 with MCAT pending.

Who would you recommend contacting? I submitted on 6/6 and still havent heard anything back.

Don't worry, it's not just you! I submitted on 8/6 and I'm still not processed by EDS either :(
EDS just got back to me today that one of my letters were not on a letterhead, so hopefully yours is soon! Also something just showed up on my portal about awaiting planned MCAT? Anyone else get this? I took my MCAT back in May and that's underneath it.

ok.png
Received CAS Application 07/28/2017
cancel.png
Awaiting Planned MCAT
cancel.png
Awaiting Processed by Enrollment Data Services (EDS)
ok.png
Received MCAT (taken after 2015) Score Report
Test Date: 5/2017
Test Date: 8/2015

EDS just got back to me today that one of my letters were not on a letterhead, so hopefully yours is soon! Also something just showed up on my portal about awaiting planned MCAT? Anyone else get this? I took my MCAT back in May and that's underneath it.

ok.png
Received CAS Application 07/28/2017
cancel.png
Awaiting Planned MCAT
cancel.png
Awaiting Processed by Enrollment Data Services (EDS)
ok.png
Received MCAT (taken after 2015) Score Report
Test Date: 5/2017
Test Date: 8/2015

This exact same thing happened to me so I called Donna and they fixed it immediately.

This exact same thing happened to me so I called Donna and they fixed it immediately.
They fixed it for me just now too! I was getting worried lol

Does anyone know the interview : acceptance ratio for this school?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I read from an adcom on here (Goro?) that schools need to accept 2-3 students to fill one seat. I'm sure that range fluctuates significantly depending on how desirable the school is.

I just posted the actual numbers above. For those too lazy to click, last year they interviewed 304, and made offers to 217 for a post interview acceptance rate of 71%
Lol. Thanks for the data! The drop from applications to secondaries was surprising to me..

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I just posted the actual numbers above. For those too lazy to click, last year they interviewed 304, and made offers to 217 for a post interview acceptance rate of 71%

I'm so confused by the 2018 data...... isn't that supposed to be us? How is that available if it hasn't even happened yet......? Lol

I'm so confused by the 2018 data...... isn't that supposed to be us? How is that available if it hasn't even happened yet......? Lol

Pretty sure it's data for the class of 2017 and 2018... So the data is a few years old. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Would that just apply to the Lebanon location?

If I have never shadowed a DO physician, should I even bother applying? Although I've shadowed multiple MD physicians, the first secondary question seems to be specific to a DO shadowing experience.

If I have never shadowed a DO physician, should I even bother applying? Although I've shadowed multiple MD physicians, the first secondary question seems to be specific to a DO shadowing experience.

Youtube a few Kellyanne Conway interviews and learn how to enter the spin-zone

Reactions: 4 users
Guys... Just previewed my secondary application and I realized I made an error on the check box.

I misunderstood agreement statement "I authorize WesternU's Human resources to release all relevant personal information contained in BANNER," as the release of my information to others and checked "No."

Am I doomed :(

Is it still okay to submit the secondary today if I received it a month ago on July 28?? Or have I already missed the deadline?