2018-2019 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I totally agree!!! I got an II within a week at a school that I applied to in October bc of my ECs and personal statement. I messed up on my mcat so my LM isn’t that high but I’ve already gotten accepted to schools where people with way higher stats haven’t heard a thing!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats thank you for sharing ! Definitely gives hope to many people who have a large range of scores

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how long the interview season is at Einstein (aka how long invites go out until)?

Does anyone know how long the interview season is at Einstein (aka how long invites go out until)?

Med student here who does interview lunches: we interview into mid to late April and send IIs out through March or so. I interviewed in April myself so you still have a solid shot late in the cycle.

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Med student here who does interview lunches: we interview into mid to late April and send IIs out through March or so. I interviewed in April myself so you still have a solid shot late in the cycle.
Thank you so much for your response! I appreciate it!

Reactions: 1 users
I see the match list is impressive in terms of the programs, but if you didn’t want to do residency in New York, would that be hindered coming out of einstein? 90% of the 2018 matches were either NY or CA

Also I have a hunch that this year traffic day and beyond is going to be absolutely wild at Einstein, seeing how much they use their waitlist

Interview Invite Today, complete mid July and silence since then so there’s still hope!

Reactions: 18 users
Still silence, complete early July LM 77

For those that submitted updates post-interview, did you receive a confirmation email to confirm it was received and added to your app file?

II! Complete email received in November. LM ~70.

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought Feb 1st?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Do people outside the NE or without any ties have a realistic shot here? I’ve heard that they give some preference to people with ties to the NE

Do people outside the NE or without any ties have a realistic shot here? I’ve heard that they give some preference to people with ties to the NE
I'm from the South and got an acceptance.

Also would I be set back if I came to AE and did not want to necessarily stay in NY for residency?

That kind of preference seems unlikely from a private school in NYC. It could be that more NE people apply or attend.

Has anyone heard back in terms of rejections?

Reactions: 4 users
This may have been asked before, but does anyone know until when they usually give out interviews? in other words, is it a done deal or still hope left?

Also does this school give pre-II rejects?

Thanks!

till march

This may have been asked before, but does anyone know until when they usually give out interviews? in other words, is it a done deal or still hope left?

Also does this school give pre-II rejects?

Thanks!

II. Best program I’ll be interviewing at as of now. Really excited about this one :)

Reactions: 11 users
II yesterday

Complete late august

Based on past years, it seems that any interviews after December or so are for the waitlist and high-priority waitlist. What will be the difference between those two, and how can we maximize our chances of coming off? I’m not too unhopeful because I realize very well that Einstein uses their waitlist heavily.

Based on past years, it seems that any interviews after December or so are for the waitlist and high-priority waitlist. What will be the difference between those two, and how can we maximize our chances of coming off? I’m not too unhopeful because I realize very well that Einstein uses their waitlist heavily.

Publish something in Nature or Cell right now

Reactions: 8 users
What's their policy regarding updates?

Hi fellow interviewees,

Who did you send thank you notes too? To the admissions email or directly to the email address of your interviewer? They provided us with admissions email and mailing address for interviewer. I don’t want to do snail mail but don’t want to seem intrusive by emailing directly

Hi fellow interviewees,

Who did you send thank you notes too? To the admissions email or directly to the email address of your interviewer? They provided us with admissions email and mailing address for interviewer. I don’t want to do snail mail but don’t want to seem intrusive by emailing directly

At least on my interview day, they only gave us the option of snail mailing, so that's what I did.

Hi fellow interviewees,

I emailed my interviewer directly.

declined my interview a few days ago, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
need somebody to talk me down... is it out of line to send a letter of interest before even receiving a II? I don't have any substantive updates but I'm really interested in Einsten and still haven't heard anything :(

need somebody to talk me down... is it out of line to send a letter of interest before even receiving a II? I don't have any substantive updates but I'm really interested in Einsten and still haven't heard anything :(
Nothing to lose at this point, I think (do they have any interview days left?).

I wouldn't. They know you have an interest because you applied. Letters of intent are a post-ii thing

Nothing to lose at this point, I think (do they have any interview days left?).
As said a couple times before in this thread, they interview until April.

If you can think of ANYTHING to update them on then I would say go for it. If it’s just a love letter to the school it’s probably not worth it