2018-2019 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any facebook page started for accepted students. ??

Members don't see this ad.

any facebook page started for accepted students. ??

I don't know. However, I figured the general consensus would be to wait until after December 14th since most of us will have made our decision and deposited somewhere by then. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get accepted willing to look over my secondary? Or anyone willing to? Thanks1

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone stay in student housing? I feel like I clicked the button for it, but never got a confirmation and I'm flying in tomorrow. Just trying to figure out if I need to find a hotel.

Did anyone stay in student housing? I feel like I clicked the button for it, but never got a confirmation and I'm flying in tomorrow. Just trying to figure out if I need to find a hotel.
I got student housing. Haven’t had my interview yet but a med student reached out to me by email

Anyone placed on hold? And did you hear back yet if you were?

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted this morning!! Interviewed 10/12 :soexcited::biglove:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone that got accepted here share their stats?
I was complete mid September and still waiting to hear back...

What's the likelihood to move forward if you get a hold pre-II? is this same as soft R?

Just got the acceptance call!! Interviewed 10/28 Was not expecting that fast of a turnaround.

Does anyone know what exactly this email means (hold, soft rejection)?:

"Due to the competitiveness of the applicant pool this year, the Admissions Committee has decided to release a decision regarding your application on January 25, 2019. We will be contacting you with the information as soon as the decision is available from the Admissions Committee. Thank you for your patience."

Can anyone attest to the number of students who take the USMLE and if the school prepares them well for it?

Can anyone attest to the number of students who take the USMLE and if the school prepares them well for it?

To my knowledge, about 60-70 people out of 170 in the class of 2020 took the USMLE.

Overall you are prepared very well for the COMLEX. They stress that you are not required to take the USMLE but are required to take the COMLEX. With that being said, lecturers do not get up there and only go over board relevant material, but do often highlight commonly board tested topics. I would imagine this is the way it is for most DO schools.

Anyone willing to lookover my diversity essay? I'm really having some troubles with it right now. Thanks!

II today! Was not expecting such a quick turn around. Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate by chance?
Submitted secondary 11/2
Complete 11/5

Interviewed 11/2. Accepted 11/8. That was a quick turn around!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I was accepted here on Thursday. Super excited to have a seat at this school and was very impressed. Interviewed 11/2.

Anyone willing to help cut down my essay? Looking for some advice to get my secondary in ASAP. Thanks!

It was seriously the most relaxed interview I've been to yet. It's cliche advice but just know your app and be yourself. I honestly enjoyed myself and would say I had a good time!

Hello! I sent in my II kinda late.. several weeks ago (October)... Do decisions pop up on the app status page, email, or snail mail.. or it depends? And how long did you wait after submitting your II to receive a decision from them? Thank you! Good luck to all of you!

Hello! I sent in my II kinda late.. several weeks ago (October)... Do decisions pop up on the app status page, email, or snail mail.. or it depends? And how long did you wait after submitting your II to receive a decision from them? Thank you! Good luck to all of you!
Interview invites come via email (they also show up as as interview invite tab in the portal) and it depends. There is not an exact time estimate.

II already? Let's gooooooooooooo!

Applied with a 3.44 cGPA, 3.30 sGPA, and 506. Got my secondary app 12 days ago, turned it in 4 days ago. Super stoked to get my first interview of the cycle, including at my father's alma mater.

Also, seconding AngelsFan17, anyone know post-interview acceptance rates? Thanks in advance and hope to see some of you guys January 25th!

Reactions: 3 users
II already? Let's gooooooooooooo!

Applied with a 3.44 cGPA, 3.30 sGPA, and 506. Got my secondary app 12 days ago, turned it in 4 days ago. Super stoked to get my first interview of the cycle, including at my father's alma mater.

Also, seconding AngelsFan17, anyone know post-interview acceptance rates? Thanks in advance and hope to see some of you guys January 25th!
The given numbers are about 1 in 3 but it is realistically closer to 1 in 2.

I have an interview coming up here as well and realllllly hope it’s closer to 1 in 2 lol. Super nervous!!!
It is pretty darn chill. Never felt nervous really. They're not trying to trick you or grill you (at least my interviewers didn't). Have some questions ready to go because there was usually about 5 minutes at the end of each to ask. You'll do great!

Accepted here this morning!! Interview 11/2. So excited for this school! The faculty and students were so welcoming and the interview was probably the most laid back I’ve had so far

Anyone willing to help me with the first supplemental essay for KCOM? I'm struggling to cut it down and trying to fit the mission in

Anyone willing to help me with the first supplemental essay for KCOM? I'm struggling to cut it down and trying to fit the mission in
PM me and I’ll take a look at it!

Any hope for people who were complete in August? Kinda frustrated that I haven’t heard anything at all.

Current students, do you feel like you are receiving a pretty good education and practice on OMM? I know some schools really stress OMM and give students over 200 hours within the first 2 years. Also is there any type of clinical experience within the first two years?

Current students, do you feel like you are receiving a pretty good education and practice on OMM? I know some schools really stress OMM and give students over 200 hours within the first 2 years. Also is there any type of clinical experience within the first two years?
Not a current student but I did stay with one and that person told me for the most part it’s didactic for the first two years and then clinical the last two. There is a two week break at the end of the first year where you go off for clinical experiences if I remember correctly

Got this message today:

“The Admissions Screening Committee recently reviewed your application materials. At this time, the Committee has placed your file on hold. Your application may be reviewed again at a later date for future consideration.

The Admissions Office will inform you of your status as soon as a final decision has been reached. Thank you for your patience and interest in A.T. Still University-Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine.”

Anyone know what this means or have any insight? Thanks

II today. Complete mid-fall. Very excited to interview here!

Got that "obtain 15-20 hrs of primary care osteopathic primary care shadowing and we'll schedule an interview" email last week (after silence and being complete since early august), which I was going to do until I got an acceptance elsewhere yesterday so there's definitely still spots to open up!

That gives me hope. I just submitted my secondary today. Wish everyone the best!

Does everyone get the diversity email? Or only people who are granted a II?