Mar 24, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Based off that email, I am assuming that there will not be movement this week and instead maybe a few days after April 15th? Also, in regards to the update, I would think they are just looking for our continued interest (saying that we would attend if accepted) in this update. Not an actual update about our activities, right?

Apr 18, 2018
Based off that email, I am assuming that there will not be movement this week and instead maybe a few days after April 15th? Also, in regards to the update, I would think they are just looking for our continued interest (saying that we would attend if accepted) in this update. Not an actual update about our activities, right?
I just said I’d go lol. I haven’t done anything monumental in a month besides more retrospective chart collection.

Jul 21, 2018
On their website it says spring break for 1st years is April 22nd-26th, the week right before the traffic day. Do you think this will have an impact or am I most likely over analyzing things?

FamousLinen

2+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
$84,646 - its on MSAR

Tuition and Fees
$55,360
Other
$24,000
Health Insurance
$5,286
Thank you! My msar expired a few months ago and I didn't realize it was coming up soon, so I hadn't thought to check there! (Unless of course this is available with the free version, in which case still thank you!)

Jun 5, 2018
When does Einstein get back to you in regards to loans and financial aid after completing the FAFSA? Also, what are the options for financing medical school without assistance from family members? Not quite sure how to pay for living and groceries etc throughout medical school, so if anyone has any insight on this that would be great!

Reactions: NerdTheRaging

yakarma11

2+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
When does Einstein get back to you in regards to loans and financial aid after completing the FAFSA? Also, what are the options for financing medical school without assistance from family members? Not quite sure how to pay for living and groceries etc throughout medical school, so if anyone has any insight on this that would be great!
Those costs are accounted for in the financial package, which are basically all government loans, unless given institutional scholarships. Your loans should cover health insurance, travel, living accomodations, etc. When given your package in the fall, the tuition will subtracted and the remaining money gets disbursed to you to use to your discretion.

Jul 21, 2018
Those costs are accounted for in the financial package, which are basically all government loans, unless given institutional scholarships. Your loans should cover health insurance, travel, living accomodations, etc. When given your package in the fall, the tuition will subtracted and the remaining money gets disbursed to you to use to your discretion.
So by applying through Fafsa gives me access to this?

Aug 29, 2018
Status
I can’t find COA anywhere either. Can’t imagine it being that crazy with student housing being so affordable.
On MSAR is says 84,646. I assume that is the closest to the true number of total cost of attendance. It says tuition is 55,360.

Dec 12, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I have an interview next week, any pointers? I know its late in the game, but Im still going to give it a shot!

Aug 29, 2018
Status
Do we know when Einstein is going to start releasing financial aid information?

Mar 24, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Every time somebody posts in this thread i think it’s happening(WL movement) lol
Based off the last email we received, I would think they are going to wait until the 15th to send acceptances off the wait list. I am still curious to know if all the people who received the supposed "HP WL" email got the "still interested?" email. I am going to assume we all did.

Reactions: OmNomChompsky
Apr 18, 2018
Based off the last email we received, I would think they are going to wait until the 15th to send acceptances off the wait list. I am still curious to know if all the people who received the supposed "HP WL" email got the "still interested?" email. I am going to assume we all did.
I hope it was just us lol

Jul 4, 2018
Yes.

For everyone still waiting to hear, I called admissions this week and they said they will be interviewing until the very end of April
Einstein has to be one of the latest continuing interviewers in the whole game right? I mean, end of April is crazy. On the one hand I am excited for anyone who dreams of going there and gets a last minute II, but at the same time, like.... don't they enough good candidates to fill a class ten times over by now? Surely they can't enjoy poring over applications until the 11th hour, right?

FamousLinen

2+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
So their housing info says leases start July 1st? Seems kind of considering first years don't start orientation until later in August.

Apr 18, 2018
Me too!!!

Lost my voice yelling when i called my brother lol

FamousLinen

2+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
This really isn't that bad. Par for the course for private schools or OOS residents. I think it is even a few thousand cheaper. But yeah still a **** ton of money lol

FamousLinen

2+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
How generous are they with aid
Seems like they're semi generous with need baised. Don't think anyone has gotten need baised packages yet this year though... Still waiting on my fin aid pack

FamousLinen

2+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Financial aid packages just went up.

Only loans... just what I wanted :^) Haha, hopefully some of you guys got some better than me!

owlsandturtles

2+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2015
Status
Financial aid packages just went up.

Only loans... just what I wanted :^) Haha, hopefully some of you guys got some better than me!
Same, I just got the federal direct unsubsidized loan which covers about half of COA :(
I was accepted on Feb 1st.

owlsandturtles

2+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2015
Status
Here's the COA broken down:

FamousLinen

2+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Same... so I guess that leaves around 40k to take out in private loans (if parents can't help)? Disappointing
Nah, federal unsubsidized is up to 42k but you can take the rest out in grad plus. Sucks but I'd rather have that than privaye

Reactions: acciobutterbeer