2018-2019 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You would think as an "adult" I would know the meaning of business casual. But for anyone wondering what to wear for the Dean's Welcome the night before the interview, found this on ATSU's website.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• ATSU Dress Code.jpg
    ATSU Dress Code.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 251
Reactions: 3 users
You would think as an "adult" I would know the meaning of business casual. But for anyone wondering what to wear for the Dean's Welcome the night before the interview, found this on ATSU's website.
They chose like the goofiest looking people for that photo lol

Members don't see this ad :)
The earliest interview is Oct 5th. I literally have one at AZCOM the week before ahhhh!

Reactions: 1 user
II received just now! Took the first available interview on 10/05.

Reactions: 1 users
GOt my II today as well. Beyond excited!!!!!

How necessary is the Welcome Dean message? I really can't afford to take off Thursday from work in addition to a Friday! eeek.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody have info on the interview/acceptance ratio?

Also - do they do traditional interviews in addition to the MMI?

Thank you!

Anybody have info on the interview/acceptance ratio?

Also - do they do traditional interviews in addition to the MMI?

Thank you!

I’ve been looking for this and can’t find it anywhere.
There seems to be a ton of II though... and we also have to account for those not using sdn/reddit.

From past forums and CIB its a mix of speed dating, MMI, and traditional interview

2nd II of the cycle! 10/5 OOS. Surprised I got one from here. Super pumped to see the school and see what Mesa’s like!!

Dam yall quick. Only available time slot when I checked right now was not till end of October

There seems to be a ton of II though... and we also have to account for those not using sdn/reddit.

From past forums and CIB its a mix of speed dating, MMI, and traditional interview

Thanks so much for the info. Was wondering just how excited I should be feeling and what the odds of acceptance are after an interview!!

There do seem to be a lot of IIs but maybe I’m paranoid.

Hey sorry for the second reply but looking on last year’s thread somebody said they interviewed 500 last year and matriculated 108. Not sure how reliable this info is or how many were accepted!

May I ask when all of you guys received your application complete email? Does anyone know if they send out pre-II rejection/waitlist emails? Thanks.

Congrats to everyone who got an II today! So proud of us! I got my complete email 7/20.

Invited for interview today! for those of you who got the email, what date was available for you to schedule ur interview?

Last edited:
II, I was complete 7/20. I'm also team "AZCOM waitlist". 3.2/508.

Invited for interview today! for those of you who got the email, what date was available for you to schedule ur interview?

All I had was 10/5 or 10/26... I ended up choosing 10/26

GOt my II today as well. Beyond excited!!!!!

How necessary is the Welcome Dean message? I really can't afford to take off Thursday from work in addition to a Friday! eeek.

Deans welcome is ran by the current students. A few faculty are present too. You get a tour of the campus, cadaver lab, and a viewing of the 3D virtual anatomy lab. It's cool to see the 3d lab and what you will be using to learn in addition to the cadavers. Is it necessary or beneficial to the actual interview? nope, but a cool short tour.

Last edited:
May I ask when all of you guys received your application complete email? Does anyone know if they send out pre-II rejection/waitlist emails? Thanks.
I completed mine on 07/10! I have a feeling that they send out II in batches for people completed their secondaries within a certain period of time.

I completed mine on 07/10! I have a feeling that they send out II in batches for people completed their secondaries within a certain period of time.
I think I was complete on 7/13 but they were waiting on one more LOR. It's so hard to be patient haha

How many people total do they interview?

From perusing last years thread it seems like the consensus everyone was told was 500 applicants are interviewed. 108 matriculated, so probably 200-300 were accepted.

I swear I’ve seen more concrete official data on this. I’ll update if I find it.

Reactions: 3 users
From perusing last years thread it seems like the consensus everyone was told was 500 applicants are interviewed. 108 matriculated, so probably 200-300 were accepted.

I swear I’ve seen more concrete official data on this. I’ll update if I find it.

That would be pretty awesome. That’s a 50:50 chance

I signed up for the 10/26 date. Is it worth spending an extra day in the Phoenix/Mesa area to be a tourist? I've never been before.

anyone know the cheapest hotel off their discount list? they offer pretty bomb discounts on rental cars

anyone know the cheapest hotel off their discount list? they offer pretty bomb discounts on rental cars

Wait, did you call to get the car discount? I entered the corporate code they gave in the email and it would have been almost $40 more than if I didn’t.

Wait, did you call to get the car discount? I entered the corporate code they gave in the email and it would have been almost $40 more than if I didn’t.
No I didn't call I just did the website as well. For the economy car it went from $91 to $34! Pretty sweet

No I didn't call I just did the website as well. For the economy car it went from $91 to $34! Pretty sweet

What in the world. How many days? When’s your interview? Sorry for asking so many questions, lol. That’s an awesome deal!

My struggles when I am so close but not 25 and have to pay the "underage fee" lol

completed 6/29; Interview selected 8/24. Excited!AZCOM Midwest interview 8/18th......what is the interview/acceptance ratio, anyone out there knows? Thanks!