2018-2019 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
When should we expect secondaries to be sent out?

Members don't see this ad :)
*reapplicant*

How do you guys feel about re-using secondary essays but just touching up sections with updated info? I really don't feel any different with my "inspirations to become a DO/Personal qualities" besides for new activities I can talk about

I've done that when I had to re-apply. I tweaked my personal statement a bit, but basically reused my secondaries.

Reactions: 1 user
How did that work out for you? For the secondaries did you reuse any of them 100%? For instance, in the ACOM secondary, I don't feel like touching the 1st essay question, "Personal qualities for DO", but I reworked about 40% of my second essay. Thanks for your input

I got accepted when I re-applied, but I also applied earlier in the cycle. I reused probably like 95% of my ACOM secondaries. I changed some of my sentence structures in my secondaries, but kept the same qualities and same reasons why osteopathic medicine.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my secondary!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got my secondary!
+1

Prompts (each one no more than a single page typed, and uploaded as a PDF doc to portal):

a. What personal qualities do you possess that will make you a successful osteopathic
physician?

b. What life experiences and people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician?

Secondary received. Will submit tonight when I get home from work! Good luck everyone!

EDIT: Submitted.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received does this school send out secondaries to everyone that applies?

secondary received and submitted

Hey everyone. I got an email saying they'll process secondaries that were submitted last week, this week. The only reason I got this email was because I couldn't upload my essays so I had to email them. Hopefully we'll hear something about interviews this week or next! Also, if you haven't had a chance to visit this school, I recommend it!! I visited earlier this year and really loved it here. A very welcoming community and great facilities. I think they have an open house in the summer where you can meet other students and tour the school!

Last edited:
I wish there was a confirmation email after you upload the essays because the payment goes through and everything haha.

I agree, have you got confirmation that your application is complete? Says it takes a few days.

i clicked submit and did not get redirected, it took me back to the same page with all my information still inputted..does this mean it is submitted or not?

did you have to login in to submit? there is a login on the side but idk my user or pass or where to even put my id...T__T

tenor.gif

Send me a secondary!!!!!

Received the complete email!

Reactions: 4 users
Received the complete email as well

Secondary Received.

Hmm. Bummer was not selected for an interview. "Your application will remain active and you could be selected for an interview later in the cycle."

Anyone have experience with that?

I received an interview from them last cycle I applied to ACOM and was eventually waitlisted. My application has only improved in my opinion but I guess it's not what they are looking for this time around. GLTA I really was looking forward to ACOM and will try to update info if they do still consider me throughout the cycle.

GPA 3.18 MCAT 506

Cheers.

Hmm. Bummer was not selected for an interview. "Your application will remain active and you could be selected for an interview later in the cycle."

Anyone have experience with that?

I received an interview from them last cycle I applied to ACOM and was eventually waitlisted. My application has only improved in my opinion but I guess it's not what they are looking for this time around. GLTA I really was looking forward to ACOM and will try to update info if they do still consider me throughout the cycle.

GPA 3.18 MCAT 506

Cheers.
Hey yeah I received the same email just now... and I have also interviewed at ACOM previously

Does anyone know if they screen for secondary? If so, what is the criteria?

Y’all got me checking my email every 10 seconds now :nailbiting:

This is just unhealthy haha

I was talking to someone at work today and said, "if you've ever wondered what applying med school is like, it's basically just neurotically checking your email and making lists of all the possible things related to interviews and acceptances you could ever think of. And also being in a constant state of panic." Lol

Reactions: 5 users
Y’all got me checking my email every 10 seconds now :nailbiting:
I feel like no email is a good thing in this case? Hopefully it means that they're still considering us haha

I feel like no email is a good thing in this case? Hopefully it means that they're still considering us haha

I've been thinking the same thing. Like hey, maybe they are doing three emails today.... a secondary email list, a hold list, and an interview list.... please...? I can dream, right? lol

I was talking to someone at work today and said, "if you've ever wondered what applying med school is like, it's basically just neurotically checking your email and making lists of all the possible things related to interviews and acceptances you could ever think of. And also being in a constant state of panic." Lol

And you know you have reached rock bottom when you check your email at 1am on a Sunday morning because schools are obviously going to send out interview invites in the middle of the night haha

Reactions: 5 users
And you know you have reached rock bottom when you check your email at 1am on a Sunday morning because schools are obviously going to send out interview invites in the middle of the night haha

My justification here is always, "maybe there is a delayed email." Haha.

Lol, I hope so too. I have been complete and under review since July 5. I know every year is different, but last year people were receiving interview invites by this time