2018-2019 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LizzyM ~66-67. Anyone can PM for full stats :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
wtf? I'm at 67 too. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY APP AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Probably nothing. I thought the same thing because people with lower stats than me were getting interviews. It's a long cycle and they get a lot of apps. I wouldn't worry until you've been complete for like 90 days with no correspondence. Keep your head up! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does KCOM only look at the two letters that we indicate in the secondary or do they look at all the letters received by aacomas? Having a tough time choosing which letters to upload. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Just got an interview! Complete 8/8. Interview offered 8/9.

Dates are in October now.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an interview! Complete 8/8. Interview offered 8/9.

Dates are in October now.
congrats! I’m completed in July and nothing yet. Super nervous now. :/

Mind sharing your stats? You must have something they really like to offer an II that fast.

II today! The earliest interview date available was 10/22. I was complete July 19th. OOS. cumGPA 3.8, 509 MCAT.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an II as well! First one so far and I'm pumped! Complete 8/7 I think LM about 69 OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I turned in my secondary July 25 and got the complete email immediately. Have not heard anything since, regarding interviews or otherwise. Is this normal? Should I reach out? I saw that some people got interviews/on holds immediately

Ivy league grad, sGPA3.2, cGOA 3.4, 502 MCAT

I turned in my secondary July 25 and got the complete email immediately. Have not heard anything since, regarding interviews or otherwise. Is this normal? Should I reach out? I saw that some people got interviews/on holds immediately

I submitted at the end of June and haven't heard a peep. I think it's good to be patient for now. They have a lot of apps to go through

Same here! I’ll call the admissions next week if I still haven’t heard back from them.

OMG you scored a 132 on CARS?! That’s crazy! My MCAT composite is also a 504(127/122/127/128). But my CARS sucked! Could you PM me how you prepared for it? Thank you. Congrats on your II
my score distribution is 100% like yours. to the tee.

II today! November dates are available

LizzyM 66-68 and completed secondary 7/25.

Hello????????????? Not one word from them.

II today

Did you guys decide to lodge with a student or find your own lodging?
I requested to stay with a student. Cheaper option plus I get to hopefully ask a few questions and see if they have any tips.

II today at 5pm ET!! First one of the cycle!! God is good!!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone actually bring fam with them? Also dang these interviews fill up fast! Last easy into November! How long do interviews go for this school? Also does anyone know how good residency options are here?

Me too bud...sitting here in silence.

3.6/508 here

Does anyone actually bring fam with them? Also dang these interviews fill up fast! Last easy into November! How long do interviews go for this school? Also does anyone know how good residency options are here?
I'd say most people bring someone based on my limited experience. Do you mean residency options in Kirksville itself or just nearby?

For those who are waiting for an II like me, I called and they said to “wait” and if your application is complete, there’s nothing else we can do at this time. As long as they don’t reject you pre interview, we still have a shot. Hang tight!

Reactions: 4 users
"Please allow up to 2 weeks for processing before checking the status online or calling our office."

Does this mean that it may take upto 2 weeks for my application to be completed or 2 weeks after I am completed.
Currently on my application status, I only my "Application Submitted" part check off and nothing else.
Do I have to send my MCAT score and LOR separately to this school?

Thanks

Does this mean that it may take upto 2 weeks for my application to be completed or 2 weeks after I am completed.
Currently on my application status, I only my "Application Submitted" part check off and nothing else.
Do I have to send my MCAT score and LOR separately to this school?

Thanks
It may take 2 weeks or longer for your app to be completed, mine took longer, I called A little over the 1 month mark and was marked complete within a few hours, so definitely call if its been at least a month. MCAT and LOR should be sent to AACOMAS, schools will get the required materials from them.

It has been six weeks so far, application complete, waiting anxiously for an interview!!

It may take 2 weeks or longer for your app to be completed, mine took longer, I called A little over the 1 month mark and was marked complete within a few hours, so definitely call if its been at least a month. MCAT and LOR should be sent to AACOMAS, schools will get the required materials from them.
should i need concerned that non of the other component of my application (LOR, MCAT) isn't checked off yet?
I'm just assuming that it'll take them over 2 weeks to check those off, but I want to make sure. Thanks :)

should i need concerned that non of the other component of my application (LOR, MCAT) isn't checked off yet?
I'm just assuming that it'll take them over 2 weeks to check those off, but I want to make sure. Thanks :)
I think it’s safe to call them and ask. The rep on the phone was nice to me.

For the second secondary essay (specific DO experience), what did people who have never shadowed a DO write? In a bit of a pickle rn

As long as you've submitted everything to AACOMAS, there's nothing to worry about. The school will be able to download that info from your primary app once they're ready to review you for completeness. I would personally hold off on calling them for now, unless its been well over the 2 week mark since you've submitted your secondary application. They have a ton of apps to go through so I think its worth giving them at least 2 weeks between submission and calling, per their request.

I was complete on 7/16 and haven't heard anything. should I call back? My stats are 505. My UG GPA was low at around a 3.1 science. But I have my MS with a 3.65 and lots of research and direct patient care. Any advice?

As long as you've submitted everything to AACOMAS, there's nothing to worry about. The school will be able to download that info from your primary app once they're ready to review you for completeness. I would personally hold off on calling them for now, unless its been well over the 2 week mark since you've submitted your secondary application. They have a ton of apps to go through so I think its worth giving them at least 2 weeks between submission and calling, per their request.
Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't just me. I submitted my secondary only a couple of days ago and just realized that none of the other components were checked off. I'm not too concerned about it, but I don't want to call them when I should've two weeks later only to realize I have to wait another two weeks in case this wasn't suppose to happen lol.

Just got accepted to DMU, so I plan to cancel my interview here for October 12th. Hopefully that means one off you all will be able to take that slot!

Reactions: 3 users