2017-2018 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you ever receive a rejection letter? According to some current students, they have a very unique system. Apparently there is no wait-list, and interviews and acceptances extend until the first day of class. If you never received a rejection letter up until this date, then I would deem that very unprofessional as well.
No I never received a rejection letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you ever receive a rejection letter? According to some current students, they have a very unique system. Apparently there is no wait-list, and interviews and acceptances extend until the first day of class. If you never received a rejection letter up until this date, then I would deem that very unprofessional as well.
@SLU Student It is unprofessional because it was obvious when I called that I was getting the same automated answer that I was "under review." They couldn't tell me if they received my MCAT score, LORs, etc. And I never received a rejection phone call, email, or letter. They basically took my money from my primary application and never updated me on anything, even though I stayed on top of my application. To me, that is unprofessional. You should at least have the decency to send a rejection notification to an applicant that took the time and money to apply to your school.

Reactions: 2 users
@SLU Student It is unprofessional because it was obvious when I called that I was getting the same automated answer that I was "under review." They couldn't tell me if they received my MCAT score, LORs, etc. And I never received a rejection phone call, email, or letter. They basically took my money from my primary application and never updated me on anything, even though I stayed on top of my application. To me, that is unprofessional. You should at least have the decency to send a rejection notification to an applicant that took the time and money to apply to your school.
There are tons of schools that silent reject people. They don't owe you anything. I was rejected from tons of schools and never got a letter, call or anything telling me to kick rocks. If you sent in your primary and they like you, they send you a secondary. If you don't get a secondary take the hint...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
There are tons of schools that silent reject people. They don't owe you anything. I was rejected from tons of schools and never got a letter, call or anything telling me to kick rocks. If you sent in your primary and they like you, they send you a secondary. If you don't get a secondary take the hint...

A silent rejection is fine, but the OP of this issue called multiple times about his/her status, and now this has to do with the issue of lying. Even if they rejected him, silent or not, you can't tell an applicant that his/her "primary is still under review." That is simply untrue if they've already been rejected. That is definitely unprofessional.

Reactions: 4 users
A silent rejection is fine, but the OP of this issue called multiple times about his/her status, and now this has to do with the issue of lying. Even if they rejected him, silent or not, you can't tell an applicant that his/her "primary is still under review." That is simply untrue if they've already been rejected. That is definitely unprofessional.

Nothing was as unprofessional as VCOM never even marking my app as "compete", regardless of multiple calls/emails. That really pissed me off.

They emailed me saying my doctor's letter wasn't signed. Now I have to wait for my DO to get back to me. I'm hopeful I'll get an interview after that!

They emailed me saying my doctor's letter wasn't signed. Now I have to wait for my DO to get back to me. I'm hopeful I'll get an interview after that!

That stinks. I would think physicians are so used to signing everything lol.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I totally agree. A school in DC even disabled my secondary application account once they confirmed the money in. That school starts with H....! No rejection letter is a very common practice, my friend!

Guuuuuys, they just cashed my secondary check. This means I'm one step closer!

Reactions: 1 users
I've only received silence so far.

ME TOO!! I wonder if they only cash it in if you get an interview...?!
Not including waivers, all applicants who have had II's have had their checks cashed, but not all applicants with checks cashed have had an II. :thinking:

I'm hanging out on tapatalk stalking all the threads since I'm not working today .WCU please love me

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Not including waivers, all applicants who have had II's have had their checks cashed, but not all applicants with checks cashed have had an II. :thinking:

So basically you just said that all applicants get their checks cashed regardless of interviews?? I had to read that multiple times lolol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hanging out on tapatalk stalking all the threads since I'm not working today .WCU please love me

Literally same. No work today and just stalking all these threads.

I stalk SDN and reddit because my supervisor feels like I have enough work to do, but little does she know...

Hey all! I was verified and had everything turned in on my primary on 7/1. On aacomas it still says "in progress" for this school and two others. Ever other school says verified. Should I contact aacomas or the school to see why my application has not been sent in yet?

Does anyone know any information about format of the interview/what you do that day?

Are they scheduling for the end of August or beginning of September?

Mine is right smack in the middle. I'm unsure of any other dates since I accepted that one.

I got my first interview scheduled on 08/21/2017 So excited

Reactions: 3 users
II! I'm so exited!! Ahh! See y'all there!

Reactions: 2 users
Do they send you an e-mail once they receive your secondary and once it is complete?