2018-2019 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
II received just a couple of minutes ago.

Bonus points to Einstein for the II on my birthday! It was a great present!

Reactions: 12 users
Congrats and happy birthday!
Thanks! It's like they heard me say that all I want for my birthday is an II!

Congrats to everyone else getting II's here! I hope to see some of you at my interview day!

Reactions: 1 user
II OOS ORM LM Low-Mid 70s! First time NYC ever.. haha...

Reactions: 4 users
Current student here who will be giving tours during interviews, hit me up if any of you have any questions about Einstein! Congrats to those who have received IIs, hope to meet some of you soon :)

Reactions: 6 users
Current student here who will be giving tours during interviews, hit me up if any of you have any questions about Einstein! Congrats to those who have received IIs, hope to meet some of you soon :)
Thanks for being willing to answer questions!! How long does the interview day last? On the portal it only had me select a 1 hour time span

Thanks for being willing to answer questions!! How long does the interview day last? On the portal it only had me select a 1 hour time span

I'm happy to help!

The one hour block you select is just for the actual interview part of the day. When it is confirmed, you will be given an arrival time in the morning, which will depend on when you selected an interview and where your interviewer is (at admissions vs. at Montefiore where you will take a shuttle). There will be a lunch, a tour, and some brief info sessions. I had a morning interview and think my day was over around 2/3pm. This will vary if you select an afternoon slot.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm happy to help!

The one hour block you select is just for the actual interview part of the day. When it is confirmed, you will be given an arrival time in the morning, which will depend on when you selected an interview and where your interviewer is (at admissions vs. at Montefiore where you will take a shuttle). There will be a lunch, a tour, and some brief info sessions. I had a morning interview and think my day was over around 2/3pm. This will vary if you select an afternoon slot.
Ahhh that makes sense. I selected an early interview time so it prob will be similar, thank you!

So I decided to add Einstein late (Aug 22) after submitting secondaries for a bunch of other schools throughout July. Anyone know how long it will take for me to get a secondary email? Also, is adding Einstein this late going to affect my chances?

So I decided to add Einstein late (Aug 22) after submitting secondaries for a bunch of other schools throughout July. Anyone know how long it will take for me to get a secondary email? Also, is adding Einstein this late going to affect my chances?
Einstein is one of the slowest schools when it comes to processing. At this point, your file probably won't even be marked complete until November/December.

Einstein is one of the slowest schools when it comes to processing. At this point, your file probably won't even be marked complete until November/December.
Ah, gotcha..so you think they'll even send me the secondary in the next few weeks or nah?

Should I be calling the admissions office yet? Submitted secondary 8/6 and no complete email yet.

II today. OOS, LM 70-75, completed 7/15!

I got an email today reminding me of my interview invite because i hadn’t scheduled it yet, but I scheduled it last week and when I login to the portal it has my date, time, and schedule and everything. Anyone else get something similar? Didn’t get a chance to call them today and it’s making me nervous lol

Secondary submitted 07/20, got a complete email today.

Anyone know if Einstein is receptive ITA emails?

they're receptive after you're under review I believe

sending ITA request even though Einstein 30 minutes away from my house.

“Just so you know I live in the area.....so it would be nice to interview here”

Is that how this works?

Reactions: 2 users
sending ITA request even though Einstein 30 minutes away from my house.

“Just so you know I live in the area.....so it would be nice to interview here”

Is that how this works?
Phrase it "I will be in the area between today and next August. An interview within this time frame would be greatly appreciated" ;)

they're receptive after you're under review I believe
do they send an email when you're under review? I got the complete email, but I can't find anywhere online or a second email saying my status as under review, pending review, reviewed, or anything of the likes.

I submitted my secondary on 7/20 but still haven't gotten a complete email yet. Should I be concerned?

Edit: Got the complete email today 9/5.

Last edited:
I submitted my secondary on 7/20 but still haven't gotten a complete email yet. Should I be concerned?

I think I got my complete e-mail on the same day or the day after I submitted on July 26-27th. Probably worth calling.

The e-mail simply said:

You have successfully completed the Secondary Application.

Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

I think I got my complete e-mail on the same day or the day after I submitted on July 26-27th. Probably worth calling.

The e-mail simply said:

You have successfully completed the Secondary Application.

Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

That's not the complete email. There's a second email that comes later saying "We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee." It took a month for me to get it after submitting my secondary/having letters in.

Marked complete today, submitted secondary 7/23

Hi,

What does the secondary invitation email look like.

I received the email from Dean Kerrigan about Einstein receiving my primary, but does this mean I go and submit my secondary?. Other schools say “ here’s a link to the secondary application”

Should I fill out secondary anyways?

Hi,

What does the secondary invitation email look like.

I received the email from Dean Kerrigan about Einstein receiving my primary, but does this mean I go and submit my secondary?. Other schools say “ here’s a link to the secondary application”

Should I fill out secondary anyways?
That's odd, I never received a primary verification email sans secondary link - only an invite for a secondary. You could try and see if it's possible to fill out a secondary

Just got the complete email even though I've had everything in since the day I got the secondary in July lol

if anyone is also interviewing on 10/12 and wants a friend PM me lol

Had to go the Einstein campus for work today. Parking is a nightmare but they have a great library and a guy who sells fruit out front :)

Had to go the Einstein campus for work today. Parking is a nightmare but they have a great library and a guy who sells fruit out front :)
Oh jeez. Trying to figure out the best way to get there from NJ for my interview.

Oh jeez. Trying to figure out the best way to get there from NJ for my interview.

Current student here, I actually think parking on campus usually isn't terrible... Granted I don't personally have a car on campus but my SO comes to visit me often and its usually very easy to find free street parking <1 block away and if not there is a Quikpark parking garage right on campus that's open from 7am to 7pm as well as a 24hr garage at the Weiler hospital next door

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewing at Hofstra on October 1. Application complete at Einstein. Should I consider an ITA request? Plane tickets are expensive & I wanna get the most bang for my $ if possible.