2017 ****The Official Meharry Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

GsuDent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been offered an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you recently submit your application? I am sure they have started the interview process.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you recently submit your application? I am sure they have started the interview process.

Do you know this for sure? I haven't heard of any interviews from them yet. I submitted in early August.

Do you know this for sure? I haven't heard of any interviews from them yet. I submitted in early August.

No, I am not for sure. Maybe they will start soon.

I applied here last cycle. If you're OOS you might as well forget about this school. They lean VERY heavily towards resident applicants.

Theyve started giving out interviews a while ago.

I recieved an offer from them 8/24. my app was complete 8/17. im a florida resident.

I also received an interview on 8/22. I'm a Georgia Resident. My interview is on 9/21.

I thought they accepted a high percentage of OOS applicants. Most people I know there are not residents.

That was a pretty quick turn around. Was your secondary also complete? Monday is when I plan to have everything submitted.

Members don't see this ad :)
That was a pretty quick turn around. Was your secondary also complete? Monday is when I plan to have everything submitted.

yea it was, i think i submitted my secondary app on tuesday and received the offer on that thurs or fri

Has everyone here taken the semester of Biochem MMC SOD has added?

Just had my interview today. It was extremely laid back. You all have NOTHING to worry about. If you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them : )

Just had my interview today. It was extremely laid back. You all have NOTHING to worry about. If you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them : )

That is great news! You mind giving a brief run-down of the day?

That is great news! You mind giving a brief run-down of the day?

Sure! When you arrive you go to the lobby and sign in and they give you a badge with your name on it. We were able to sit down with other interviewees and talk for about 30 minutes. There was 24 of us so that was a huge group, I didn't expect that many people lol. They then line us up to take pictures of us and then we head up to the 6th floor for introductions and a financial aid session. After, they split us up into two groups so Group 1 went for their 2 one on one 30 minute interviews while group 2 had a Q&A session with Dr. Luten. The interviews were laid back it was just like a conversation. But it also depends on who is interviewing you. I had Dr. Price and Dr. Hines and they were really cool to talk to. They didn't drill me with ridiculous questions. But after that Group 2 did their interviews while Group 1 had the Q&A session. Then we went on a tour of the school with the dental students and ate lunch. Before we left we had to fill out a survey of what we thought about the day. I really liked the school. The students are very friendly and the staff is very nice and made sure we felt comfortable the entire day. Just go in there and be yourself and you should be fine :D

I just got one today too for 11/16

How did you guys recieve notification for your interview request from them?

Ugh AADSAS is taking forever to calculate my gpa. This is going on the 3rd week!!!

Hi Guys I received my interview for 11/16/12! yayy I was beginning to get a little worried! lol Im all smiles right now :D:D:D

Hi guys,

I'm interviewing tomorrow at Meharry but do not know what the day will be like. I just know that it's scheduled for tomorrow. I emailed Angelo Lee on Monday but did not get a response. I also called at 3pm today but only got voicemail. :scared:

If you were invited to interview, could you please share details about interview day at Meharry? Like when and where to meet, what the breakdown is like, etc.

Thank you!!

Hi guys,

I'm interviewing tomorrow at Meharry but do not know what the day will be like. I just know that it's scheduled for tomorrow. I emailed Angelo Lee on Monday but did not get a response. I also called at 3pm today but only got voicemail. :scared:

If you were invited to interview, could you please share details about interview day at Meharry? Like when and where to meet, what the breakdown is like, etc.

Thank you!!

Jwilliams183 gave lots of details in his post. Good luck on your interview.

btw I just received an invitation for Nov 16! Received the email on Sunday :p

Sure! When you arrive you go to the lobby and sign in and they give you a badge with your name on it. We were able to sit down with other interviewees and talk for about 30 minutes. There was 24 of us so that was a huge group, I didn't expect that many people lol. They then line us up to take pictures of us and then we head up to the 6th floor for introductions and a financial aid session. After, they split us up into two groups so Group 1 went for their 2 one on one 30 minute interviews while group 2 had a Q&A session with Dr. Luten. The interviews were laid back it was just like a conversation. But it also depends on who is interviewing you. I had Dr. Price and Dr. Hines and they were really cool to talk to. They didn't drill me with ridiculous questions. But after that Group 2 did their interviews while Group 1 had the Q&A session. Then we went on a tour of the school with the dental students and ate lunch. Before we left we had to fill out a survey of what we thought about the day. I really liked the school. The students are very friendly and the staff is very nice and made sure we felt comfortable the entire day. Just go in there and be yourself and you should be fine :D

Hey guys,

Do you know how the interview process selection work at Meharry? My file was completed the first week of October. I am wondering how long it will take for the school to review my file and make a decision.

Hey guys,

Do you know how the interview process selection work at Meharry? My file was completed the first week of October. I am wondering how long it will take for the school to review my file and make a decision.

It depends...I had mine finished the second week of August and I didn't receive an interview invite until the beginning of October.

Hi, yall see you guys on the 11/16!!! It took 4ever to get a response from them and I met Dr. Luten and he told me to call him when my application was complete. Little good that did lol

Received the email today! I have an interview on Jan 16th! I am super excited to visit Meharry and Nashville!

Does anyone have any recommendations for which hotel to book for the interview? Thank you!

Nashville....great place to be at and welcome to my city!

It depends on how much you want to spend on.....the best hotels for you to be at near Meharry iare in the West End.

Hello. Does anyone know how many interview dates Meharry's had ?.. I know they had a November 16. But how many before before that date ?.

Thank you.

Hello. Does anyone know how many interview dates Meharry's had ?.. I know they had a November 16. But how many before before that date ?.

Thank you.

I don't know the date but Mr. Luten said that the school has 9 interview sessions. Each session about 24-26 interviewees. 6 pre-dec and 3 post-dec. hope this help!!:thumbup:

Thank you very much. And btw Dr. Luten was pure awesomeness :]

Last edited: