2017-2018 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got my II!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my II!

How long after confirming your file was complete did they send an II? I received a secondary from them the day my application was verified and sent it out the day after. My file was confirmed to be complete today after a slight hiccup with the letter from the DO I shadowed.

Last edited:
If one hasn't heard anything back from them, and you've been submitted and verified (letters and all) since 6/1, can we assume a silent rejection?

If one hasn't heard anything back from them, and you've been submitted and verified (letters and all) since 6/1, can we assume a silent rejection?

Did you get a secondary invite? I got one the same day I was verified. I think others have waited longer.

Yup, I already have received secondaries and an II from other schools, WCU is the only one that hasn't sent me anything at all.

You should email or call them. I just received my II from them.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview and how do you think I should prepare for this? This is my first one and I don't want to screw it up!

II today, for August 21, sent secondary 7/17, application complete 7/19

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on the interviews!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
II today, for August 21, sent secondary 7/17, application complete 7/19

Those with interviews - where are you traveling from and how are you getting there? Flights are $500+ into Laurel for me so trying to figure out other options to get there. I have looked at the possibility of flying into Jackson, renting a car and going from there. Any other ideas?

I received an interview and how do you think I should prepare for this? This is my first one and I don't want to screw it up!
Assert your dominance by locking eyes with the interviewer, all the while urinating in the room to mark your territory.

But, also see if you school does mock interviews. Usually its the college of business or w/e. Practicing w/ friends also helps. Anything that gets you to speak your answers out loud.
Those with interviews - where are you traveling from and how are you getting there? Flights are $500+ into Laurel for me so trying to figure out other options to get there. I have looked at the possibility of flying into Jackson, renting a car and going from there. Any other ideas?
I'm gonna fly from the West Coast into New Orleans, cause I've never been there before and its New Orleans! Plus, last I checked the price was around $280, round-trip.

Reactions: 1 user
I also forgot to ask, after ya'll emailed back accepting your interview, did you get another email back with a confirmation?

OMS-4 Here:

If the tradition holds, it will be a very laid-back interview. It will be with Dr. Weir and 2 faculty members and fairly conversational. Just be sure to know the standard "Why DO? Why Carey?' etc. questions and be able to address any issues in your application.

Some fly into Gulfport (the closest) or Mobile and drive up, flying into New Orleans and driving is also an option. New Orleans is usually the cheapest airfare.

II FOR 9/11!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Just got an email saying none of my letters were signed. I told all my writers that the only formality was to be signed on letterhead with the course number. I've gotten reviewed from 12 other schools so it seems that WCU is one of the few that rejects unsigned letters.

For the secondary where they ask for all extracurricular activities, volunteer activities, etc did you all list your physician shadowing?

Just got an email saying none of my letters were signed. I told all my writers that the only formality was to be signed on letterhead with the course number. I've gotten reviewed from 12 other schools so it seems that WCU is one of the few that rejects unsigned letters.
Yeah they need signed letters.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

For the secondary, did you print it out or did you type into a word document so you could literally "sign" where needed?

I just want to know the most professional way.

For the secondary, did you print it out or did you type into a word document so you could literally "sign" where needed?

I just want to know the most professional way.
I'm typing it out, printing, and then signing all the needed stuff. Are you literally JUST listing your e/c's in that one section with the dates? Or explaining each one briefly?

I'm typing it out, printing, and then signing all the needed stuff. Are you literally JUST listing your e/c's in that one section with the dates? Or explaining each one briefly?

Due to the small space availible I was assuming they want just a list...since they have the detailed explanation via AACOMAS. I usually try to remain within the space provider to "follow directions" and not annoy the admissions staff reviewing it. But it's a tricky choice.

For those flying into New Orleans and renting a car, what is the cheapest way to rent since most places charge fees if under 25?

I think after the fees and costs are added up it might be cheaper to just fly to Laurel for 400

Can any current students shed some light on the interview/interview day structure?

Declining my interview. Best of luck to you all!

Does this school have a waitlist post interview?

Flying into Laurel on the 24th - have been looking around for some places to stay. Anyone interested in sharing a room at a nearby hotel?

How long did it take for most of yall to hear something after mailing your secondary in?

How long did it take for most of yall to hear something after mailing your secondary in?
I think it took me a little over a week from mailing the secondary to hear that my app was complete and being reviewed. Have not heard anything since then (about a week ago).

Has anyone interviewed yet for this cycle? If so, how did it go?

Last edited:
I submitted my primary June 27th and still haven't heard anything back...kinda freaking out at this point, what should I do? Should I call them and ask whats happening? (I'm from WI btw if that makes any difference)

Interview received on Friday! I was complete almost exactly 3 weeks ago! So don't worry if you feel like it's taking awhile!!

Really looking forward to interviewing here! Everyone seems so nice on the phone!!

Interview received on Friday! I was complete almost exactly 3 weeks ago! So don't worry if you feel like it's taking awhile!!

Really looking forward to interviewing here! Everyone seems so nice on the phone!!

Agreed. Ms. Donna Day was very helpful.

I interview tomorrow, and I echo the sentiments of everyone above. They seem super personable and welcoming.