2018-2019 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Based off the last email we received, I would think they are going to wait until the 15th to send acceptances off the wait list. I am still curious to know if all the people who received the supposed "HP WL" email got the "still interested?" email. I am going to assume we all did.

I hope it was just us lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Theres new interviews going on this week, next week and the following. So Im sure no movement till after that. Maybe after the 15th.
Yes.

For everyone still waiting to hear, I called admissions this week and they said they will be interviewing until the very end of April

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes.

For everyone still waiting to hear, I called admissions this week and they said they will be interviewing until the very end of April

Einstein has to be one of the latest continuing interviewers in the whole game right? I mean, end of April is crazy. On the one hand I am excited for anyone who dreams of going there and gets a last minute II, but at the same time, like.... don't they enough good candidates to fill a class ten times over by now? Surely they can't enjoy poring over applications until the 11th hour, right?

Reactions: 2 users
So their housing info says leases start July 1st? Seems kind of considering first years don't start orientation until later in August.

Got in off the waitlist today! How is Einstein’s financial aid usually?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone that got accepted!! Did you all receive the "still interested?" email last week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today as well after the still interested e-mail last week. So so so excited. My first acceptance!

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone accepted recently received link to submit deposit?

How generous are they with aid
This really isn't that bad. Par for the course for private schools or OOS residents. I think it is even a few thousand cheaper. But yeah still a **** ton of money lol

How generous are they with aid
Seems like they're semi generous with need baised. Don't think anyone has gotten need baised packages yet this year though... Still waiting on my fin aid pack

Seems like they're semi generous with need baised. Don't think anyone has gotten need baised packages yet this year though... Still waiting on my fin aid pack

One can hope. Already bought an AECOM t-shirt so there’s no going back.

Reactions: 1 users
Financial aid packages just went up.

Only loans... just what I wanted :^) Haha, hopefully some of you guys got some better than me!

Where are the financial aid packages? I never received an email log in/banner ID or anything from einstein

Wow Einstein is stingy with assistance :(

• Sad
Same, I just got the federal direct unsubsidized loan which covers about half of COA :(
I was accepted on Feb 1st.

Same... so I guess that leaves around 40k to take out in private loans (if parents can't help)? Disappointing

Same... so I guess that leaves around 40k to take out in private loans (if parents can't help)? Disappointing
Nah, federal unsubsidized is up to 42k but you can take the rest out in grad plus. Sucks but I'd rather have that than privaye

Nah, federal unsubsidized is up to 42k but you can take the rest out in grad plus. Sucks but I'd rather have that than privaye

Ohhh I see. Yeah, the gradplus loan was listed on my financial aid packages from other schools but not this one, so I wasn't sure. Thanks

Also had just loans in my finaid package sadly. Just emailed to withdraw my acceptance so I hope one of you gets off the waitlist VERY soon :) best of luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed a week ago and got the R. What a pity, I liked the place. At least they gave me a fast response. Looks like the application cycle is finishing up.

Any word on when WL movement might be occurring? It seems like it generally starts in late spring, but I'm wondering if the new deadlines might speed things up this year.

Any word on when WL movement might be occurring? It seems like it generally starts in late spring, but I'm wondering if the new deadlines might speed things up this year.
Waitlist movement started last monday! Unsure if we will see any more before April 30th, but I hope so!!

Should I be concerned I haven't gotten my post-interview decision and they have started accepting people off the waitlist? (interviewed early March)

Should I be concerned I haven't gotten my post-interview decision and they have started accepting people off the waitlist? (interviewed early March)

Beats me. I'm in the same position (except I interviewed in October). I asked if they had a timeline and I was told, "you'll know the when the admission committee comes to a decision." What a lovely truism haha. Guess all options are on the table: A, WL, or R.

Just to be sure, is the "rolling admissions" email a high priority waitlist? Interviewed in mid-March.

+1 on the rolling admissions WL email. Interviewed 4th week of March

What is the rolling admissions WL email? I just received an email that says "EINSTEIN - WAIT LIST" after my April interview